Trezevant @ Covington - round 3

CHARGERFAN

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've talked to a couple of covington coaches about game film and they say trezevant line is huge and the backs are fast. So if covington contains the outside and plays their regular offensive game it will be another covington victorty. But they really stressed that they can't let the trezevant backfield get out in the open very often or it could be a long game. Go chargers! The whole town and county are pulling for ya!

like i said earlier , i have been a charger supporter all year. i have heard the dyersburg football people say that wheeler does it alone , his staff is not that good.

then i wonder , why would i listen to them , because i have given my opinion about the dyersburg staff , i dont think they do a good job either.

i believe they are happy going 9-1 and making the playoffs. that wasn't the mindset when coach counce and staff was here. they played hard and coached hard all year long.

i bet all dyersburg supporters believe that.

haven't heard from son of mandingo lately , what do you think?

Here's what the Commercial Appeal says about the game:

Trezevant (10-2) at Covington (12-0)

Storylines: Trezevant has played extremely well all year and put together one of its better efforts in last week's 36-6 victory over a good Mitchell team. The Bears limited the Tigers to just 202 yards of total offense. LaMarcus Steward caught three touchdown passes from Jordan Spencer and added a fourth score on an interception return. Trezevant will need all hands on deck against Covington running back Johnston White, who has run for 2,352 yards and 38 touchdowns. He's scored 11 in two postseason games.

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2012/nov/15/john-varlas-prep-football-playoff-preview/

More on Johnston White:

With the stats from above, Johnston now has exactly 4500 yards rushing in his career. Lareko Boykin is the career rushing leader for the Chargers with 4502. If my math is correct, Johnston needs 3 rushing yards tonight to become the career rushing leader for the Chargers.

Johnston White has scored 59 TD's in his career, second behind Darron White's 83, and well ahead of Boykin's 49.

'purpleandgoldfan'

I've talked to a couple of covington coaches about game film and they say trezevant line is huge and the backs are fast. So if covington contains the outside and plays their regular offensive game it will be another covington victorty. But they really stressed that they can't let the trezevant backfield get out in the open very often or it could be a long game. Go chargers! The whole town and county are pulling for ya!

I stated the same opioion to the Charger fans right after the Dtyersburg game with the Bears ....Im pulling for the Chargers but it wont be Easy ..not it all ..