TSSAA Board of Control Class AA Changes

Jet Pride

The bigger problem is all these non football A schools that are gumming up the works when you expand to 6 classifications so that everybody can have a participation trophy and ice cream afterwards.

Lewis should be playing Mt. Pleasant, Perry County, Wayne County, Summertown, Loretto, Richland and CA rather than Camden, Waverly and Stewart County. TSSAA has over extended themselves by trying to be accommodating and if Hickman hadn't split into two 2A schools, there wouldn't be a 3A school within 75 miles of Hohenwald. What's more, after you get past the 10 school district in Shelby County, 13AA and 14AA only have 6 teams in the West, 12AA and 10AA only have 6 football playing schools in the middle and then there's a 9 team in 11AA and a 7 team in 9AA. This math seems easy to me. There should be 8 teams in most districts and 2 with 9 and it should be based on travel distance if that is the criteria that everybody claimed in the beginning.

Lewis County is swapping travel times of 58 min to Spring Hill, 1:15 to Giles, 1:18 to Page and 1:22 to Lewisburg for 2:11 to Dover, 1:40 to Montgomery Central, 1:28 to Camden, 1:20 to Charlotte, 1:09 to Waverly (which surprised me), 1:08 to Fairview and 51 minutes to East Hickman. Centerville is 27 minutes away.

All this to say I love all the Cheatham County teams playing in the same district and our Jr. Pro football guys have always played White House and Greenbrier. Westmoreland is a stretch but still closer than Stewart County. I just don't think TSSAA is doing what they said they were going to do when this whole thing started and they are doing it for suspect reasons.

Edited by ksgovols

The bigger problem is all these non football A schools that are gumming up the works when you expand to 6 classifications so that everybody can have a participation trophy and ice cream afterwards.

Lewis should be playing Mt. Pleasant, Perry County, Wayne County, Summertown, Loretto, Richland and CA rather than Camden, Waverly and Stewart County. TSSAA has over extended themselves by trying to be accommodating and if Hickman hadn't split into two 2A schools, there wouldn't be a 3A school within 75 miles of Hohenwald. What's more, after you get past the 10 school district in Shelby County, 13AA and 14AA only have 6 teams in the West, 12AA and 10AA only have 6 football playing schools in the middle and then there's a 9 team in 11AA and a 7 team in 9AA. This math seems easy to me. There should be 8 teams in most districts and 2 with 9 and it should be based on travel distance if that is the criteria that everybody claimed in the beginning.

Lewis County is swapping travel times of 58 min to Spring Hill, 1:15 to Giles, 1:18 to Page and 1:22 to Lewisburg for 2:11 to Dover, 1:40 to Montgomery Central, 1:28 to Camden, 1:20 to Charlotte, 1:09 to Waverly (which surprised me), 1:08 to Fairview and 51 minutes to East Hickman. Centerville is 27 minutes away.

All this to say I love all the Cheatham County teams playing in the same district and our Jr. Pro football guys have always played White House and Greenbrier. Westmoreland is a stretch but still closer than Stewart County. I just don't think TSSAA is doing what they said they were going to do when this whole thing started and they are doing it for suspect reasons.

I 100% agree with you on it being wrong to classify based on Basketball playing schools which helps create the problem to begin with. LC was the only school to request in writing to be moved to 11AA. The first two classifications that was sent out by the TSSAA had the 2 Hickman County Schools and LC going to 11AA (because they were so closse to LC). That was changed on Friday by Mr. Childress at the last minute on the day that it was posted. Also, Lipcomb requested to come to 12AA, but was told that they wouldn't put a school in a district where you would have to drive by another school to play. If we would have stayed in 12AA we would have driven by 2 schools, HC and East, to play FV and CPA. I agree that some politics went on, but it is my belief that the Director of the TSSAA was the one doing it. In fact he told one BOC member that LC didn't have to drive by another school to play FV or CPA. If neither East, HC, LC or FV would have been moved then I would have no gripe, but all three are closer to 12AA than LC so how can they be moved and not LC? You are also correct that LC is in a distant located AAA school, but East and HC are the closest to us and should be in the same district. I respect your thoughts on this matter and realize that it is hard to know what it is like to be in someone elses shoes.

No worries ddaddy. I remember the dang ABC days with Fairview, East Robertson and Harpeth playing all the privates. We hated that district but it was football only. I also recall almost every team that's in the current 11AA switching middle school conferences, mostly to get away from Dickson. Geography and travel distance is the only way to go.

I'll say this, you are going to love that drive to Dover! My first son played 2 years of basketball, 4 years of football and 4 years of baseball and I made that trip twice in those 4 years and I believe they were in our district 2 of the 4 years in football and all 4 for the other sports. It takes alot out of you.

Lewis Co, Fairview, Hickman Co. And East Hickman were all very adamant in that they didn't want to play District 12 teams anymore - Giles Co impeticular. No hard feelings Slim, Jacketman and LCP, but your reps backed out hard :(

surprising after winning the district next year. guess our school AD doesnt have any confidence in our team after this year.