FCS vs. Wilson Central

Commanderbra

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cause they'd beat us by 70 lol and no I doubt our school will get much bigger, I don't think they'll build a new high school building anytime soon and our current one prob won't hold more than 250. I've heard we're playing Boyd, JPII, and apparently maybe WC, I think that's plenty of competition for us right now. We'll prob get drilled 3-4 times next year, I wish we could compete with Ensworth and maybe we'll get to a point where we can, but right now is not that time

You all arent expecting to get any bigger than you are now in numbers? I would think you'd want to play the best and not shy away from anyone. Why not play ensworth? Wouldnt you be up for the challenge?

Cosby High School is growing, but we aren't D2 and there's no way in the world we'd waste our time playing Ensworth.

You all arent expecting to get any bigger than you are now in numbers? I would think you'd want to play the best and not shy away from anyone. Why not play ensworth? Wouldnt you be up for the challenge?

id say FC would welcome an opportunity to play the westmoreland eagles again. Would they be up to the challenge? Doubtful !

Heard some talk this week that FCS and Wilson Central may play a home-and-away series for the next 2 years, any truth to this? I would put my money on FCS. They are the best team in Wilson county and have an outstanding QB that everyone is recruiting. Sign the Deal McNeal is the slogan.

this was proposed 3 yrs ago to both WC & Lebanon by McNeal & his staff. Both 6A county schools declined saying they had nothing to gain by playing FC. I'd say a lot of it had to do with the talent they knew FC had in the pipeline these past 2 yrs. FC is the premier program in Wilson Co and now going to DII they will be playing on a much bigger stage which should entice more athletes who may have wavered in the past about playing 2 A. Coach Perry's MJ program is stout - no doubt- but their inability to get into the Blue Cross Bowl puts them behind FCS who remains Wilson Co's only football state champions!! Edited by Volzchamps

FCS has a great football team... as far as playing MJ, WC or Leb.... you might beat Leb and maybe WC but not MJ...

Again most of the time the larger schools are deeper, and are a notch bigger at every position.. are there several players at FCS that could play at MJ or WC I can think of some that would not have any trouble playing at the level.

But over all , size and athleticism up front would be too much.

i agrre that MJ is deeper- no doubt. Bigger - not this yr or last. Most of these kids at the respective schools have played together or against one another in jr pro,6th grade ball, or jr high and if memory serves FC beat MJ, WC, & lebanons feeder programs with the current players at FC. You should remember this Illini, right?

this was proposed 3 yrs ago to both WC & Lebanon by McNeal & his staff. Both 6A county schools declined saying they had nothing to gain by playing FC.

I know for a 100% fact that this is a lie. Friendship Christian did not contact Lebanon or Wilson Central and ask for a game 2 years ago or 4 years ago. I know someone on each staff (formerly and currently), and Friendship did not do that and have not did that for this scheduling period. So, do your homework before posting "rumors" that obviously got started by some Friendship player or supporter who thought it would make them look good if they said Lebanon or Wilson Central were afraid to play them. Fact is Lebanon or Wilson Central would most definitely play them if they were ever called. They've never been called. That's not rumor. That is 100% fact.

Also, let's put things in perspective. I was a part of Class A football for several years, then I have been a part of Class AAA football for a while now. I've been a part of both so I've seen it from both worlds. These are the differences I have seen.

The biggest difference in A and AAA is speed. Class AAA are a little bigger physically, but the biggest difference is speed. Friendship could probablty play with Lebanon, Wilson Central, or Mt. Juliet in the trenches. Where they would struggle would be dealing with the speed of a Caleb Hopkins, Jalen Graham, or Chris Lee. These are just a few names of many. Even Lebanon has more speed than Friendship.

Also, you Friendship supporters act like teams that play in Lebanon, Wilson Central, and Mt. Juliet's district are terrible. Friendship got beat by 1-A Gordonsville. The only team in Lebanon's district that played a 1-A school was Portland. Portland played a team who was undefeated at the time in Clarksville Academy, and Portland beat them 49-0. It's not like Portland was the best team in the district. They are definitely middle of the road at best.

Another difference between A and AAA. There are no guarentee wins. Lebanon did not get the luxury of playing Pickett County with 15 players (3 of which are girls) or Red Boiling Springs. They do not get to play Monterey or Clay County. Everyone in AAA has some talent, and if you don't come to play on any given night, you'll get beat. That's why I love 6-A football. It's a battle every night. Just ask the coaching staffs at Mt. Juliet or Wilson Central. The Bears had to stop Station Camp on the 1 yard line on 4th down to escape with a win. Wilson Central had to throw a bomb with a minute to go to squeak by Portland. Heck, even Hendersonvile (who beat Riverdale) played bad and lost to Lebanon. When was the last time, Pickett County shocked your district and beat Watertown. It doesn't happen because the gap is too big, and your power teams like Gordonsville, FCS, and Trousdale County don't have to play well to win every night. While saying that, I honestly believe if Lebanon played FCS's schedule this year, Lebanon would have finished at least 8-2. At least 8 wins during the regular season.

