Faking a punt up 35 with 4 minutes left in the game!

automatic

Oh shoot let it go!! It is very simple. CAK is a good team who had more talent. CAK was not classless unless you want to count #25 and his teammates taunting the Loudon crowd at the end of the 1st half. As far as all that goes it just kids being kids. They be a little uppity (I don't think that's really a word) and spoiled but that's OK too. I notice Football Dad probably spends more time posting on CoachT that his son does practicing football at CAK. CAK is a good team that has come a long way in a short time. (Of course there is a reason for that) I'm sure their fans will say it is all hard work and just a great program and that's fine also. You know King David took a rock and killed Goliath, CAK just uses a private school status to do it. Anyway no disrespect and congrats to the CAK family, however, I will have to say: GO ALCOA I really doubt that #25 and the boy's will be taunting anybody, because TOC only has so many cast for the CAK team. I hope it is a very physical game.

My opinion at the game was this:

I wanted a 35 point margin so the mercy rule clock would run. I wanted CAK, who clearly was going to win, to get out of the game healthy and ready for round 2 as quickly as possible. Everyone knows that CAK's starting defense is not a shut down defense. Well you can pretty well guess our jv defense is not a shut down defense either.

So, I did NOT want CAK to score any more points. But I also didn't want to give the ball back via punt and have Loudon score either. Sorry, I am just not excited by the opponent getting a cheap touch down or two at the end of the game and stopping the running clock.

I would not have called a fake punt, but I was glad CAK's offense maintained possession, and glad our jv got a chance to get a little more game experience against a good team. Fact is that Josh Smith likely could have scored, but he JOGGED out of bounds. Also fact is that the jv offense was not throwing the ball down field trying to score. It was clear that CRB was running the clock out with his play calling.

So if some of the Loudon fans think the "nice" thing to do would be to give them the ball back so they could score, sorry I don't agree. This is competitive football. If CAK had wanted to keep scoring, they could have and the Loudon fans either know that or should know that.

I didn't go back and read the Polk v CAK thread but I believe this may be word for word the same reasoning as last season.

Hey, I respect CAK and have seen the things they do off the field to promote the faith.....

BUT, there are teachings in the Bible that

reference how you are percieved by others ande how your actions affect others.

I agree with Chief15,,, (whew!) If you pray for sportsmanship before the game, you need to show it on the field. And regardless of it's

seemingly insignificance, theis is two years in a row that your sportsmanship has been questioned due to this insignificant play.

You can defend this all you want, but if it is viewed as bad sportsmanship then maybe the

Coach should learn to adjust. How hard is it to say "hey we're up by 35 , Punt no matter what the opponent does". This "it's automatic" excuse is really lame.

Charlie Murphy! :). Troll on, troll on!!!

I notice Football Dad probably spends more time posting on CoachT that his son does practicing football at CAK.

icon_lol.gif Nice, and you are right, he doesn't spend any time at all practicing at CAK cool.png But I have all this time because of my cushy doctor job, but I will have a little less time this week because of the surgical procedure required to remove Chief15's boot from my bottom half. Really, I'm just trying to get my post count up and keep it higher than GVK's before I retire this year.

Im a Smith co native so i like seeing Rankin do real good since he from here and took us as far as we have ever been. But im super impressed with what CAK is doin down there and glad to see Alcoa has some real competition now in the East. Great Job CAK and Good Luck. Love a good Christian school is doin so good. Keep God first and Glorify him with everything u do and u will always be successful. Congrats from middle Tn.

This is exactly what's wrong with our society now. Everybody should get a trophy just like little league. If I were a young man on this Loudon team I'd be embarrassed by the thread. I'm not a Loudon fan nor a CAK fan especially I'm a football fan. I know we don't have a dog in this fight but I believe the punter prob just did what he's always been coached to do. I really hate the fact that a grown man would get on the net and bad mouth a kid. And on a final note I wish we'd been there to get a fake punt ran on us. It would've been better than being at home. Go Tigers

I apologize for injecting into this blog as I am not associated with either program. Earlier posts indicated playing back in the day required a certain type of behavior. i.e. you when like a champion. When players broke the unwritten rules there was retribution it may not occur in the game but teams down the line would know what happened so payback would occur. So CAK when payback occurs we should not read any whining on coacht.

I'm not questioning CAK's integrity, I'm just saying in this situation, the significance of the perception may outwiegh the insignificance of extending the drive when the game is decided!

I am a CAK fan, the program's assistance several months ago when some severe weather caused a lot of damage in Polk Co makes them top notch in my book.

Good post Tigers94. I would prob have punted however its football and a competitive game. Stop the other team or get what u get. Plain and simple. Last night in our game in Smith Co. Opposing coach called the most ignorent call i have seen. 4th and 1 on his own 14 WHILE HES UP 17 early . And they go for it, now i think thats stupid.that deserved a punt. However they got it and im not upset they went for it just didnt think it was smart football. If they dont get it. Could change the entire game. If they were down i could see goin for it but up 17 early nope DUMB CALL

Hey FBD, hope all is well with you. Just curious, was Smith just in at this point as part of the punt team? Starters were not in, we're they? If they were, I would not consider that classlessness, just foolish. Hopefully, younger guys were getting some experience and protecting the starters from unnecessary injuries.

icon_lol.gif Nice, and you are right, he doesn't spend any time at all practicing at CAK cool.png But I have all this time because of my cushy doctor job, but I will have a little less time this week because of the surgical procedure required to remove Chief15's boot from my bottom half. Really, I'm just trying to get my post count up and keep it higher than GVK's before I retire this year.

. Oh I wouldn't pay too much attention to Chief 15 and I hope you don't retire. I've read a lot of your post over the years and you have alway conducted yourself like a gentleman. Shoot. if your a Doctor I may be giving all my money to you in the years to come. (Ageing everyday a little faster). I think everyone needs to realize, as I do the older I get, is that it is just a game played by the greatest blessing that GOD could every give a man; OUR CHILDREN. Thank you GOD for this greatest of blessings. I ceartinly don't deserve it.