11-AA

tigers90

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ricky: I have not attacked you in any way, shape, or form so I would appreciate it if you'd practice what you preach and do the same thing. Thanks!

The Cubs won and the reason the students stormed the court is because the win CLINCHED THE SECOND CONSECUTIVE DISTRICT 11-AA CHAMPIONSHIP for the Cubs basketball team. That's a reason for students to celebrate. This Cubs win was far from "an upset".

The part in BOLD appears to be something that looks like a person ripping an official. I thought many others posted "don't blame officials, injuries, food poisoning, etc." recently on this topic.

Also I noticed that Camden only beat Montgomery Central by 3 points last night. Montgomery Central has recently played Waverly to a 2-point game, Harpeth to a 10-point game, and now Camden to a 3-point game. I'm sure Waverly & Creek Wood would much rather play Stewart County than Montgomery Central at this point.

Not attacking you Joey, but I just thought you were above this bickering and gloating on here. You are right, the officiating was terrible last night. The Cheatham county folks hollered about the officiating at Waverly, I wasn't there that night, so I don't know. But last nights game should be turned in to the TSSAA. Some very blatant no calls or phantom calls were made. And when Waverly had the ball at the end with chance to win, Etheridge gets knocked around to lose the ball and then gets hit with an intentional foul, that was two bogus calls there. Either way, that's the only time I've seen either play and I don't see either team having the ablity to crow they are heads above the other. They are two evenly matched teams. I just thnk it is sad that two teams that evenly matched, have games outcome determined by officials who won't let them just play ball. You've also been around long enough to know you can't compare scores. Waverly also swept Creek Wood and Cheatham lost to Creek Wood. You see, you can't compare scores, things happen. We're still friends but don't let this gloating hurt your character. Let the teams line up and just play. Where have we gone to not just saying good game to two good teams. Cheatham is a very good team but so is Waverly. And from what I saw last night, I don't think either holds an advantage. Good luck to both in tournaments. Maybe they can end up playing for the Gold ball in the end against each other.

District tournament schedule:All games at Stewart county high school:

Monday February 11th:2 v. 7 girls 6:00 pm;2 v. 7 boys 7:30

Tuesday February 12th: 3 v. 6 girls 6:00 pm; 3 v. 6 boys 7:30

Wednesday February 13th : 4 v. 5 girls 6:00 pm; 4 v. 5 boys 7:30

Friday February 15th : 4/5 winner v. 1 girls 4:00 pm

4/5 winner v.1 boys 5:30

3/6 winner v. 2/7 winner girls 7:00

3/6 winner v. 2/7 winner boys 8:30

Saturday February 16th: girls consolation 4:00

Boys consolation 5:30

girls championship 7:00

boys championship 8:30

places to eat in Dover .Log Cabin,near school,Lance's pizza,Mama Mea's Dover Grille,Subway,Mcdonalds ,Sonic

yep that one last night was.

You say in other posts that they're evenly matched teams, so how could it be an upset by your own thoughts and words. For one I've watched both teams since beginning of year, Waverly was playing much better early in year and have tapered off since then, Cheatham has remained very consistent in their play. Cheatham is 2-0 vs Waverly, and your calling it an upset? Please explain?

Ricky: I have not attacked you in any way, shape, or form so I would appreciate it if you'd practice what you preach and do the same thing. Thanks!

The Cubs won and the reason the students stormed the court is because the win CLINCHED THE SECOND CONSECUTIVE DISTRICT 11-AA CHAMPIONSHIP for the Cubs basketball team. That's a reason for students to celebrate. This Cubs win was far from "an upset".

The part in BOLD appears to be something that looks like a person ripping an official. I thought many others posted "don't blame officials, injuries, food poisoning, etc." recently on this topic.

Also I noticed that Camden only beat Montgomery Central by 3 points last night. Montgomery Central has recently played Waverly to a 2-point game, Harpeth to a 10-point game, and now Camden to a 3-point game. I'm sure Waverly & Creek Wood would much rather play Stewart County than Montgomery Central at this point.

Lets see Waverly won the district in 2011, Harpeth in 2012, 2013 winner will be determined next week. No back to back yet, unless Harpeth is able to do it.

Lets see Waverly won the district in 2011, Harpeth in 2012, 2013 winner will be determined next week. No back to back yet, unless Harpeth is able to do it.

When he says back to back he means REGULAR SEASON BACK TO BACK DISTRICT 11-AA CHAMPIONS. So yes there has been a back to back so shut up and look at every aspect before you assume the meaning of somebody's words

Joey I moved away a couple years ago and we were friends. I thought you were above this garbage. I decided to make the two hour journey to see this game. Great game by two evenly matched teams. Waverly dominated this game pretty much start to finish other than lapse at end which only time CC led. Tetrible np call pnyou steal at endyou and thenI intentional fpul on waverly, no way. The officiating kept this game from being a Waverly blow out. Cold you say? Mullinax was very cold and Waverly missed at least 8 uncontested layups. Im not going to argue with you but the better team tonight lost. There was no blowout or dunkfest like you predicted. Give it a rest! Waverly and CCHS are evenly matched. They will meet again and could go either way.

