State Playoffs... Your thoughts

MrTSSAA

There are two teams in the 1A playoffs with a loosing record and no teams with 5 wins were left out. Does this mean the system is working?

Old Pirate says this here tssaa playoff bracket mess is a joke! OP says like ole Clint Eastwood said lately if a feller ain't doing his job well you fire him. Dad burnit where is the voting boxes for them tssaa fellers? Edited by OLD PIRATE

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Peg, thanks for the leg. But the TSSAA is like the water company, they are the only game in town. The rep from the area is from Dunlap. I would like for him to write a letter to every AD in his area and explain why we are still in a 6 classification.

He won't because he cannot. Does the 6 classification better his schools, I think it does. I also look for the TSSAA to re-district and I bet you will find that a certain school that sets on a mountain is moved to the other valley the one in the eastern time zone.

A non profit like the TSSAA should be not for profit. sure I have no problem with building a slush fund for rainy day. But when a non profit puts it wallet before the folks it serves there is a problem.

The TSSAA was set up to run high school sports for the betterment of the kids and schools it oversees. When you have a system that (football playoffs) has so many issues that it has had the last 4 years there is a problem. Very few understand it, coaches don't know.

The TSSAA needs to fix this issue! When you play with it so that certain team get a home game so that you can get a good gate its wrong. let me tell you when you play with the system it will come out....... As always this: IMO, I am not a rep of any school, just a fan who pays the freight.

GCA was the best team from 1a-3a last year so I don't really buy your argument.

But don't forget they are geographically bigger than all public schools. they get kids from one end of the state to the other. Probably from out of state too. Just like all the privates that pursue sports. they're 1A enrollment is stacked and hand picked...and could compete in 6a

Edited by slimshady

I really can't blame the TSSAA entirely for this mess. I think the Board of Control deserves most of the blame. The TSSAA and the majority of the schools wanted the 5-class system. It was the BOC that voted in the 6-class system. My solution is this: Eliminate the Board of Control and the Legislative Council. With the technology we have today, each member school gets to vote online on all business matters. Only the principal or AD's have access to this. A school or TSSAA can make a proposal and the schools vote. The majority wins (example: if the there are 300 members, a 151-149 vote wins). The TSSAA can gather enrollment figures every four years, draw up classes, districts, and regions. The schools vote for approval. Class A votes on class A matters, class AA on class AA stuff, and class AAA on class AAA stuff. Only football playing schools vote on football matters. Same for the other sports also. Public/Private split can be voted on by entire membership. That's my two cents worth. Anybody else like to tweak my proposal, say I'm nuts, or what not. LOL!

Old PIrate says "Where are the ballot boxes to fire that bunch of skillet heads on the BOC? Who put them there and how do we get heard"?

BTW, OP likes the suggestion mentioned!

Old pirate i do declare enjoy reading your posts here and on the SP CA board. I just picture an old pirate talking like that lol