Maryville vs. Dobyns-Bennett TSSAA 6A Quarterfinals

Red Rebels

You know, truth be told. It doesn't matter one bit that these two teams played 60 years ago or last night, who won or who lost. Friday night is all on its on. I understand we all like to talk it up but sometimes I think some people start to believe in what their saying. People predicting scores is the funniest though. When somebody get's close they always toot their horn as if they knew what they were talking about. The next week their 30 points off and you don't here a squeek from them. It's all a guessing game.

Ya , that was the point I was making , I never predict our scores , pretty silly if you think about it , all it could serve to do is fire the other team up ... why would anyone want to do that ?

You know, truth be told. It doesn't matter one bit that these two teams played 60 years ago or last night, who won or who lost. Friday night is all on its on. I understand we all like to talk it up but sometimes I think some people start to believe in what their saying. People predicting scores is the funniest though. When somebody get's close they always toot their horn as if they knew what they were talking about. The next week their 30 points off and you don't here a squeek from them. It's all a guessing game.

Case in point, Bladerunner.

OK....A fue thangs hear....Eye'm shore D-B and Mairvul haid a lott ov boyz all ovur tha globe inn 45-46......

Rebullwoemun.....Seeveer Cowntee used two bee jist called Seeveervul Hi.....Befour thay bilt a knew skoll thair.......

Eye'm like pepvol...Eye like tradishuns (war chaints, big ole bands etc)....

Whur att Mairvul we haiv cupbawl fer tha kiddies, Judd talkin' rilly prop-purr, Rebullron checkin' inn at haiftime, and sum lowld mouthed fanz arownd tha 30 yardline......(Pluss mommaSTARS eatin' hur customairee "Blue Gill Pie" on Fridee).....and lissunin' two rilly good musick two farr us upp!!!!!......

Ya , that was the point I was making , I never predict our scores , pretty silly if you think about it , all it could serve to do is fire the other team up ... why would anyone want to do that ?

Coaches really shouldn't have to fire up their players but my favorite story goes like this.It was one of DB's most loved coaches of all time trying his best to make the boys mad.He said the local county team thought DB was a bunch of city slickers and what would they say when the other team came up to the line and ask what color panties they had on.Without thought,one of DB's players raised his hand and the coach being surprised ask him what.The kid said,I'd ask what color your mom was wearing last .All the coach could say while trying not to laugh was,that's a good one