Faking a punt up 35 with 4 minutes left in the game!

automatic

Absolutely automatic. Chief, here's your answer. What football game is played in a church? Is that a classless play? Probably. But that doesn't have a thing to do with their faith.

I don't normally agree with you king but you speak the truth here. Nothing to do with football and church. That play doesn't make any of them less a Christian than me or you

icon_lol.gif Nice, and you are right, he doesn't spend any time at all practicing at CAK cool.png But I have all this time because of my cushy doctor job, but I will have a little less time this week because of the surgical procedure required to remove Chief15's boot from my bottom half. Really, I'm just trying to get my post count up and keep it higher than GVK's before I retire this year.

I see! Well, Dr. FBD, you better eat your Wheaties if you're going to best my post count. Ever since us doctors and lawyers started chest bumping a couple of years ago at the Loudon game, I pretty much spend all my time posting on CoachT. When I'm not in court that is.

Edited by Govolsknox

Not having seen the game, did CAK score further points as a result of the fake punt?

That's a negative. Before the fake punt, the jv was running the clock out with a very vanilla offense. Then after the fake punt (J. Smith only entered the field because he is CAK's punter) the jv went back on the field and started right back on running the clock out with a very vanilla offense. No points were scored, nor was the play calling aggressive.

The best option may be for the coaches to tell their best players that if they are ahead late in the game, just stop trying to play well. The jv could also take 3 knees and then punt, or maybe even throw an intentional pick.

Edited by Govolsknox

So chief is pissed about a fake punt, that's only impact on the game was to prevent Loudon from getting a few more offensive plays? Shame on him. I hope Loudon gives all their kids participation awards cause it sounds like that's the attitude down there. Do your best and then hope the other team takes it easy on you.

So chief is pissed about a fake punt, that's only impact on the game was to prevent Loudon from getting a few more offensive plays?

Correct in that the only impact this fake punt had is that CAK was able to continue to run out the clock. They were running clock before the fake punt. They ran clock after the fake punt. But this is classless. Shame on them for not giving the opponent an opportunity to score against the jv.