Faking a punt up 35 with 4 minutes left in the game!

automatic

If i was on that field in high school he would have been limping i promise if i would had to hit him out of bounds

Would that be showing class? You talk about somebody being classless and then say you would do something like this......sounds classless.

As far as the fake punt call. My opinion is this: if they scored again after the fake punt, then that is a little classless. If they did it to run out the clock, then it doesn't really matter much.

FBD, I know you like to show the best that CAKe has to offer, but this is the second year in a row that either #25 or CRB has called a fake punt being up by 35 points.

Let's step into the time machine....

http://www.coacht.com/boards/index.php/topic/218329-polk-cak/page__st__90

I would put this on the coach., not the kid.

FBD, I know you like to show the best that CAKe has to offer, but this is the second year in a row that either #25 or CRB has called a fake punt being up by 35 points.

http://www.coacht.co...ak/page__st__90

YES SIR !!!!!!!

Polk Co.pride maybe you should check this out.

The CAK coaching staff did not call a fake punt. I was close enough to the sidelines to hear an angry CRB after the play. The punter decided to run on his own. My point was to show if the player being called out was truly classless he would have scored and you and I both know that. For what ever reason he chose to run, get the first and get the first down.

I didn't go back and read the Polk v CAK thread but I believe this may be word for word the same reasoning as last season.

Hey, I respect CAK and have seen the things they do off the field to promote the faith.....

BUT, there are teachings in the Bible that reference how you are percieved by others ande how your actions affect others.

I agree with Chief15,,, (whew!) If you pray for sportsmanship before the game, you need to show it on the field. And regardless of it's seemingly insignificance, theis is two years in a row that your sportsmanship has been questioned due to this insignificant play.

You can defend this all you want, but if it is viewed as bad sportsmanship then maybe the Coach should learn to adjust. How hard is it to say "hey we're up by 35 , Punt no matter what the opponent does". This "it's automatic" excuse is really lame.

http://www.coacht.co...ak/page__st__90

Certainly surprised & disappointed by your reply APB but I stick with what I "see" and what I "know". Fact: the coach did not call this at all, last year or this year. That comes straight from the coach and the player directly to me, not a third party. One team decides they are not going to play the punt straight up and chose to drop defenders to get a jump on setting up the return. The punter, rugby style, see's absolutely no one between him and the chains, and he runs past the down marker and steps out of bounds. CAK then proceeds to use the JV to run up the gut and kill the clock and end the game. This all is merely an opportunity for people to spin a situation into something its not. There have been times in CAK football history that I have been critical of the actions of a player or two that got just a little too competitive during the game, but this is not one of them.

FBD, sorry if you do not share my view, not the first time we have disagreed.

But if it happens once, it is an isolated incident. If it happens again under the exact same circumstances, it is called a pattern.

I think you just have a hard time with saying, "hey someone in our camp had a lapse in judgement..maybe."

Geez, our coaches and players had about 25 lapses last night. It's not that hard to do.

Evidently some people do view it as unsportsman like.

If you are that good, you should be able to just line up and grind out the first down and then kill the clock.

Moving on.

Couldn't have said it better...there is NOTHING classless about CAK or the fans....by the way great job on the win ...I was hoping to see yall next week but maybe next year

Thanks. Yeah I was thinking I was going to get to see Polk's home town and soak up some of the great tradition and atmosphere. Sounds like Kingston came in and played a solid game. I'm sure Polk and CAK will see each other again, but we have some rebuilding to do over the next few years.

Fine. You guys are correct. CAK who had its jv offense on the field before and after the punt issue, called a fake punt to run up the score with its jv team. Makes perfect sense.

Let's get to the real issue here, if it had been public school xyz would you have started this thread?