Future of Soddy Daisy Football

SDFOOTBALLFAN

Steve Henry will take care of the sports programs at Soddy Daisy if at all possible, the man likes to win.. Ive always told my sons, if you dont like the results your getting,start by fixing the man in the mirror first. Ive always been proud of the support our community shows our young men, matter of fact its part of what has always made our family feel good about coming to Soddy Daisy. I live in Soddy by God.......

Yea Steve Henry will take care of everything ..... Just ask him how to get rid of someone that he doesn't want ..... Parents and players say your AD told them to lay down and not play ..... Wow is that SD tradition ???

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are going to take your kid out of a academically superior school (Soddy Daisy) and out them into a sub par academic school such as hixson to play football???? Cause SD had a bad season??? So your kid can be a big fish in a little pond???? and you wonder why they call us Soddy Daisy rednecks ???

Academically the student can achieve just as much as Hixson as he could at SD, or anywhere else. It's up to the individual student regardless of what overall school test scores and reputation may be. Football-wise he could also, Chattanooga AA football has an SEC quarterback commitment, the AAA district can't say that.

Rick Smith

Bob Sanders

Jack Daniels

Glenn Ryan

Bill Price

Tom Weathers

E.K. Slaughter

Kevin Orr

Anybody recognize this list? This is the 8, thats right 8, Head Coaches at SDHS in the last 23 years. Since Rick Smith coached his last season in 1989, 7 more men have attempted to build this program up.

Parent support? Great Booster club? If Soddy Daisy was the dream job that you all seem to think it is, then one of these men would still be leading this program. The sheer number of names on this list speaks for itself. Oh, and at least 5 of these men are still coaching, at least 3 of them are still head coaches, and one is the Hamilton County Schools Superintedant.

Good luck to whoever takes this job. History says you won't last long.

Jack Daniels had the players, for sure, to be successful.

Wow, I wonder if several of the old coaches decided to sign up on Coach T and try to voice their displeasure with the decision. Coach Henry told the players to not play hard, really? Give me a break no way that happens. Deadly Catch and his comedy readings. Is it obvious he is either a coach who was on staff or a local coach in the Chattanooga area trying to keep somebody from taking the job. It's amazing how he appears on CoachT the day after Coach Orr resigns. Talk to any number of former players who played at SDHS when the program was going good and hear how disappointed they are in what's happened the last four years. It's not so much the losses it was how unprepared we looked, and some of the decisions made during the games. The coaches at SDHS have it better than any other coaches in the county. As stated earlier they dont have to touch the football field other than for practice or a game. Think Bill Price or Jason Fitzgearld would like to have somebody mow their field everyday? Not to mention the countless other things they have done for them. Hopefully Maynor will make a good hire

Wow, I wonder if several of the old coaches decided to sign up on Coach T and try to voice their displeasure with the decision. Coach Henry told the players to not play hard, really? Give me a break no way that happens. Deadly Catch and his comedy readings. Is it obvious he is either a coach who was on staff or a local coach in the Chattanooga area trying to keep somebody from taking the job. It's amazing how he appears on CoachT the day after Coach Orr resigns. Talk to any number of former players who played at SDHS when the program was going good and hear how disappointed they are in what's happened the last four years. It's not so much the losses it was how unprepared we looked, and some of the decisions made during the games. The coaches at SDHS have it better than any other coaches in the county. As stated earlier they dont have to touch the football field other than for practice or a game. Think Bill Price or Jason Fitzgearld would like to have somebody mow their field everyday? Not to mention the countless other things they have done for them. Hopefully Maynor will make a good hire

I am not a coach or former coach of Soddy Daisy, or I wouldn't have heard some parents and your AD talking In The stands. There were a few of us in earshot and others of us listening to some parents laughing about it. It was more than one player and some of them were also telling other players coach Henry said to not play hard. I stand FIRM in what I said

You are saying it is not because of the losses but other things that you are spouting off about, you say other Decisions Made during the game,You seem to know an awful lot about why he is gone.... Why is that? You talking to somebody making decisions?

So these coaches have it better than other coaches in the county ? Maybe, maybe not, but I do say just because you mow the field does not make it Cush job for any coach .

You tend to talk like anyone who disagrees with your bashing is a coach or relative or "a local coach in the Chattanooga area". Not true! many of us don't see it the way you do. You do not speak for Soddy Daisy or all of the parents or players or school.

I am not a coach or former coach of Soddy Daisy, or I wouldn't have heard some parents and your AD talking In The stands. There were a few of us in earshot and others of us listening to some parents laughing about it. It was more than one player and some of them were also telling other players coach Henry said to not play hard. I stand FIRM in what I said

You are saying it is not because of the losses but other things that you are spouting off about, you say other Decisions Made during the game,You seem to know an awful lot about why he is gone.... Why is that? You talking to somebody making decisions?

So these coaches have it better than other coaches in the county ? Maybe, maybe not, but I do say just because you mow the field does not make it Cush job for any coach .

You tend to talk like anyone who disagrees with your bashing is a coach or relative or "a local coach in the Chattanooga area". Not true! many of us don't see it the way you do. You do not speak for Soddy Daisy or all of the parents or players or school.

Players laying down or not playing hard? That is a bunch of crap. No matter what you say I know for a fact my son played his butt off every week PERIOD and any other parent will tell you the same. If any kids did lay down and their parents knew about it and allowed it to happen then that is SORRY. Hope Maynard gets some good applicants and someone can turn the program around.

Players laying down or not playing hard? That is a bunch of crap. No matter what you say I know for a fact my son played his butt off every week PERIOD and any other parent will tell you the same. If any kids did lay down and their parents knew about it and allowed it to happen then that is SORRY. Hope Maynard gets some good applicants and someone can turn the program around.

I agree SDL .... It is SORRY!!!

There weren't any kids laying down and not playing because of what any Parent or member of the faculty did or didn't say. My son had been a member of the team for 4 years and starter for 3 and I promise you neither he or any other friends laid down. There were a bunch of kids including my own discouraged about this and other seasons and how they were treated by the coaching staff. My son who was told at the beginning of the football season that he had a real shot at playing college ball next year as a defensive back(which everyone else would have said as well) now no longer even wants to try and walk on at any program. My sons and others love of the game has been RUINED by this coaching staff. They are gone and no one is to blame but the coaching staff. So quit getting on here talking about whats happened to bring this about when you have no idea. If you want this to get ugly it can. Let it go and let Soddy move on in a better direction. I'll purchase season tickets next year, I have a lot of love for a lot of kids still there. I now feel like I can support Soddy Daisy and not just the kids.