11-AA

tigers90

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This Thread is way out of hand and way off topic.

Let's talk about the games, players, student sections, tournament. Something other than all of this negativity.

Waverly and Cheatham square off Tuesday. Cheatham seems to be playing good basketball right now. Waverly has had a couple of bad games the past couple of weeks. In tomorrow nights case, with this being the game of the year so far in the district I'd say the key will be who controls their emotions the best. Neither team wants to fall behind early. Biggest question is, can Waverly stop the big men?

This Thread is way out of hand and way off topic.

Let's talk about the games, players, student sections, tournament. Something other than all of this negativity.

That's what I'm saying. This thread wasn't started for all this negativity. Emotions run high for all athletes, coaches, fans, parents, cheerleaders and everyone else involved. Humans say things out of regret, anger, retaliation, etc and it needs to stop. Sportsmanship SHOULD be the grandest thing of high school sports, whether it be players, coaches, fans, etc. These kids and coaches play/coach the game because they love it. Not because of athletic ability, peer pressure, parents, etc. Let the games be decided on the basketball court as the players and coaches do THEIR best game in and game out. Everyone has a bad day/night in everyday life. Sometimes it just happens to be on the court, on the bench or in the stands. Just don't criticize these individuals on their abilities for that "one" game but yet pray for them to understand why things like that happen. GOD has a purpose for everyone. Sometimes failing from time to time is part of the plan. Also, having to deal with immaturity from other players, fans and parents is another one. Let's just say, I'm proud of each and every athlete, whether male or female that goes out every game and practice to give it all they have. It's ALL ABOUT THE YOUNG ATHLETES. Let's stop the childish crap going on. That happens in middle schools and high schools among the students. We should be all adults here and act as such. Just be thankful that athletes still enjoy playing the athletics at various high schools and middle schools with all the trials and tribulations in the world today. Not getting caught up in the evil of the world but trying to better themselves in a manner to represent GOD, their schools, their parents and themselves. With that being, said.....everyone take a look at themselves and ask......would my child/children be supportive of me the way I act at sporting events just as we, as parents support our children who are the athletes? PROBABLY NOT!!!

I think all the coach Izzo's, dr phil's, oprah's and dear abby writers that comment on here need to leave and go watch your relatives on the Maury show. Now are there any good games this week?

Here are the updated girls standings: Creek Wood 11-0 21-3 Cheatham County 7-3 13-9 Camden Central 6-4 15-8 Harpeth 4-7 8-17 Montgomery Central 3-7 14-9 Stewart County 3-7 11-14 Waverly Central 2-8

5-19

Here are the updated boys standings: Cheatham County 9-1 20-3 Waverly Central 9-1 20-4 Creek Wood 6-4 11-8 Harpeth 6-5 12-13 Camden Central 4-5 16-8 Stewart County 1-9 3-23 Montgomery Central 0-10 5-18

Here's the schedule for the week. Some good basketball left to be played to determine seedings for the district tournament:

Camden at Montgomery Central Tuesday

Waverly at Cheatham County Tuesday

Harpeth at Stewart County Tuesday

Camden vs Cheatham County Friday

Waverly at Creek Wood Friday

Stewart County at Montgomery Central Friday

THE UPDATED DISTRICT 11-AA STANDINGS

1.) Cheatham County: 20-3 (9-1): Waverly (2/5); Camden (2/8)

2.) Waverly: 20-4 (9-1): Cheatham County (2/5); Creek Wood (2/8)

3.) Creek Wood: 11-8 (7-4): Nashville Christian (2/5); Waverly (2/8)

4.) Harpeth: 13-13 (6-5): Stewart County (2/5); West Creek (2/8)

5.) Camden: 17-8 (4-6): Montgomery Central (2/5); Cheatham County (2/8)

6.) Stewart County: 3-22 (1-9): Harpeth (2/5); Montgomery Central (2/8)

7.) Montgomery Central: 5-19 (0-10): Camden (2/5); Houston County (2/7); Stewart County (2/8)

After tonight Harpeth will be finished with the regular season portion of their district schedule and everyone else will be down to just 1 game remaining in the district until the tourney starts next week. Once Cheatham County wins tonight the only thing that will remain to be decided will be who is #6 and who is #7. If SC wins then they'd be #6 and if MC wins then there'd be a "coin toss" between SC & MC to determine the final 2 slots.