Maryville vs. Dobyns-Bennett TSSAA 6A Quarterfinals

Red Rebels

After I posted, I looked it up and I think I counted 6. I don't think a couple of those are in existence anymore and none of them seemed to be anyone that Maryville plays with any regularity. Point being, while D-B has the 2-1 advantage, I'm claiming it. Not too many teams can! ^_^

Yes , this may play a Factor in the Game , If Maryville gets down early our Boys might start remembering those games in the 40's .... wait a second , maybe the moms and dads will ... no that's wrong too , maybe the Grandparents will start having horrible Flashbacks ... wait a sec , I'm Grandparent age and I was not even a gleam in anybody's eye yet ... Got it , all the Great Grandparents will be very nervous about this game as they remember these devastating losses from when they were under 5 years old . Thanks for pointing this out for us , and Please fellow Maryville fans help me reassure any Great Grandparents at the Game Friday that everything will be ok ....you may have to Speak very Loudly though ... :mrgreen:

Yes , this may play a Factor in the Game , If Maryville gets down early our Boys might start remembering those games in the 40's .... wait a second , maybe the moms and dads will ... no that's wrong too , maybe the Grandparents will start having horrible Flashbacks ... wait a sec , I'm Grandparent age and I was not even a gleam in anybody's eye yet ... Got it , all the Great Grandparents will be very nervous about this game as they remember these devastating losses from when they were under 5 years old . Thanks for pointing this out for us , and Please fellow Maryville fans help me reassure any Great Grandparents at the Game Friday that everything will be ok ....you may have to Speak very Loudly though ... :mrgreen:

:roflol:

Bill-i wz referring to your statement about them playing to their abilities-who you watching fri? stay warm

That's because I think D-B can be very, very good if they play their best... even good enough to beat Maryville. We all know that these are HS kids though and they rarely play their best for an entire game. I'd say if these two teams played on a neutral field 10 times, D-B wins 3 or 4.

Friday I will be watching a second round PIAA game between two District 4 AA teams you've likely never heard of. We will try to stay warm, you do the same and enjoy the game. Hopefully the Indians come to play.

Historical records are practically never a factor in any game. It is what it is. Scoreboard! :mrgreen:

You know, truth be told. It doesn't matter one bit that these two teams played 60 years ago or last night, who won or who lost. Friday night is all on its on. I understand we all like to talk it up but sometimes I think some people start to believe in what their saying. People predicting scores is the funniest though. When somebody get's close they always toot their horn as if they knew what they were talking about. The next week their 30 points off and you don't here a squeek from them. It's all a guessing game.