District 13AA How will it play out?

gohornets

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GC,

Her name is Ashia Jones.....She is a Senior.....played at Brighton as a Sophomore where Lanier coached her.....led by jones they had a strong year.....she then moved to Illinois where she played on the state runner up team.....her family and most friends reside in tipton co so she transferred back to graduate near her people.....at Bhs she lead the team in scoring and rebounding as a sophomore......in Ill she had 10 PTs and 12 rebounds in the title game.....she is the real deal.......13aa will have to go through Cov bc of her!!!!!

Sbl

Ripley Lady Tigers will struggle this tear as senior phenom Kiniesha Maclin is out for the year....The merry go round of coaches has caused a tough situation at Ripley......Lanier has moved from Brighton to Ripley......due to issues with practice most seniors and juniors have parted ways with the team.....Lanier has set the tone in his first year......as Ripley gets their program going the athletes are there......if discipline, commitment and work ethic can be instilled they will be a force to reckon with in the future!!!

Martin experienced, well coached

Covington experienced, total package

Obion Post and point guard, others will need to step up

Dyersburg Will need to find a scorer to replace KK

GC Enough talent to get 4th in the district

SGC lacking experience, well coached

Milan big drop off from here down. Estrada and Fry. must improve D

Haywood always athletic, must get consistent

Crockett Will improve, depth may be a factor

Ripley Loss of best player will hurt for sure

Martin experienced, well coached

Covington experienced, total package

Obion Post and point guard, others will need to step up

Dyersburg Will need to find a scorer to replace KK

GC Enough talent to get 4th in the district

SGC lacking experience, well coached

Milan big drop off from here down. Estrada and Fry. must improve D

Haywood always athletic, must get consistent

Crockett Will improve, depth may be a factor

Ripley Loss of best player will hurt for sure

This is about the same as i was thinking

GC, how are the Lady Pioneers looking so far this season?

Not too bad... beat Trenton tonight 70-17 which isn't really saying much as bad as Trenton will probably be this year. I think they sit at 3-0 with wins over Trenton, Huntingdon, and Lexington. We will be an average AA team this year, but when we drop to Single A, things should be pretty nice with the talent we have and coming up.

Not too bad... beat Trenton tonight 70-17 which isn't really saying much as bad as Trenton will probably be this year. I think they sit at 3-0 with wins over Trenton, Huntingdon, and Lexington. We will be an average AA team this year, but when we drop to Single A, things should be pretty nice with the talent we have and coming up.

I almost forgot gc was dropping to single A next year. They sould be pretty tough to beat in A ball.

They will be very tough in single a. We only have 1 or 2 seniors on the team this year and have some good young talent.

Sounds a lot like sgc. We have 4 seniors (i tink one may be out for the season) and 0 juniors. But quite a few of the many freshmen and sophemore can flat out play, they just need some experiance. Theres some pretty good middle school talent comming up also. I hope gc keeps us on the non district schedule next year cause it sounds like the two will make for a great match up in years to come.

Well i should be done predicting as i've picked my lady trojans two years running to beat out OC and i don't think OC has lost a district game the last two years tournament or season. What a run, they beat us worse in tournament than season as they peak at the right time which i think they will do again. We did lose some very nice seniors and then tragically our PG to ACL but still have really nice young talent even if inexperienced.

Covington has "added" a few non-freshmen talents which always helps and that will have them as the most talented to start the season, Westview looked mid-season smooth in the games I saw so far.

SEASON

1) Covington - My Preciousssss x2, remember Real when he was a Trojan he does good job

2) Westview - the Layhues/Vincent experience should have them winning the games they should

3) Obion - expected to lose Wright, but Jennings and Hicks weren't on floor when I saw them

4) Dyersburg - we lost some but have a whole lot more ammo than people think

5) Gibson - used to winning, bad taste from last year, will lean on Whittmore

6) So Gibson - frankly just goin by others posts here, have no idea

7) Haywood - they usually have speed

8) Crockett - talented young guards

9) Milan - good PG and other scorer

10) Ripley - had them 6th until losing Popeye

TOURNAMENT

1) Obion - I'm done betting against Laru and crew in February

2) Dyersburg - Coffman gets home region after close wins in the 4/5 quarter and 1/4 semi

3) Westview - Obion and Dyersburg will turn the seeds upside down

4) Covington - last year this was the "stay out of Obion's region bracket" game and neither team looked like they wanted to win as there was ZERO incentive TO win - I'm fairly confident that the last 4 consolations have been played to avoid the two juggernaut two year runs GC/GC/OC/OC - TSSAA needs to fix this as bad as the Z-Plan - perhaps send the loser home and grant the district champion a bye to region semis?

they will face (in no particular order) : Bolivar, Lexington, Southside, McNairy

Edited by 3pointer