Coalfield at Gordonsville (This Henry man vs. This Marshall man)

Roy Dillard

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think if you are all that good, then you would have beaten SP by more than 1 point,Grace beat them by more than 20 points and Greenback and Rockwood held Grace to 2 tds,and Coalfield will not be intimidated by how bad you are on coach t.you all may be the one to get a rude awakening.Anyway I'm looking forward to watching the game tonight on the computer,may neither team have injuries,and I'm hoping our East Tn neighbor comes home with the win.

for whatever reason, the SP team that played against GCA and the one that played GV did not even look like the same team. Our boys played best game of the year against GV. GV is for real so do not go into this game thinking otherwise. Get ready for an old fashioned slobber knocker. I wish I could make to this one because I think GV is gonna put on a show and the more they sense they are headed to Cookeville the more they will pour it on. Regardless have fun all, as you know you don't get this close to your goal or the Gold Ball very often.

Just a thought to the players of Gville:

Guys GAMEDAY is finally here . This game is what you have played your whole 4 years to get to. All those hot days of practice back in spring and summer and all those hours in weightroom have prepared you for this game.

To the senior players:

Tonight when you tighten up those laces and put that blue and white on remember this is the last time you win ever do this in the Jungle. This is the last time you will ever walk out of that lockerroom, walk up to Turney Ford Field, and run through that banner and tunnel with the eye of the tiger playing in the background. This is the last time you will ever be able to be on that field and be able to look up in stands and we all those jugs roaring and know that is for you. To know that this whole town is behind you.

Guys come out tonight fired and playing like the Gville teamed we all know you are. Play hard between the whistles and have no regrets. Leave everything out on that field.

55 have you seen them on film

Nah old buddy I don't know anything about 55 who is a very good finesse tackle, or that number 79 who is probably the best OL they have and plays with a little bit of an edge, or the RB who will undoubtedly be a MR. Football Finalist in the next years, or the QB who throws a very nice pass and has the ability to escape. :thumb:

Everybody is making a big deal over 55 and 34 being Sophomores but if I am right they both played on the High School Football team as 8th Graders so really they are Juniors, either way both appear to be very good.

they say they play physical if so it is nowhere near the level they are going to see tonight are you at your dads

Their LG does play pretty physical but I don't know if they've had somebody come after them for 48 minutes play after play.

NAh I am still in NY. Just a bit superstitious this late in the game old buddy. Next week don't know if superstition is gonna be able to hold me back though!