Trezevant @ Covington - round 3

CHARGERFAN

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'Trojan'

This could be the 4A State Championship game. Not taking anything away from Giles or anyone else but both of these teams are GOOD. Maybe Trezevant has learned from the past because I was very impressed by the disipline and sportsmanship when I saw them play. Covington better be ready. This will be by far the best defense they have seen.

Ive stated all year Trezevant is a very much under-rated team..I agree Trezevant has the best D-line ,backers Covington has seen thusfar and have serious speed all over..

.. they seem to have overcome the discipline problems in the past however one never knows how they may react if losing especially by 2 or more scores./.I personally believe they had 2 - 3 bad apples in 2010 who are gone now ....cant say much on fan rebuttal as they most likely wont have over 50 counting band..

.wouldnt take coach whites comment about wing-t teams seriously either Also that he should have been fired after teams on-field actions.during 2010 season...making the trip for this one....IMO winner gets Liberty Tech

Go Chargers !!!

If you can run slant patterns and tight end hitches with your passing game you

should be fine. They have one very young/small CB who has a tough time with faster/quick WR. They were much improved in the sportsmanship area this year, hopefully y'all have a good clean game without any injuries.

I think this will be an interesting game. I see the winner of this game winning representing the West half of the bracket. A wing-t offense is hard to stop specially if it has a good passing component. Covington wasn't able to get a a good balance in their offense last year so they were stopped in the semi-finals by Maplewood. It's my understanding that the Chargers have more of a passing game this year. That may give them the edge they need against a good defense team like Trezevant. Not sure how disciplined Trezevant is, defensive assignment -wise, but they will need it to stop the Chargers. I wouldn't mind seeing the Chargers in Cookeville. But wouldn't be surprised to see the Bears there instead.

Yes Covington has a much improved passing game. This is probably the most balanced offense Covington has ever had. Now, they won't throw it all the time,(they are still a heavy run first team) but they definitely can throw it alot. They have one great receiver and a couple of good receivers. Add that to the running game that they have and you have a very potent offense. This will be a very good game, but I think this one will come down to covingtons defense being able to stop trezevant a few times early and maybe get a couple of TDs ahead. I'm not sure trezevant can come back from a 12-14 point deficit, covingtons offense is just too good to try and have to hold them to make up points.