Gerry Bertier's 1A Final Playoff Predictions

Gerry Bertier

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gordy won last night. If Moore county wins they are #1 seed. Gordy 2 and So Pitt 3. Things can change if Moore loses!

Maybe the TSSAA will see the light and perhaps and put Lookout and Basin in Quad 2 and Gordonsville and Monterey in Quad 1?icon_eek.gif At least that would assure that South Pitt and Gordonsville wouldn't play till the semis. Nah why would the TSSAA ever do anything that makes sense?

In all reality you gotta beat the one in front of ya to get to the next round. I got a feeling that Greenback might be planning on spoiling either Gordonsville or South Pitt's Party though. I can hear them dang War Drums all the way up here in NY. You'd think after 25 years I'd quit having nightmares about that bunch!

You must have been on the 1987 team that monkey stomped SP 34-0 at Gordonsville on a blustery cold November night? The next week, Gordonsville lost a heartbreaker to Greenback in the semifinals. If Gordonsville would have won that night they would have won 2 titles in 4 years with a state runner up sandwiched in between.

Ouch did you have to bring back bitter memories? We got punched in the mouth that night!

name='TheAmbassador' timestamp='1351256619' post='2881189']

You must have been on the 1987 team that monkey stomped SP 34-0 at Gordonsville on a blustery cold November night? The next week, Gordonsville lost a heartbreaker to Greenback in the semifinals. If Gordonsville would have won that night they would have won 2 titles in 4 years with a state runner up sandwiched in between.

[/b]

Yep I reckon I just told my age. LOL Man it was a cold one that night for sure. That night took away a little of the sting from 86. I believe this group of young men may be more talented than we were. The big difference I have seen is the 87 group had a "Nasty" streak that I have yet to see in these boys. I don't mean dirty trash talking punk when I say nasty, I just mean we're gonna come after you all night and punish you till we take you're heart.

I have to say the "Original" Coach Grider was a class guy that night 25 years ago. He took time before you guys left and had some very nice words for us. I know he must be missed by some of the "Old" guys!

Calm Seas and good luck, well at least till you come to Gordonsville then I really wouldn't mind another "MonkeyStomping". LOL

Yep I reckon I just told my age. LOL Man it was a cold one that night for sure. That night took away a little of the sting from 86. I believe this group of young men may be more talented than we were. The big difference I have seen is the 87 group had a "Nasty" streak that I have yet to see in these boys. I don't mean dirty trash talking punk when I say nasty, I just mean we're gonna come after you all night and punish you till we take you're heart.

I have to say the "Original" Coach Grider was a class guy that night 25 years ago. He took time before you guys left and had some very nice words for us. I know he must be missed by some of the "Old" guys!

Calm Seas and good luck, well at least till you come to Gordonsville then I really wouldn't mind another "MonkeyStomping". LOL

the reason you havent seen it yet is because it haS yet to be needed just hang in there you will see it .., as roy would say ..... you think im kidding...IM NOT

The bracket for the 1A playoffs should look like this when announced later this morning. Quad 1 & 2 no real change, Quad 3 & 4 have been shook up a bit, from the previous set.

Quad 1

1 Greenback (9-1)

4 Copper Basin (7-3)

5 Lookout Valley (5-5)

3 Cloudland (7-3)

6 Midway (5-5)

2 Coalfield (9-1)

Quad 2

1 Moore Co. (10-0)

4 Eagleville (6-4)

5 Monterey (5-5)

3 South Pittsburg (7-3)

6 Columbia Academy (5-5)

2 Gordonsville (9-1)

Quad 3

1 Collinwood (8-2)

4 Jo Byrns (5-5)

5 Wayne Co. (4-6)

3 Nashville Christian (8-2)

6 McEwen (4-6)

2 Clarksville Academy (8-2)

Quad 4

1 West Carroll (8-2)

4 Gleason (6-4)

5 Halls (5-5)

3 Huntingdon (8-2)

6 Lake Co. (5-5)

2 Union City (7-3)

Its nice to see someone from (back in the day)post on here.lol!I played on the GB team,you all started with a 70 yrd Jamie Angel off tackle TD lost his shoe at about the 20(good running back)then GB went to work,we had a nice team that yr.That was a tuff ball game!