siegel vs. riverdale round two

daisyssister

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like Yogi Berra said, It's déjà vu all over again. Third straight week of déjà vu all over again. Not what I had hoped for, would have like to see how the Stars matched up with some other teams from across the state, but they earned another home game in the 2012 District 7AAA part deux tournament and that is much better than turning in the gear. The Warriors are going to be tough to deal with now that Scottie Boykin and Woodruff are back to 100% with Phillips as a wing and an efficient passing game. I would favor the Warriors with their extensive playoff experience and all their firepower.

I am wondering if there will be as many fans as for the September game (around 6000 total).

Edited by StarRaider

I am wondering if there will be as many fans as for the September game (around 6000 total).

If memory serves, what made that crowd even better was that Oakland and Blackman played the night before, and some of their fans (and coaches) came to our game. I hope a lot of fans of 7AAA will come out to watch. Last game came down to which offense 'blinked' and Siegel did that fewer times than Riverdale. I have a hunch that the defense that can make a key stop will be the difference as Siegel's offense is on par with Oregon's when it comes to scoring from anywhere on the field and Riverdale can eat up yards in big chunks. My Tide lost to Texas A&M because we turned the ball over three times and they had no turnovers. This game's outcome will probably hinge on that same statistic.