CPA @ Cheatham..........Lions & Bears OH MY!

howdoitknow

Well it was really tough to sleep after that heartbreak. From my perspective I believe we were out coached too. Regardless I'm most proud of our Cubs. Even though things were not going their way they continued to fight right up to the end. I love all of them with all my heart and they are still champions to me. These young men have had a monumental season, just can't express that enough. They have played hard and won and now played hard and lost a tough game. Their demeanor post game for me was really hard to take. They have done things that no others in our area have done before and with time they will relize how special those things are.

I don't think the Lions need any good luck wishes, they are a well oiled machine !!! It's very hard to root for the team that has just beaten your pride and joy.

About to wail up here guys. Continue your run CPA !! Bring the 3A Championship home to Middle Tennessee !!

To our boys, keep your heads held high and be proud of what you have accomplished. We love you all deeply and are so proud of you all !!!!!!!!GO CUBS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by CubsDad87

Well it was really tough to sleep after that heartbreak. From my perspective I believe we were out coached too. Regardless I'm most proud of our Cubs. Even though things were not going their way they continued to fight right up to the end. I love all of them with all my heart and they are still champions to me. These young men have had a monumental season, just can't express that enough. They have played hard and won and now played hard and lost a tough game. Their demeanor post game for me was really hard to take. They have done things that no others in our area have done before and with time they will relize how special those things are.

I don't think the Lions need any good luck wishes, they are a well oiled machine !!! It's very hard to root for the team that has just beaten your pride and joy.

About to wail up here guys. Continue your run CPA !! Bring the 3A Championship home to Middle Tennessee !!

To our boys, keep your heads held high and be proud of what you have accomplished. We love you all deeply and are so proud of you all !!!!!!!!GO CUBS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

im assuming your #87's dad? if so youve got a lot to be proud of. that young man is a beast! Glad he will be representing the west in the west/east game. Is he getting any offers? He should be! Congrats to yall on a great season! Loved to see that the spirits were still high at the end of the game when CC did their chant in the huddle. showed great character to keep their heads up and play clean to the last second and not pull any desperation shots like some do. Those boys have alot to be proud of and will do just fine in life!

Well, I've met and chatted with a lot of great folk from CC this year. Since the week 0 game with my Jackets, I've followed these Cubs. What an unbelievable season for those young men! The dads and fans of CC are second to none. I've read every week on the CC game threads, and never a disrespectful or distasteful comment all year, to anyone! I've become a CC fan! I say we all meet over at CPA next week and watch a neutral game where we can just chill with no nerves or intensity. Our buddies in Purple are coming to town. That kid Arkel Coleman is something to see. Lots of good poster friends on the Milan boards, too. Don't know if Milan can hang with CPA this year? Anyway, great season Cubs! History for your school! Hope lots of those young men play on Saturdays!

Great game CPA!!! You guys were the better team... I told you guys last week there wouldn't be any excuses from me.. We lost to a very good team.. I don't know if I would completely agree with the line getting dominated everywhere as I would say the line could not get to the second level.. That's what I said all week, if we could get down field we would win.. I was watching line entire game. When our guys would base block they could turn CPA linemen but as soon as they did all the linebackers would be there... That's who I think should get the credit, CPA middle linebacker is a bad guy... Anyways just my thought... Good luck to CPA very good team...

Ill start by saying thank you Cheatham Football! You have given me 13 weeks of excitement, joy, chances to spend time with former teammates, and something to look forward to on Friday nights! It has been a privilege to share in your Amazing run. Words won't make the pain of a tuff loss any easier, but please know you have made your entire community proud! We have much love and respect for all your accomplishments this yr. thank you for your dedication and hard work!!!!!!

Thoughts about the game- honestly hats off to CPA that is one heck of a football team! You guys get after it and stay after it! Ya'll are a well coached football team that is disciplined, and full of great athletes. It's hard to lose but when it's to a good football team there's not much you can really hang your head about. TOP Class program, players, coaches, and patents alike! :)

Good luck to the CPA Lions!!! You'll have my support the rest of the way!

2012 Cubs- y'all boys did y'all's thing this yr!!!!! Set the bar high!!!!!!

#CUBNAT1ON

Great season by the Cubs. Those seniors have put in a lot of hard work to come this far. People don't realize how hard it is to win a state championship and how far away you may be when it seems that you are so close. The state championship in 3A is probably going to be CPA vs. CAK and rightfully so because barring Milanupsetting CPA this Friday. those are the outright best 2 teams from each side (not including Alcoa who is on level with anyone around). You know I get on here and read the boards and get a kick out of what some of these people think from time to time and while some things (which are few and far between) make no sense, some statements are actually well thought out and are people quoting things with a football knowledge base. I got on here this morning and saw where CubsDad87 posted that "Cheatham was outcoached" you know that might be the case but the problem when you run into a team like CPA and you are affiliated with a smaller public school team like Cheatham isn't scheme or gameplan, its the players. While maybe the top five players (1-5) on Cheathams team may be comperable to what CPA has, it's player 6-20 that make a huge difference. Those guys last night did not have one guy on either side of the ball that was someone you could expose or pick on. Good luck to CPA the rest of the way and again congrats on the awesome season that the 2012 Cubs put together.

Great game CPA!!! You guys were the better team... I told you guys last week there wouldn't be any excuses from me.. We lost to a very good team.. I don't know if I would completely agree with the line getting dominated everywhere as I would say the line could not get to the second level.. That's what I said all week, if we could get down field we would win.. I was watching line entire game. When our guys would base block they could turn CPA linemen but as soon as they did all the linebackers would be there... That's who I think should get the credit, CPA middle linebacker is a bad guy... Anyways just my thought... Good luck to CPA very good team...

I agree BigDaddy. I don't think CPA dominated the line. However, they did their job. Their defensive scheme (3/4) is designed for the linebackers to make most of the tackles. The middle linebacker I think you are referring to is #6 Sam Landers.

Hey. I looked for you on the visitor fence line last night but all I found was the Montgomery Central coaches. Sorry I missed you.

Cheap scores come from giving a pass happy team a short field also. I'm not suggesting they change anything this season this late into it. It is just a bit of affirmation for what the previous poster said.

thats what happened to westmoreland also they have a kicker that can kick but had him squibb every kick so they started on the 40 or 45 ever time