Boyd Buc @ Friendship Christian

reaction

Many times we all get carried away with the smack talk - but seriously - I am so thankful that our boys will be practicing football on Thanksgiving! The season is over for so many that would have loved this opportunity!

Thankful the BUCS have the privilege to be playing in the semi-finals - and thankful for all the experiences with the teams we have played this year that helped prepare us for it!

Yes. I love playing in November. It sure beats being scheduled for everybody's homecoming like when I played.

Just a little statistical commentary...

This is all based on another hs football website' and TSSAA stats but should be fairly accurate, give or take...

In 2012, Boyd has played a total of 13 games to Friendship's 12... this is due to the bye Friendship got at the beginning of the play-offs.

Against 1A teams, Boyd is 3 for 3 with a scoring margin of 120-42. Friendship is 3 for 4 with a margin of 160-42. Friendship's only loss was to Gordansville by 7 points. The last time Gordonsville won their division was in 1984. The last time they were runner-up was 1983.

Against 2A teams, Boyd is 5 for 5 with a scoring margin of 178-44. Friendship is 7 for 7 with a margin of 327-87.

Against 3A teams, Boyd is 2 for 2 with a scoring margin of 69-18. Friendship played no 3A teams.

Against 4A teams, Boyd is 1 for 2 with a scoring margin of 51-26. Friendship played no 4A teams. Boyd's only loss was to Maplewood by 10 points. Maplewood was the 2011 4A runner-up.

Boyd's total points for and against is 442-147. Friendship's total is 528-136 with one less game.

Boyd had three shutouts against a 1A, a 2A and a 3A team. Friendship had three shutouts against a 1A team and two 2A teams.

Boyd played 8 out of 13 opponents with winning records. Friendship played 6 out of 12 opponents with winning records.

The only common opponent was DCA who was defeated by Boyd 24-17 in the 6th game of the season and Friendship 41-7 in the 1st game of the season.

I apologize, up front if anything here is inaccurate. I just thought it would be some good food for thought. Go!...

Edited by TheFonz

Nice info Fonz. Pretty even all the way around with both teams stat wise. FCS has put up more points, but that doesn't surprise me.

According to CoachT, we have played FCS 4 times in the past, with of coarse the latest meeting being last year.

2002 - Boyd Buc 38 FCS 0

2003 - Boyd Buc 49 FCS 20

2004 - Boyd Buc 49 FCS 21

2011 - FCS 21 Boyd Buc 20

I can see this being a good game, turnovers will be a factor. Everyone and I mean almost everyone doubted us saying FCS would not kill Marion County but they did. Everyone said that there good running back would run all over them and they scored 18. It's my opionion on what I think but it's like everyone FCS has played in the playoffs said it would be close. Your opinion, I know Boyd is going to be ready and so are we, don't think the players think this will be a easy game. FCS- 31 Boyd- 28

I can see this being a good game, turnovers will be a factor. Everyone and I mean almost everyone doubted us saying FCS would not kill Marion County but they did. Everyone said that there good running back would run all over them and they scored 18. It's my opionion on what I think but it's like everyone FCS has played in the playoffs said it would be close. Your opinion, I know Boyd is going to be ready and so are we, don't think the players think this will be a easy game. FCS- 31 Boyd- 28

I figured you guys would blow everyone out in the cupcake quad. MC was probably the best test you had, and they are young and a year or 2 away from being really good. This will be our hardest test to date I believe.

Never again!

I figured you guys would blow everyone out in the cupcake quad. MC was probably the best test you had, and they are young and a year or 2 away from being really good. This will be our hardest test to date I believe.

Never again!

Good luck to Reaction.Buc55 and Boyd in general. I'll be pulling for you guys from afar. The bucs looked pretty solid in every aspect of the game. It'll take a good team to knock you off. I'm sure FC will be a handfull and a half.

I'd hate to see you waste your money like that

:roflol: @doyle

An apparently necessary reminder: ZERO profanity is allowed on these boards. Can't make that any plainer.

http://www.coacht.com/boards/index.php/topic/163001-zero-tolerance-for-profanity/

coacht, you know them private schools don't think the rules apply to them. :lol: ... but seriously. :huh: