McKenzie Rebels 2013

foxtrot16

Rebs did Ok in a spring scrimmage with Milan and not sure how it went with Chester Co. (I believe that was our other scrimmage). But that's normal for uis in the spring. The true telltale will be in the fall when it's for real and the Rebs have a gut and attitude check. We lost some kids with talent from last season but nothing we can't recover from easily. A lot of these young kids stepping up well recall the "glory days" of Rebel football and want to be a part of that again. We will be OK soon.

Rebs did Ok in a spring scrimmage with Milan and not sure how it went with Chester Co. (I believe that was our other scrimmage). But that's normal for uis in the spring. The true telltale will be in the fall when it's for real and the Rebs have a gut and attitude check. We lost some kids with talent from last season but nothing we can't recover from easily. A lot of these young kids stepping up well recall the "glory days" of Rebel football and want to be a part of that again. We will be OK soon.

I heard you won your scrimmage 5 touchdowns to none impressive. You lost to Crockett county in a close one too however you had some players out I heard. Heard this from a friend that has family that will be a senior next year.

Also I heard you pulled someone from your schedule that has been out, and you week 0 opponent will now be Union City. If this is true, get ready for some Swo lol

I heard you won your scrimmage 5 touchdowns to none impressive. You lost to Crockett county in a close one too however you had some players out I heard. Heard this from a friend that has family that will be a senior next year.

Also I heard you pulled someone from your schedule that has been out, and you week 0 opponent will now be Union City. If this is true, get ready for some Swo lol

I've learned from the past to not pay much attention to spring scrimmages.....especially when Milan is involved. I guess it would depend on who was out as to the signifigance of the Crockett Co. game. None the less we're looking for a big turnaround here next season.

I don't know if Union City is back on our schedule or not but if they are it's fine with me. LOL, we get a dose of Swo even when they aren't on our schedule!!!! We can handle that minor distraction!!! LOL

If my memory serves me we have added Lake County back onto our schedule. Maybe that is who you have heard about???

Awe Lake County...The Battles We Have Had With Them, Huh?

You got that right!!! Some unforgettable games!!!! I just hope we can step it up and carry on that tradition.that dates back to the late '70's at least!!! And that was the coldest football game I ever went to and to be dismayed by a phantom Clipping call on a TD run by Dale McAdoo that would have won it for the Rebs!!! Guess I gotta give LC credit though, they had a pretty fine team too featuring Jewell Flowers as I recall. Lord it was cold in Tiptonville that night in the playoffs!!!!!!!!!!! That was the game that I made a sign and put it up by where Hig's is now saying "Will the last person out of McKenzie please turn out the lights!!". :thumb::hungry::popcorneater:

Edited by duckman38201