So, let's keep things in perspective.

If FCS played Lebanon this season, it would have been a good game, and you guys would have had a chance to win. They were terribly coached, had injuries, and no confidence.

If FCS played Wilson Central, do you not understand that the 3 teams that beat WC this season have a combined record of 34-2. Central has too much speed for FC. I don't think it would be close.

If you played MJ, you guys are right. MJ would beat you handily.

That's my take on things. I'm sure it will go in one ear and out the other. If you get anything from this post, take this. Do not post false rumors about Wilson Central and Lebanon not wanting to play. That is false.

If you want truth, FCS has been contacted by one of these schools, and the school has heard absolutely nothing in return. *crickets*

That's fact!

Bull. FCS would love to play any of those 3 schools. Lebanon, Central, or Mount Juliet might be bigger, faster, stronger, but FCS would hold there own. I've heard nothing of them schools calling FCS and I wish they would call McNeal and get it on the books. It would be a great game and atmosphere for Wilson County. Commanderman is right, FCS is the only team in Wilson County with a STATE CHAMPIONSHIP. Eat that bra.

this was proposed 3 yrs ago to both WC & Lebanon by McNeal & his staff. Both 6A county schools declined saying they had nothing to gain by playing FC. I'd say a lot of it had to do with the talent they knew FC had in the pipeline these past 2 yrs. FC is the premier program in Wilson Co and now going to DII they will be playing on a much bigger stage which should entice more athletes who may have wavered in the past about playing 2 A. Coach Perry's MJ program is stout - no doubt- but their inability to get into the Blue Cross Bowl puts them behind FCS who remains Wilson Co's only football state champions!!

Volzchamps,

You are not comparing apples to apples when comparing 2A to 6A. Thats's like saying winning what was a div II championship in college is the same as winning a National Championship. Two totally different worlds.

FCS has a good program; but they could not play with MJ or WC. You have some very good players; I know a couple of tjem personally ( and they would play at either MJ or WC ) but team wise; depth and speed would be too much.

FCS has a very good team and lost to 1A Gordonsville ( a very good team ); you actullay think you could play with MJ and WC. Your varsity against either JV teams would be more even. FCS is far from the premier program in Wilson. No disrespect to FCS.

Good luck and bring back the Gold Ball for 2A

Volzchamps,

You are not comparing apples to apples when comparing 2A to 6A. Thats's like saying winning what was a div II championship in college is the same as winning a National Championship. Two totally different worlds.

FCS has a good program; but they could not play with MJ or WC. You have some very good players; I know a couple of tjem personally ( and they would play at either MJ or WC ) but team wise; depth and speed would be too much.

FCS has a very good team and lost to 1A Gordonsville ( a very good team ); you actullay think you could play with MJ and WC. Your varsity against either JV teams would be more even. FCS is far from the premier program in Wilson. No disrespect to FCS.

Good luck and bring back the Gold Ball for 2A

Thanks for your best wishes. Hopefully MJ does well too. However, you've lst your mind to imply FC couldn't play with WC or MJ. The kid inside the uniform isn't better or worse because of the classification they play. If this weren't true then colleges wouldn't recruit smaller school players (see Brandon Willis, arguably Tennessee's most successful current NFL PLAYER). Most of our kids have played with or against and beaten WC or MJ schools starters since they started youth football thru middle school. You personally have said both Wood and Taylor (FC SOPH'S) would start this yr at MJ in previous post. These are soph's not FC Srs. I'd recommend you come see others who are currently being recruited by D-1 colleges before implying they don't compare. The only difference between FC and those others is DEPTH! I've watched both the 6a schools kids play and both have multiple current starters who couldn't start at FC.

Until someone else from Wilson Co brings home GOLD or even plays in the finals I'll stick to my previous statement that FC IS THE PREMIER FOOTBALL PROGRAM IN THIS COUNTY!

Edited by Volzchamps

In my opinion, for now, depth is the reason why Friendship would wear down against Leb, Wilson C, and Mt.Juliet. Ill also add that if i were a betting man, Friendship could've beaten Lebanon this year, speed or not.

As far as speed goes, or the fact that a 1 A or a 2A team could never compete with a 5/A or 6/A team; just ask Station Camp what it felt like losing to Gordonsville in the jamboree. Yeah, yeah, i know it was a jamboree but It was 2 full quarters of starters, and i guess 2 quarters wasnt enough time for the cream to rise to the top.