Jalen vs Jalen

Vol74

If he wants to play runningback, and admittedly I don't know, and if he says to a certain school. Hey I want to play runningback or I am going somewhere where I can, then don't they give him that shot? I know sometimes the kid chooses different schools because of the position he will play rather than what he is recruited for. Personally I do not know. I just know that if he is that high in the rankings on offense and doesn't play that much on defense then trying to get him to play on the other side of the ball is a little crazy. Then again I remember Dan Kendra coming out as the top rated QB and ended up playing TE at Florida State. Hurd looks like a tweener to me, a cross between a receiver and runningback. But I am no expert.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spent years doing this, many associates I know at some of these schools have said yeah, he may want to go in a RB but will be either WR or quote with that frame and speed time he completes high school and then red shirts he could put on plenty of muscle and bulk to go TE, DE or S

Look at top 25 backs how many over 6'1 for class of 2014 or even 2013???

His height at RB hurts him-

You forget if he plays SEC 6'3 RB those LB DE are heavier and almost just as fast and 6'3 easy target and hard to hide behind o line

Although you have years experience and associates you talk with, I doubt they are the ones that will sign him. Most anyone can see he would make a great WR as he occasionally does so for Beech, however, he can and may very well play RB at the next level. At this time, it is harder to envision him becoming a 6'6" 265lb DE or TE. As for top 25 backs over 6'1" for the class of 2014? I at least know one.

So Alabama has TJ Yeldon (Freshmen Running Back),

Derrick Henry ((SENIOR) Yulee High School, FL) set the all-time record for most rushing yards, commit to Alabama.

And then Jalen Hurd.

Ohio State has Ezekiel Elliot he is 6"0 205.

Florida has Kevin Taylor he is 5"11 216.

Both Elliot and Taylor are seniors at high school.

Is Jalen Hurd good? no doubt about that, I am saying this, You guys are treating him like he is Lebron, Michael Jordan, and Babe Ruth.

Since Jalen is 6"3 I can see him being a 6"5/6"6 reciever in college. But the way you guys are talking he will be a running, while I just don't see that happening.

And yes if he is a running back in college, i promise you that the team that he plays for will not have the power I formation (2 fullbacks, 2 tight ends)

To say he'll grow 3 more inches means he isn't physically mature now. If that's so, I'm switching to being a soccer fan for the next 12 months.

So Alabama has TJ Yeldon (Freshmen Running Back),

Derrick Henry ((SENIOR) Yulee High School, FL) set the all-time record for most rushing yards, commit to Alabama.

And then Jalen Hurd.

Ohio State has Ezekiel Elliot he is 6"0 205.

Florida has Kevin Taylor he is 5"11 216.

Both Elliot and Taylor are seniors at high school.

Is Jalen Hurd good? no doubt about that, I am saying this, You guys are treating him like he is Lebron, Michael Jordan, and Babe Ruth.

Since Jalen is 6"3 I can see him being a 6"5/6"6 reciever in college. But the way you guys are talking he will be a running, while I just don't see that happening.

And yes if he is a running back in college, i promise you that the team that he plays for will not have the power I formation (2 fullbacks, 2 tight ends)

So...do you really still think this kid's not a running back?