Here we go. As I was watching the game last night, I knew that a Waverly fan was going to get on here and blame the whole loss on the officiating. I was there and the officiating was TERRIBLE both ways. Two huge calls were made on the big kids from Cheatham getting clean blocks on Mullinax at the end of the game that gave Waverly the lead. You can definitely argue that Etheridge got fouled at the end of the game, but you can't argue that he didn't commit an intentional foul. He wrapped both hands around Brinkley and never went for the ball. That gets called an intentional everytime.

And the fact that you said the officiatiing kept the game from being a Waverly blowout is absurd. They had plenty of chances to put Cheatham away being up 8 or 9 on a couple of different occasions and couldn't. And none of that had to do with officiating. The Cubs shot under 38% on the night according to one of their coaches and STILL won. Waverly hit 10 3's and the Cubs STILL won. That's what good teams do. You said that Waverly missed about 8 uncontested layups, well so did Cheatham.

With all that being said, I thought that game was REALLY good. A lot of people say that neither of these teams play good defense and only want to score, but last night there was a lot of good, solid defense being played. You say that Mullinax was cold, but don't you think that has something to do with who was guarding him? Darden has held him to 16 and 17 points both times they have played this year. He has the length to bother his jump shot off the dribble, and to stay with him and contest him at the rim. It says something about Mullinax to score as many as he has both games. Both coaches did an excellent job of making adjustments from the last game at Waverly. Waverly actually controlled the pace and slowed down the game, not running and jumping as much like I'd seen them do earlier in the year. I think that's a testament to the Cubs because they run so well. That was definitely a tournament type game with a lot of hard nosed play.

I'm a Cheatham fan and will always will be, but Waverly is very good. The three guards they have are legit in Mullinax, Etheridge, and Smith. And if they are all going at the same time, any team is in trouble. I thought for sure Mullinax was going to hit that last three he took in regulation to give Waverly the lead. He made every big play before that. Good luck to them. I enjoy watching them play and have a ton of respect for them.

For Cheatham, Brinkley once again saved the day for them. He made every big play down the stretch. The tip in to give the Cubs the lead for good, and the steal and free throws to ice it. (We won't mention the missed front end of a 1 and 1 before that, hahaha) He was in foul trouble VERY early in the first quarter and I think that hindered the Cubs in the first half. Darden carried the Cubs in the third quarter as did Saunders in the first half to keep it close. Thomas controlled the boards in the second half, where the Cubs got killed in the first half. Big contributions from Harlan and Bates off the bench too.

The last thing I will say is this: BOTH of these teams are really good. It's been a long time since this district has had 2 teams that could get to the state tournament, and I think either one of these 2 teams can. But anything can happen during tournament time. Upsets happen all the time. Teams that are better end up losing all the time. That's what makes basketball so great, the unexpected nature of it. There are still several teams in the district that can pull an upset. Creekwood can attest to that. Good luck to everybody come district tournament time! It should be a good one!

Wow, are you really that stupid? Do you not think everyone, I mean everyone that follows 11aa or that’s heard about this thread does not know what the phrase "bent over a Chevy" means. For someone in your crowd to display that, just goes to show you what the CCCHS fan base stands for as respectful people. (And I say to all the fans at CCCHS that do not agree with this, I am by no means talking to you). I am beginning to think you (Howdoitkno2. Ect.) may be 12 to 18 years old. Well, maybe closer to 12 because most of the 14 and older individuals I know would know and actually understand what the phrase means. It’s just a shame a Harpeth coach is the one that stood up for the wright thing to do and asked for it to be removed at your gym. Hey and he is the dad od a Cheatham player. Great job Coach Binkley. I am sure that every coach and probably every parent and player from both teams gets on here and reads all these posts. They all know what is being said and by who and from where.

To the real-----respectful CCCHS fans and to the coaches and players I humbly congratulate you. I will support you and pull for you against all other teams besides Harpeth and will cheer you on because I live in Cheatham County.

As far as these individuals on here that “ARE, SO CALLED CCCHS FANSâ€. Let your team do the talking and not your pride through your arrogant, self-proclaimed posts.

I was the one who made that sign, btw unless your blind or just completely and utterly stupid, wait your a harpeth fan with nothing but air between your ears you would know that the sign was never held it was taped on a wall. You also know where you belong, that's of course beneath cheatham county

Congrats to the Cubs on winning a second straight district championship last night. It was no upset at all last night. The Cubs are 3-1 against Waverly the last two seasons. Kudos goes out to Dawson, Stuart, and the players/managers for their outstanding work. The Cubs have gone from the laughing stock of the state to being a legit title contender in March. Everyone else in this district has been playing for second place all year and people like papatiger are only kidding themselves if they believe differently. Go Cubs!

When he says back to back he means REGULAR SEASON BACK TO BACK DISTRICT 11-AA CHAMPIONS. So yes there has been a back to back so shut up and look at every aspect before you assume the meaning of somebody's words

There is no such thing as Regular Season District Champion in basketball. Only Football does that. The District Champion is the winner of the District Tournament. That is the only plaque handed out to the Champion. So the aspect you speak of does not exist. I am sorry this is such a sore spot for you guys. Win the tournament and you are District Champs it is that simple, the real season begins Monday. Best of Luck to all.