Boyd Buc @ Oneida

reaction

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice website. Those were 2 close games in 98 and 99. 28-20, and 14-10. We should see another good one Friday.

Did you get a chance to check out some of the links about parking and food? They may not be working right now, I think they're doing an update so could be hit or miss. If not I would, one thing the parking has been cut back due to building expansion, the other is food, a mans gotta eat. I' recommend El Rey if you like mexican, ask ole seven from TC (come to think of it I haven't saw him on here lately) they make a mean Big Nachos De Frank. If that's not your thing then the "mom and pops" joint Phillip's Drive-in has all the classics and make a mean combination pizza but got about anything you want. There are some national chain joints here but when I travel I like hittin' the local joints if I can. I would plan to be here pretty early though. With the loss of the parking I mentioned, big games get full pretty early, if you're an hour early. . . you're definitely walking a little bit.

Bucs D will be best you've seen trust me, fri was the worst the d had played all year they will be ready come fri!

Well crow there goes my 14pt oneida win,if Boyds D is better,then the Indians wont score if you dont score you cant win!(sarcasm)...crow,Butche left you an answer on the GB board. Edited by orngnblk

Bucs D will be best you've seen trust me, fri was the worst the d had played all year they will be ready come fri!

I'm not gonna say they will or won't be the best we've faced so far. They very well could be, if they are then they're in some pretty good company. My only statement is this will be a very good D they line up with as well. Gonna be some hittin' goin' on, might have to wear ear plugs.

Apples and Oranges. These two are closer than Reaction or Buc 55 are willing to admit. Bucs have given up 128 points this year, Oneida gave up 96. Their Strength + Success Rating is Boyd at 1.380 and Oneida at 1.376. They have both got a few cupcakes on the schedule and they both played some good solid football teams. Oneida lost to Greenback and Boyd to Maplewood. Those opponents can not be compared relatively as they are in two different divisions and they have no common opponents. Boyd would be favored but I doubt the betting line would be anywhere outside of 3 points. (if that) Oneida's key wins would be Williamsburg and Coalfield while Boyd's would be South Pitt. This game is looking more and more like a who wants it the most type game. I'll be here all week, Gringos!

thumb[1].gif Kazamatootee thumb[1].gif

Apples and Oranges. These two are closer than Reaction or Buc 55 are willing to admit. Bucs have given up 128 points this year, Oneida gave up 96. Their Strength + Success Rating is Boyd at 1.380 and Oneida at 1.376. They have both got a few cupcakes on the schedule and they both played some good solid football teams. Oneida lost to Greenback and Boyd to Maplewood. Those opponents can not be compared relatively as they are in two different divisions and they have no common opponents. Boyd would be favored but I doubt the betting line would be anywhere outside of 3 points. (if that) Oneida's key wins would be Williamsburg and Coalfield while Boyd's would be South Pitt. This game is looking more and more like a who wants it the most type game. I'll be here all week, Gringos!

thumb[1].gif Kazamatootee thumb[1].gif

Kaz you make it look so easy!haha

Greenback will destroy Copper Basin this week. I hope Reaction and Buc55 aren't thinking that was a quality win for them? Maplewood is 7-4 and I don't think they are serious contenders for their division championship. Greenback is a serious contender for theirs. Like I said though, I don't think the loss to either of those schools can be taken as anymore than good football teams playing well on that particular night.

Oneida, without any question, has improved tremendously through the course of the season. As Crow said....they are a different team than the one in week zero. They are getting the balance in their offense they needed and their Defense has only given up two big scoring plays all year. Coach Lambert is doing an excellent job coaching these young men.

Boyd is a outstanding football team as well, if they weren't they wouldn't be playing again Friday Night. As I said earlier, we give them all the respect in the world, but I believe we will not back down from the challenge. Our kids should be able to sustain a great effort for four quarters Friday. Reaction we don't come to the game thinking a little effort will get the job done. They went to Hampton last year a huge underdog (some of our own fans gave us little chance as you could tell by the turnout) and they strapped'em up to get the win. Our Free Safety knocked two kids silly in that game and he still relishes the hitting prospect. On we go!

thumb[1].gif Kazzer Khan thumb[1].gif

Thank Commander, must be boring over on your thread. Your correct, but Oneida has a JV defense too?!?! If you look at their scores you might catch more than a few instances where the only scores in those games were given up by the JV too.blush.png So your comment holds water with some holes in the bucket. My post implies they are very close in a lot of regards. What is your implication?

Kazbored.gif