Jalen vs Jalen

Vol74

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hurd is very impressive. I have been keeping up with him since about midway through the season. What is it with the name "Jalen"? lol. The two mentioned here along with Jalen Manning who is highly recruited at Smith Co.

True. This has definitely been the year of the "Jalen".

Don't forget Jalen Ramsey. 5 star prospect from Brentwood Academy.

Beech has the mighty Mr Football nominee Jalen Hurd. Clarksville Northeast has Jalen Reeves Maybin a four star University of Tennessee commit! Both Jalen's put up big numbers all year. Which Jalen will be around after this game???

Don't know who will be around after this game, but I'd consider it an insult to Jalen Hurd if you suggest Northeast's Jalen Reeves-Maybin compares.

Facts:

1 There are 2 or 3 players in every district every year who stand out like Reeves-Maybin

2 Hurd is a once in a lifetime deal and compares to players who went on to play in the NFL

3 Reeves-Maybin has committed to Tennessee

4 Jalen Hurd would have started for and helped Tennessee this year, as a 16-17 year old

5 Committing to Tennessee carries the same weight as committing to Kentucky or Mississippi and, in this context, is not a good measure of an individual's quality of football play

6 FactsOnly wishes Jalen Maybin-Reeves the very best and hopes these comments are not taken to suggest he is in any way inadequate

Edited by FactsOnly

Don't know who will be around after this game, but I'd consider it an insult to Jalen Hurd if you suggest Northeast's Jalen Reeves-Maybin compares.

Facts:

1 There are 2 or 3 players in every district every year who stand out like Reeves-Maybin

2 Hurd is a once in a lifetime deal and compares to players who went on to play in the NFL

4 Jalen Hurd would have started for and helped Tennessee this year, as a 16-17 year old

5 Committing to Tennessee carries the same weight as committing to Kentucky or Mississippi and, in this context, is not a good measure of an individual's quality of football play

6 FactsOnly wishes Jalen Maybin-Reeves the very best and hopes these comments are not taken to suggest he is in any way inadequate

Wow. Have you seen both of them play? Those seem like pretty absolute statements.

Facts:

Wow.. One of the dumbest post I have ever seen.

So what you are telling me is there are 2-3 4 star players in every district in the state?? That's basically what u said.

Hurd would not have started at Tennessee as a high school junior. There is a huge difference between high school football and division 1 sec football.

Maybin has probably had a better playoff run then Hurd based on statistics. Back to back 300 yard rushing games for maybin says something.

Hurd has had a great season and is a legit player but maybin is just as legit. Remember maybin had big time offers as well.

I'm curious as to what factors already project Hurd to be an nfl player as a high school junior. Does Bryce brown ring a bell? He was the nations top ranked rb a few years ago who tried to go to the nfl out of high school, ended up flaming out at UT and k state and was a 7th round pick..

I'm not attacking you personally but I think maybin and Hurd compare very closely as impact players at the high school level. But this post made zero sense and didn't make you look too bright. Sorry

Edited by HighLife

Facts:

So basically....Hurd > Maybin

I would agree with that.

1. I disagree that there are 2 or 3 players who stand out like Maybin in every district, every year. Maybe one every 5 years.

2. I can agree that he's a once in a lifetime type of player.

3. Fact

4. Not a fact, but I get what you're saying, the vols suck.

5. I'm not a UT fan, but I would agree as long as Dooley is their head coach...lol

6. I hope he goes on to be as successful as the last Northeast Eagle who went to UT.