blitzinbuc

Here it is by the numbers through 10 games:

McMinn

Averages 32 ppg on offense

Averages 15 ppg on defense

Riverdale

Averages 39 ppg on offense

Averages 14 ppg on defense

There are no common opponents but Riverdale beat Blackman 20-16 in week #8 and Bradley who McMinn beat twice played Blackman and Bradley beat Blackman 23-21 in week #5.

McMinn 26

Riverdale 21

GO TRIBE!!!

Check that, Blackman beat Riverdale in week 8. As for the Bradley Central game is was the season low point for Blackman. We controlled 3/4 of the game. Gave up two scores in the third qtr. Cut the score to two and turned it over several times deep into Bradley territory. And missed a 42 yd field goal as time expired. As for Riverdale they are the smallest Riverdale team I have ever seen and with the injuries they have are very one dementional. Fullback, Fullback, Fullback and a jet sweep.popcorneater.gif

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Check that, Blackman beat Riverdale in week 8. As for the Bradley Central game is was the season low point for Blackman. We controlled 3/4 of the game. Gave up two scores in the third qtr. Cut the score to two and turned it over several times deep into Bradley territory. And missed a 42 yd field goal as time expired. As for Riverdale they are the smallest Riverdale team I have ever seen and with the injuries they have are very one dementional. Fullback, Fullback, Fullback and a jet sweep.popcorneater.gif

That sounds like our Farragut game. We dominated the game and have it inside the 10 twice and come away with ZERO points or McMinn would be 11-0. But if and and buts were candy and nuts we would all have a merry Christmas.

My opinion the team that will give McMinn the biggest problem is one that is well balanced and does a good job of play action pass. Our secondary has shown it is vulnerable to the pass. I still like our chances againist whomever we play because of our twin back set that can flat out get the job done.....they keep coming at you and then they pop that big one! And both of our lines have been the backbone of this team......

Edited by TribeFan

There are no common opponents but Blackman beat Riverdale 20-16 in week #8 and Bradley who McMinn beat twice played Blackman and Bradley beat Blackman 23-21 in week #5.

McMinn 26

Riverdale 21

GO TRIBE!!!

Comparing common opponents is bad enough. But you're comparing common opponent's opponent.

If you want to talk about cheap shots, lets talk about the Bradley player that had McMinn's #54's face smashed down into the ground and was grinding it into the ground. Or how the Bradley coach came out and pulled him off the field and he was fighting the coach. How one Bradley player held up one of the McMinn tackles, while another one cheap shotted his knees, trying to take him out. There were so many calls that did not get made. What scares me is the fact that these refs in the last two games are waiting to long to blow the whistle. Someone is going to get hurt!

Well, I can say we have played both Bradley and McMinn Co. in the past two years in tough playoff matches. In the two, Bradley Co. played a clean, hard nosed football game and McMinn Co. was the ugliest game I have ever seen. Good luck Riverdale....keep your cool.

Anxious to see the strategy of Coach Cagle in this game. In our playoff game against Bradley, our QB stunned the Bears by running the ball a lot more than he did the week before against them. Excellent scheme by our offensive coaches and one that by the time Bradley adjusted to, they were trailing by 3 td's.

BTW, hats off to our soph. QB who has developed into a leader on the field. I'm good friends with his Dad, but still had my doubts that the young man could develop that fast and that well. He's been a pleasant surprise to watch, and I'm looking forward to watching him continue to improve even more the next two years.

No comments on styles and attitudes of play - it is football, after all. (Well, one comment: to paraphrase many a former player doing TV football commentary, you don't want to know what all can go in under a pile on a football field.) More to the present subject, a key to continuing to play this time of year is showing up ready to play. If the Cherokees come ready to play from from the opening whistle like they did in McMinn-Bradley the Sequel, I like their chances. Represent well, 'Kees.

Riverdale Fans:

Exit 49 on I-75 Athens / Decatur is the main Athens exit and it has Applebees, Ruby Tuesday, Crackel Barrel and several fast food joints. Across from the high school is a local restaurant called Gondolier (Itilian / American). Safe travel....

Edited by TribeFan