siegel vs. riverdale round two

daisyssister

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If this is the SEC matchup, I guess Maryville vs D-B is the NFC North matchup.

cool.png

Did you know? 7AAA (SEC of Tennessee football?) has had a team in the final 4 every year since 1997? Can any other district claim 3 teams making it that far and a team making it every year since 1997? With Siegel hosting Riverdale, the streak is assured of remaining intact for 2012.

2011: Riverdale

2010: Smyrna

2009: Riverdale

2008: Oakland

2007: Smyrna

2006: Smyrna

2005: Riverdale

2004: Riverdale

2003: Riverdale

2002: Riverdale

2001: Riverdale

2000: Riverdale

1999: Oakland

1998: Oakland

1997: Riverdale

cool.png

Did you know? 7AAA (SEC of Tennessee football?) has had a team in the final 4 every year since 1997? Can any other district claim 3 teams making it that far and a team making it every year since 1997? With Siegel hosting Riverdale, the streak is assured of remaining intact for 2012.

That's pretty impressive, but after those 3 it falls off drastically. With the exception of siegel this year. Do you think Siegel will be a power for years to come or is this a one time thing for them? I know it's a fairly new school.

cool.png

No, I didn't know that. Impressive. But I do know that you and I will both be cheering for something in common, and that is a loss for Oregon, K-State, or ND, in the next few weeks, as I am also a huge Tide fan.

That's pretty impressive, but after those 3 it falls off drastically. With the exception of siegel this year. Do you think Siegel will be a power for years to come or is this a one time thing for them? I know it's a fairly new school.

After those 3? How many other districts can claim 2 teams capable of making final four multiple times since 1997? Siegel is a juggernaut this year because they have a great QB, outstanding wide outs and a bruising tailback. But they also have great depth at all of those spots. With the continued growth in Rutherford County and the competition to "keep up with the Jones" with facilities and coaching staffs, look for Blackman and Siegel to join this list in the years to come and Riverdale, Oakland and Smyrna are not going to stop competing. Keep in mind Lavergne beat CAK last year and has won games outside of 7AAA lately and broke a long winless streak inside the district with a win over Oakland, who made the playoffs and were eliminated by Siegel. Siegel eliminated another 7AAA school last week (Blackman), A new high school opens this coming fall, Stewarts Creek, and it will not take it long to be competitive. A fun place to live if you are a fan of high school sports, not just football....

Edited by davidlimbaugh

After those 3? How many other districts can claim 2 teams capable of making final four multiple times since 1997? Siegel is a juggernaut this year because they have a great QB, outstanding wide outs and a bruising tailback. But they also have great depth at all of those spots. With the continued growth in Rutherford County and the competition to "keep up with the Jones" with facilities and coaching staffs, look for Blackman and Siegel to join this list in the years to come and Riverdale, Oakland and Smyrna are not going to stop competing. Keep in mind Lavergne beat CAK last year and has won games outside of 7AAA lately. A new high school opens this coming fall, Stewarts Creek, and it will not take it long to be competitive. A fun place to live if you are a fan of high school sports, not just football....

Like i said that's an impressive list you put up. You're right, not many districts if any can claim that. But, you still have to win the Gold ball. The east (Maryville) lol has dominated 6A recently, and i don't see that changing anytime soon. With all of the new schools there in rutherford it has taken away some of the talent in the schools there like Riverdale and Oakland. No more are the days when Riverdale and Oakland get all the talent there.

Edited by SweetScience

A great coaching staff who know how to take advantage of the talent and an (underrated) defense might have something to do with their success, but that is just my opinion.

Coach Wyant coached my son years ago. Know him well and glad he is having success at Siegel. Also know some of the others on the staff. Good people. I was just commenting on the offense because that is what has been fun to watch. :)

Edited by davidlimbaugh

A great coaching staff who know how to take advantage of the talent and an (underrated) defense might have something to do with their success, but that is just my opinion.

Bam! you nailed it. Yeah the offense is great but the defense is as good if not better. That's what I sad about our game with them last week. I don't know how we get to twenty and how we hold them under twenty. :popcorneater:

Edited by mykidsdad

Pretty shocking to see Riverdale a 21 point dog in this game, or any game ever. Never thought I would see that.

I think it's a interesting game. Riverdale's defense has seemed to coming together the last few weeks. I guess Friday night we'll see if that was for real. In the first game I credited the defense with exactly one legitimate stop. They'll need 5-6 Friday night with the offense struggling of late.

Gotta love playoff football.