Round 2: Riverdale @ McMinn County

blitzinbuc

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SS it's not just you, Remember our last trip to McMinn Co.? Cheap shot after cheap shot all the way to the last play. I hope the Riverdale coaches prepare their players for this and come out on top. Nothing but props for Riverdale.

If you want to talk about cheap shots, lets talk about the Bradley player that had McMinn's #54's face smashed down into the ground and was grinding it into the ground. Or how the Bradley coach came out and pulled him off the field and he was fighting the coach. How one Bradley player held up one of the McMinn tackles, while another one cheap shotted his knees, trying to take him out. There were so many calls that did not get made. What scares me is the fact that these refs in the last two games are waiting to long to blow the whistle. Someone is going to get hurt!

A little mixed up huh? McMinn Central got beat by Alcoa on Friday night. THis is about McMINN COUNTY and Riverdale.

I see Riverdale winning this one. They may be depleted by injury but I'm afraid they're too battle-tested playing in 7-AAA. And they just beat a district champion 31-0 on the road. McMinn's schedule is not nearly as difficult week to week. Coach Cagle is an excellent coach and McMinn has some good skill players and the DL is a strength. But I don't think it's enough to beat the Warriors. The difference will be the QB and 3-yr starter Woodruff. He's a tough competitor and hungry this time around after getting hurt in the OR game last year

If you want to talk about cheap shots, lets talk about the Bradley player that had McMinn's #54's face smashed down into the ground and was grinding it into the ground. Or how the Bradley coach came out and pulled him off the field and he was fighting the coach. How one Bradley player held up one of the McMinn tackles, while another one cheap shotted his knees, trying to take him out. There were so many calls that did not get made. What scares me is the fact that these refs in the last two games are waiting to long to blow the whistle. Someone is going to get hurt!

Let's see you forgot to mention that McMinn's player was jerking away and pushing Coach Cagle away too. Three player's lost their cool and went after each other. All got benched for it. And actually one Bradley player (Austin Sanders #52; Tennessee recruit; whom you will be cheering for the next 4 or 5 years on the hill roflol.gif ) actually showed a lot of fire for one of the very few times this year.

Bad thing is that (from what I heard) all were ejected not just pulled by the coaches. Doesn't matter for Bradley's since they are done for the season and both kids were seniors. McMinn, it does matter.

I am sure I can point out just as many McMinn shots as you can point out for Bradley. Par for a Bradley - McMinn matchup. Seen it happening for over 40 years; heard about instances from the 20 years before that; sure we'll see the same for the next however long we are around to watch the games.

Riverdale is always good, even when they have off years. Coming from what may the the absolute toughest district in Tennessee at this point in time. McMinn had better be ready to play.

Riverdale has to find a way to slow down a couple of really good backs for their part. As well as block a really good DL.

There kept something about McMinn - Riverdale in here.

popcorneater.gif

So with RD so injured what is there strength? Sounds like QB is pretty good.

Unfortunately the QB is one of the walking wounded. He played last week but was not very effective. When healthy he's one of the best dual threat QBs around.

Pretty much every unit, OL, DL, DBs, RBs, has had to be retooled after losing at least one player for the year. I think we may still have all the LBs so that may be the strength right now.

Here it is by the numbers through 10 games:

McMinn

Averages 32 ppg on offense

Averages 15 ppg on defense

Riverdale

Averages 39 ppg on offense

Averages 14 ppg on defense

There are no common opponents but Blackman beat Riverdale 20-16 in week #8 and Bradley who McMinn beat twice played Blackman and Bradley beat Blackman 23-21 in week #5.

McMinn 26

Riverdale 21

GO TRIBE!!!

Edited by TribeFan