Daniel Boone vs Tennessee High (take 2)

trailblazersback

I guess that means we are both happy campers. The Boone game was by far the worst performance from the Vikings this year. With that being said I'm sure you can look forward in seeing a different team this time around. I would say you're going to have to open up the playbook a little further than the QB keeper and the boomb come Friday night. By the way... Boone always manages to put the saddle on a couple of good athletes each year, but after that I guess I would have to agree with you on the "slow non-athetic" thing. icon_mrgreen.gif

Didn't SH and DB score 70 on you this year? Those seem like pretty bad performances.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It doesn't matter what did he do against you guys? 1 pick maybe a couple tackles and prolly 50 yds. You better watch out for 12. I think Boone might be better without Sanders...but then again I still can't believe I just said that after watching him the last few years and they haven't really been tested since he was removed from the team.

Didn't SH and DB score 70 on you this year? Those seem like pretty bad performances.

There's a big difference in having a bad game and just simply being out manned. This years Viking and Boone teams are pretty evenly matched with Boone having a slight edge on the interior line and the Vikings with a slight edge at the skilled position. For a game between our two teams to be a blowout there has to be a serious break down somewhere (6 turnovers). If both teams play at their best level I just think we have a slight edge as I'm sure you feel the opposite. As far as the non athletic crap you keep referring to. That was very true when I made the statement 7 (SEVEN) years ago when Tenn High sported multiple skilled athletes on both sides of the ball but that kind of talent only comes around ever 3 or 4 years in Bristol unlike in JC and Kingsport were they get a pick year in and year out. I'm sure you can relate over there in Gray. Just a note: It's my understanding that Boone is creeping ever so close to 6A statues... so you may get a chance to prove how "athletic" your boys are in the near future like it or not. LOL

There's a big difference in having a bad game and just simply being out manned. This years Viking and Boone teams are pretty evenly matched with Boone having a slight edge on the interior line and the Vikings with a slight edge at the skilled position. For a game between our two teams to be a blowout there has to be a serious break down somewhere (6 turnovers). If both teams play at their best level I just think we have a slight edge as I'm sure you feel the opposite. As far as the non athletic crap you keep referring to. That was very true when I made the statement 7 (SEVEN) years ago when Tenn High sported multiple skilled athletes on both sides of the ball but that kind of talent only comes around ever 3 or 4 years in Bristol unlike in JC and Kingsport were they get a pick year in and year out. I'm sure you can relate over there in Gray. Just a note: It's my understanding that Boone is creeping ever so close to 6A statues... so you may get a chance to prove how "athletic" your boys are in the near future like it or not. LOL

Football games, especially in cold weather, comes down to the line of scrimmage, and I feel you are outmanned at that position. We won't win 37-7 but I do see a 2 TD Boone win. We are prone to turnovers so that may make it closer than it should be.

If it comes down to the line of scrimmage then you have a point. IMO our line on both sides of the ball has been our Achilles heel. But I think it will come down to how our QB plays. He's like Tony Romo he's either very good or really bad. If the guy that came to play in the South and Science Hill games comes I see the 2 TD win going our way. But if the QB that played in the Jefferson Count and Boone games shows up we could be in trouble again. Turnovers and big play special teams will also be a factor. The key for the Vikings is to jump on Boone quick and fast and to take some of that fight away which is by far their biggest asset. When our QB is in the zone he can put up points quick on anybody.

If it comes down to the line of scrimmage then you have a point. IMO our line on both sides of the ball has been our Achilles heel. But I think it will come down to how our QB plays. He's like Tony Romo he's either very good or really bad. If the guy that came to play in the South and Science Hill games comes I see the 2 TD win going our way. But if the QB that played in the Jefferson Count and Boone games shows up we could be in trouble again. Turnovers and big play special teams will also be a factor. The key for the Vikings is to jump on Boone quick and fast and to take some of that fight away which is by far their biggest asset. When our QB is in the zone he can put up points quick on anybody.

I can guarantee you one thing you will never take the fight out of a Daniel Boone football team. You might run around them, and they might not be able to catch you, but they will never lay down.

You think your QB threw all those picks because he had an off night? As far as the QB goes, pressure on a QB is like kryptonite to superman. It makes the best players break down. It's supposed to be cold Friday night too, that doesn't help your cause either.