Beech vs Gallatin for the region title

GWAVE1

The game is at Gallatin.

I haven't seen Beech but just looking at that other dudes post, it looks like the Wave has handled the same teams better than Beech has.

Hendersinville scored 13 on Beech, none on Gallatin. Hunters Lane almost beat Beech, Gallatin won by three TDs.

Those are the other two good teams in the region. beech barely beats both of them, Gallatin beats both of them by double digits.

Looks like Gallatin is better

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What do you mean "who has Gallatin played"? The best non-region team Beech has played is Dickson Co, and you guys lost to them. I guess you guys are real proud of that big win against Warren Co. Real hard to get a win there, huh? Or maybe you think the win against Lebanon was a big one. Well Gallatin beat them 28-7 at their place. Beech only managed to score 19 on them at Beech! Please! If you think Gallatin is overrated you are goint to have to make a better arguement than that.

I want one person to tell me how Beech plans to stop Gallatin's run game. Seriously. You can't put more than eleven guys in the box! And that is exactly what Gallatin has faced.

I'm not saying Gallatin is going to run for 300 yards or anything, but come on. If eleven man defensive fronts aren't successful then what is?

Posted by Bucs:
Posted by hegotgame:

I think Gallatin wins easily. You can't stop their running game for a whole game...no team can. Their D-line is the strongest and fastest I've seen and should have their way with Beech. Im waiting for someone to shut Meadows up. He talks to much. With Link healthy and punting well, Beech will never get the ball any closer than their own 30 yard line...have fun trying to put a drive together :o

Have fun trying to put a drive together huh??..lol, It will be fun watching beech put one together and go up and down the field all night. And NO ONE will be able to shut meadows up. Hes GOOD!! As for link being healthy and punting well, yea Gallatin will punt alot, but Beechs punter is better than link, hes the best in the county. Beech also has the best special teams in county, if not the best in the state. But like i said, Meadows will not get stopped, dont you think teams have tried to stop him so far, and have they??? NOPE they havent. I say beech wins 27 - 7

HuntersLane stopped him pretty good. And the rest of the offense. Meadows only had 40 yards on 17 carries. Yeah that 2.35 yards per carry was real impressive. Far more impressive than the 9.2 yards per carry Beech gave up to Barnes in that game. What did he get in that game, 190 yards? Real great D!

Hunters Lane held Beech to 160 yards of total offense! Let's see Gallatin ran for 256 yards and threw for 46. Let's see 302 yards offense compared to 160. Hmmm....let me see...Oh wait let me guess... Beech was saving themselves for the next game right?

[Edited by phishhead on 10-27-02 4:03P]

To everyone who is talking trash: that is stupid. Gallatin has a good team this year as does Beech. A 9-0 Gallatin squad vs. a 8-1 Beech squad is impressive regardless of who either team has faced!! I wish everyone would save their crap for after the game and after the score and after someone has won and lost!!! I don't think either team is overrated and I believe both teams want a region title just as much as the other!! Lets keep the trash talk to a minimum and like I said, save it for after the game!! Gallatin and Beech students are surely better than this!!

Who is talking trash? Trash talking is when you start calling somebody names, sayin' stuff about their mommas, or stuff like that.

we are comparing football teams. If you have an opinion, share it. this isn't the football feild. good sportsmanship isn't necessary here. if someone says something you disagree with then you can choose to ignore them or counter argue. its your choice.

I don't think anyone has said anything that I would interpret as "trash". now if you are offended by sarcasm then you are a little thin skinned. Because I've been sarcastic.

Every time you click that mouse on a thread you expose yourself to opinions you that you might not like. Deal with it!

Here is another game for comparison:

http://www.gallatinnewsexaminer.com/archiv...02beechhhs.html

Hendersinville 209 yards rushing and 118 yards passing. That's 327 yards of total offense against that Big Bad Buc defense.

What did Hendersinville get against Gallatin? 141 yards of total offense and ZERO points.

And let's not forget the overpowering team of McGavock that ran for over 200 yards against you and scored 21 points.

What did McGavock get against Gallatin? 23 yards of total offense.

But hey, like you said. Beech's D is tight!

Guest trueballin11

i think gallatin wins this easily , beechs d isnt that tight and i think gallatin can run all day long like they have on everyone else this year

Gallatin 28 Beech 14

gallatin will dominate the time off possession and beech just wont have the ball enough

I have to back up phishhead on the trash talking thing. phishhead has provided information to support his thoughts. Yes he has been a little sarcastic, but numbers are numbers. One can't argue that.

It will be a good game and I'm sure it will be a clean game.

But what goes on in this thread is a little different story.

And don't bring the students into this. There is absolutly no way to tell if a poster is a student, parent,coach, cheerleader, or anything. So don't assume that what you are considering "trash talk" is coming from anyone that represents these two schools. You really never know.