McKenzie Rebels 2013

foxtrot16

Butchie, I"ve learned that no matter where we go to a game it always ends up being an adventure. That particular night was special though. As much fun as we've made of it, Rebel Nation got a gold star that night even though winning the game. The response from the Manassas coaches, players and parents relating to our complements their playing, sportsmanship and overall hosting after the game was rewarding to me and hopefully to all of us. It has to be tough to be in their innercity environment and be trying to break out into the respectable world.

As for the Northside Panthers.....Since manassas is their biggest "rival" you would think they wouild have been receptive to us since we won the game but?????????????? They even were threatening toward us leaving (again, note to self...never be the first ones to leave a game down there!) My only conclusion is that they don't like anybody!!! Prolly don't even like themselves if the truth be known. Sad. Sometimes I realize that many of us don't even realize how good we really do have it here in lil' 'ol McKenzie.

Oh yeah, Go Rebels, beat them Mustang hosers!!

so back to football.... do any of you mckenzie hosers have any idea how the teams looking? or do ya just show up after the record gets over 500?

LOL...You Ned To Use That Term Hoser...Loosely...We Won't Have Any Depth At The Skill Positions...But If We Stay Healthy, We Will Be Very Competitive And Fun To Watch...Look For Our Passing To Be More Effective With A Solid Run Attack. What About You West Carroll Guys...Any Chance You'll Be As Competitive As Last Season? Or Was It A Once In A Lifetime Performance Last Season?

LOL...You Ned To Use That Term Hoser...Loosely...We Won't Have Any Depth At The Skill Positions...But If We Stay Healthy, We Will Be Very Competitive And Fun To Watch...Look For Our Passing To Be More Effective With A Solid Run Attack. What About You West Carroll Guys...Any Chance You'll Be As Competitive As Last Season? Or Was It A Once In A Lifetime Performance Last Season?

well we're returning 4 linemen and we're bringing in a 6'4 200lb QB with a cannon. oh yeah and a 4 year starter at fullback. im not predicting a state championship or even a district title but i think we'll be ok. our biggest question right now is how fast our young but talented wings can grow up

well we're returning 4 linemen and we're bringing in a 6'4 200lb QB with a cannon. oh yeah and a 4 year starter at fullback. im not predicting a state championship or even a district title but i think we'll be ok. our biggest question right now is how fast our young but talented wings can grow up

You Guys We're Fun To Watch...Good Luck!

• 2 weeks later...

That's expected Butchie. There will be a couple to step up I'm sure but how many? I suspect every team we see this season will have a similar problem though. Now it;'s up to the ability of the coaches and the pride of the kids. It's time to regrow some Rebel Pride!!! We need a crop of kids that want to make their school and community proud of them again like it's been for most of the past 10-15 years.

That's expected Butchie. There will be a couple to step up I'm sure but how many? I suspect every team we see this season will have a similar problem though. Now it;'s up to the ability of the coaches and the pride of the kids. It's time to regrow some Rebel Pride!!! We need a crop of kids that want to make their school and community proud of them again like it's been for most of the past 10-15 years.

We Have Been Spoiled, I'd Have To Admit...But It Aint Over...

Butchie, I really can't say a lot more about that night than what I already have. Two positives are that the folks from Manassas were exceptional hosts as were their kids perfect sportsmen. AND it was likely as good of a football game as we'll ever see. The low scoring counterpart to the great Lake Co./Rebel shootout in McKenzie that time.

Things I learned that night!!! NEVER be in those circumstances and be the first "foreigner" to leave the stadium!!!! Of couirse we did make it easier on the rest of our fans so I guess we served some purpose. It was interesting getting to know a few of the gang kids from Northside at the gate. I could tell they were glad to see us. Not sure what happened but JJ ran into my back and when I stepped into the street you were across 4 lanes and the median unlocking the truck. I guess by now everyone knows where the truck was! I found it interesting to note how little most folks arouind here notice about their surroundings too. Not a good thing in Memphis usually. I do know that we likely slung gravel all over a lot of vehicles getting out ot that parking lot after the game but other than that I have no clue what went on at the "club". I suspect that LJ got things under control and out of there properly. Actually I was flattered that penny loafer was glad to see us when we got there even though he still doubts my grasp of the Single Wing offense. Good grief, I grew up playing the single wing, T, and wing T. But hey, I know they got new and different names for them now and try to impart some magical difference but a duck is a duck is a duck!!!! LOL

Yeah, I bet JJ ran into you back that night. Butchie should have never let yall bring that out of the club that night at Manasses. LOL..