D-II Preseason Rankings

MemphianAmphibian

Sorry if I left some people out or got some weights wrong...always hard with a preseason list. I went off of last year's state tournament brackets and my own personal opinion. Please comment or post your own!

1-Tanner Tidswell (CBHS)

2-Justin Becci (BA)

3-Michael Murphy (Baylor)

4-Addison Cordell (McCallie)

1-Michael Eckhart (FR)

2-John David Santi (CBHS)

3-James Westbrooks (McCallie)

4-Mark Floyd (MBA)

1-Elijah Oliver (CBHS)

2-Alex Elsea (McCallie)

3-Christopher Wesnofonske (FR)

4-Caleb Powell (Baylor)

1-Nick Gray (CBHS)

2-Hal Fisher (FR)

3-Adam Connell (McCallie)

4-Blake Solarek (MBA)

1-Tate Robinson (Baylor)

2-James Simpson (FR)

3-Griffin Davis (McCallie)

4-Johnathon Tully (MBA)

1-Brandon Brunner (Baylor)

2-Mike Akers (FR)

3-Pierce Olson (BGA)

4-

1-Mark Marchetti (FR)

2-Luke Parrish (CBHS)

3-Blake Sutherland (Baylor)

4-

1-Kaleb Baker (CBHS)

2-Bryson Popp (Baylor)

3-Andre Nevle (SBA)

4-Patrick Cosgrove (FR)

1-Houston Clements (Baylor)

2-Brandon Hataway (CBHS)

3-Eli Goldstien (MUS)

4-Andrew Gentuso (DCA)

1-Barrett Walthall (CBHS)

2-Mason Mingus (FRA)

3-John Wallis (SBA)

4-Callum Mcroskey (McCallie)

1-Franklin Garstin (MBA)

2-Nathan Hoodenpyle (McCallie)

3-Price Byers (CBHS)

4-Ryan Parker (Baylor)

1-Jeremy Brandon (CBHS)

2-Blake Douglass (Fay. Academy)

3-

4-

1-Corbin McOlgan (CBHS)

2-Morris Eguakun (MBA)

3-

4-

1-Amos Mason (BA)

2-Jason Robertson (MBA)

3-Drayke Armstrong (CBHS)

4-Casey Cook (McC)

Team

1-Christian Brothers High School (12 ranked wrestlers)

2-Baylor (8 ranked wrestlers)

3-Father Ryan High School (7 ranked wrestlers)

4-McCallie (8 ranked wrestlers)

Something tells me late season sensation Ryan & now Baylor will end up on top, esp. with a 12 pt. swing with the Tate transfer.

According to TSSAA, Tate would not be eligible this year. However, since he transfered to a boarding school, will these rules apply??? No sarcasm, I'm actually posing the question.

Edited by TakedownArtist

According to TSSAA, Tate would not be eligible this year. However, since he transfered to a boarding school, will these rules apply??? No sarcasm, I'm actually posing the question.

According to every variable of the rule I have read the answer is no. Of course we all know that none of that matters until his eligibility is actually submitted and the TSSAA makes a ruling on it.

Is there a reason why so many people are avoiding discussing the elegibility of one of the top wrestlers in the state, who parted company with his state champion team, only to up and transfer several hundred miles away to a rival school on the other side of the state, the very next season?

Am I the only one who thinks this is odd? Not only odd that it happened, but odd that no one is really buzzing about it?

This is THE biggest story in TN High School wrestling this season, bar none!!! It seems that most are simply assuming he will be elegible, I guess.

Maybe people are avoiding a sensitive subject that very few people really know the real truth about. I have seen all kinds of speculation on here about it and have talked to some Baylor insiders and some Cbhs insiders and there are things that have been posted that are not true. I do not know the truth anymore than anyone else but after hearing from people on both sides its clear there is more to the story than most people think.

Maybe people are avoiding a sensitive subject that very few people really know the real truth about. I have seen all kinds of speculation on here about it and have talked to some Baylor insiders and some Cbhs insiders and there are things that have been posted that are not true. I do not know the truth anymore than anyone else but after hearing from people on both sides its clear there is more to the story than most people think.

I totally agree, which is what surprises me. Human nature would dictate that this would be a hot subject, and highly speculated.

Not knowing the "truth" usually motivates discussion on this board, rather than suppress it.

You want truth? "YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!" Sorry...couldn't help myself. Nevertheless, here it is.... A wrestler of a state championship team transfers to it's rival before the next season, and could single handedly swing the outcome of the TN. state dual championship if deemed eligible. These are the facts of the case. And they are undisputed. Sorry...sorry, I did it again. A Few Good Men...Great Movie!!!

I totally agree, which is what surprises me. Human nature would dictate that this would be a hot subject, and highly speculated.

Not knowing the "truth" usually motivates discussion on this board, rather than suppress it.

You want truth? "YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!" Sorry...couldn't help myself. Nevertheless, here it is.... A wrestler of a state championship team transfers to it's rival before the next season, and could single handedly swing the outcome of the TN. state dual championship if deemed eligible. These are the facts of the case. And they are undisputed. Sorry...sorry, I did it again. A Few Good Men...Great Movie!!!

If you get on this board with any sort of frequency then you would know that Tate's eligibility has been discussed, speculated about, or whatever else you want to call it, at length. It is probably best that the "speculation" be kept to a minimum until someone closer to the situation knows for sure whether or not he will be eligible. Until then, there is about a 10 page thread about it buried somewhere on here if you would like to get caught up. Its mostly arguing about (surprise, surprise) the differences between D1 vs D2.

Many of us are limited on the facts, but from what I understand, and as much he hates the point swing... it appears even papa bear would probably go along with a TSSAA exception. There are always two sides and we are not hearing both. Hardship will override usual procedure is what my gut tells me. Tate wrestling his jr. year is good for the sport IMHO.