Jalen vs Jalen

Vol74

You must have never seen him play! You don't think that he is going to be able to run the ball in college in 2-3 years? Florida, OSU, and Georgia all want him running the ball, and I suppose that's why they're his leaders.

Here's a little jewel off the internet. If this is 210 lbs., what do you think 235-240lbs is going to look like on him.

Hurd is plenty strong enough! And plenty tall enough! :mrgreen:

photopcj.jpg

He would look great in a Vol jersey.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The kid is benching 325, squatting 450 and power cleaning into a front squat at 225 for sets of 10. He weighed 188 lbs. during last season and is at 212 lbs. this season. He gained this weight sitting out for 4 months due to a back injury during the off season.

Heck, Yeldon is 6'2 - 216 right now! This kid is a machine, so sit back and doubt him. The top ranked programs in the nation want him running the ball. Hahaha! Don't quit your day job!

Beech homer right here. Hahaha!! Let me just say, since I live around the Memphis area. Memphis athletics getting SEC scholarships is something we are use to. If its between football and basketball, we are all use to that. Can I predict 2 to 3 years now, no. Because I don't if he will be playing running back, full back, receiver, or maybe linebacker. My thing is this. When some person thinks Jalen Hurd is the #1 Junior running back in the nation. All of ya'll think this guy is guranteed NFL, no. (ask Jamarcuss Russel).

Also I will say this, he is the best Junior running back in the southeast (except for Florida).

I think the "4.37" will help, Oh and since Vol74 is saying that he benches 325 and squatting 450.

You would also think that Junior running backs that live in California, Texas, Florida, Georgia, Ohio, benches 325 and squat 450. They may not run 4.37 but they could the other things that Jalen can do.

He just one fish in the fishbowl.

He would look great in a Vol jersey.

Agreed, and cubs like you stated, you have no idea how big/strong/fast this kid will be in 2-3 years. All I know is that he is a great talent as a ball carrier and at least a few of the schools courting him are interested in him as a RB to include at least 1 SEC school. If he wants to play RB on the next level he will get his chance and barring injury I believe he will do quite well.....

Edited by Kevin38

Agreed, and cubs like you stated, you have no idea how big/strong/fast this kid will be in 2-3 years. All I know is that he is a great talent as a ball carrier and at least a few of the schools courting him are interested in him as a RB to include at least 1 SEC school. If he wants to play RB on the next level he will get his chance and barring injury I believe he will do quite well.....

I understand, just change that you (referring to me) to WE. Because WE don't know.

Yeah, this kid is a beast w/ another 20-30 pounds of muscle packed on and maintaining his speed/agility, he will be a beast at RB in college too.....

H. Walker was 6.1 - if you look at top 20 RB for class of 2014 none of 6.1

if he hits 6.3 that is too tall for RB ( does not mean he wont ) but odds highly he wont

dont forget yes Hurd is a stud no doubt and he is getting the love from all over the nation but think about the other backs- the #1 back for 2014 out of New Orleans now that kid is something

http://www.tigersportsworld.com/showthread.php?1085-Top-10-Running-backs-for-2014

Ok, let me get this straight… Hurd will not be an effective RB in college due to his size, because he lacks the necessary strength, & because he doesn’t compare to all of the other amazing talent in the country?

I love it! The 16 year old has haters.

At the end of the day, I know he is a great football player AND running back. I know that his future looks pretty bright. I know he’ll decide what college he wants to attend and the position that he wants to play. I also know that all of his haters will be watching him on Saturdays.

Oh, and there is evidently a few people that agree with me about this (you know, those people that get paid to have an opinion). :roflol:

Take a peek!

http://247sports.com/Player/Jalen-Hurd-17697

Ok, let me get this straight… Hurd will not be an effective RB in college due to his size, because he lacks the necessary strength, & because he doesn’t compare to all of the other amazing talent in the country?

I love it! The 16 year old has haters.

At the end of the day, I know he is a great football player AND running back. I know that his future looks pretty bright. I know he’ll decide what college he wants to attend and the position that he wants to play. I also know that all of his haters will be watching him on Saturdays.

Oh, and there is evidently a few people that agree with me about this (you know, those people that get paid to have an opinion). :roflol:

Take a peek!

http://247sports.com/Player/Jalen-Hurd-17697

No One said he won't be great -

But I can tell ya first hand how many 5 or 4 star kids don't pan out...

And he won't be a RB

I won't be cheering for him when they play Gallatin but I think it is awesome that a kid from Sumner County could possibly be ranked in the top 5 at runningback in the country next year. I definitely see him as an offensive playmaker and not a defensive guy. When Nick Saban is sitting in the Beech office waiting to meet this guy it says something. ( I know somebody in the office ) Franklin spent most of the day at Beech and he has official visits planned for other top teams nationally. He is a stud no doubt.

No One said he won't be great -

But I can tell ya first hand how many 5 or 4 star kids don't pan out...

And he won't be a RB

You/We dont know that, I bet is a RB, the kid has talent running the ball (as does many other kids). Also, you are reading way too much into this height thing (yes I understand low center gravity).....

I will say for the sake of this argument, Lord Christ!!!, he will not be a RB in college, just dont understand why you are so adament about it, have you even seen the kid play?

So Alabama has TJ Yeldon (Freshmen Running Back),

Derrick Henry ((SENIOR) Yulee High School, FL) set the all-time record for most rushing yards, commit to Alabama.

And then Jalen Hurd.

Ohio State has Ezekiel Elliot he is 6"0 205.

Florida has Kevin Taylor he is 5"11 216.

Both Elliot and Taylor are seniors at high school.

Is Jalen Hurd good? no doubt about that, I am saying this, You guys are treating him like he is Lebron, Michael Jordan, and Babe Ruth.

Since Jalen is 6"3 I can see him being a 6"5/6"6 reciever in college. But the way you guys are talking he will be a running, while I just don't see that happening.

And yes if he is a running back in college, i promise you that the team that he plays for will not have the power I formation (2 fullbacks, 2 tight ends)

I don't rank'em or recruit for them, I just am telling you what is going on. Deal with it Cubs.

Spent years doing this, many associates I know at some of these schools have said yeah, he may want to go in a RB but will be either WR or quote with that frame and speed time he completes high school and then red shirts he could put on plenty of muscle and bulk to go TE, DE or S

Look at top 25 backs how many over 6'1 for class of 2014 or even 2013???

His height at RB hurts him-

You forget if he plays SEC 6'3 RB those LB DE are heavier and almost just as fast and 6'3 easy target and hard to hide behind o line