Arby's Classic 2012

MentorFan

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Science Hill and Oak Ridge both gave Melrose all they wanted and represented the East very well. Proof that some of the teams from the East can play with the big boys out West.

Yes, but to chat with Memphis area fans, we aren't worthy to tie the shoes of those teams out West lol...

Them East Tn teams aren't worthy lol

Edited by SweetScience

They sure did..Rashad was huge..Not a lot of points, but his size and athletic ability in there was big...Merrian had a great game..Mismatched all game by a 6 ft 10 inch kid and never stopped fighting..Fagan hit some very key 3's..I think had 4 of them on the night..Very proud of OR...Could be a signature win for the season..I don't expect us to beat Melrose, but we will give them all we have..SH played them very tough for the most part and we shoulda beat SH to be honest..If we woulda been 100% healthy i feel we would have..I been saying it all year..On a good night we can play with anybody in this state, Memphis or out of state for that matter. This team was one of the best in Va i think. They supposedly had 4 Div 1 prospects.

Lets see you should have beat SH Why do u think that just because you beat a good VA team So did they So please tell me why u get beat by a good SH team you say your better than them I think you even you would win a your place and i hope you guys dont play again that would mean one of them is going home unstead of state

Lets see you should have beat SH Why do u think that just because you beat a good VA team So did they So please tell me why u get beat by a good SH team you say your better than them I think you even you would win a your place and i hope you guys dont play again that would mean one of them is going home unstead of state

No, we shoulda beat SH because we had 3 players out for that game, 3 which contribute a lot to our team. And still just lost by 5 to them and were up by double digits at one point even without those 3 guys.. That's why we should have beaten them. But, excuses aside they were the better team that night. I would like to play them again with both teams 100% healthy.

Edited by SweetScience

No, we shoulda beat SH because we had 3 players out for that game, 3 which contribute a lot to our team. And still just lost by 5 to them and were up by double digits at one point even without those 3 guys.. That's why we should have beaten them. But, excuses aside they were the better team that night. I would like to play them again with both teams 100% healthy.

SH was also up by double digits in that game and yes games change with players out but noone knows if it would make a diffence.Iim in oak ridge every sat but they dont play home not one game wanted to watch a game there im a SH fan but iv always like coach Green

SH was also up by double digits in that game and yes games change with players out but noone knows if it would make a diffence.Iim in oak ridge every sat but they dont play home not one game wanted to watch a game there im a SH fan but iv always like coach Green

Green is a great coach...It's just my opinion, but i think if we played each other at full strength Oak Ridge would have a very good chance of beating SH. You also have to take into consideration that we played on your guys' home court. That is an advantage in itself.

No other school in the Tri-Cities area loses basketball players to private schools. That only happens at Science Hill and it's because the Hilltopper basketball program has been the best in the area for the last 25 years. In fact, transferring to play at private schools is actually a pretty recent thing. It really started with Hale and Allen leaving last year, and to be honest most of the time these kids don't want to transfer. It's more a parental decision. I know for a fact that Tre Fields(now at VA Episcopal)did not want to transfer. Same goes for Jaylen Allen(now at NC Christ School). Jaylen transferred because it gave him another year of eligibility to play high school ball.

As FLMS said though, regardless of the transfers, Science Hill still has a good team. It's probably the weakest team they've had in a while but they're a scrappy group. They play great defense and team ball. FLMS said it perfectly. They get a lot out of what they have. They may not be the biggest or best team out there but they really make their opponents work to get a W. I believe they're currently 17-2, with their only losses coming to a team in the Bahamas(a tournament they played at during Thanksgiving) and Melrose in the Arby's. They've basically blown all the area teams they've played out.

FLMS, do you really think Tre would've been Science Hill's best player this year? Don't get me wrong, he's very good and I hate he transferred. However, are you forgetting Will and CJ? I've watched Will, CJ and Tre play together for years and I must admit I always felt Will and CJ were the better players. Tre had the size but Will and CJ are all-around better basketball players.

After seeing Science Hill up close I must agree that Tre is really athletically gifted but CJ Good is one of the best shooters I've ever seen and Will Adams is just very good in so many ways. I'd take both over Tre. Those two are not only special players but are leaders and great kids. I think the rest of Science Hill feeds of that. Science Hill to me is the model for basketball. Just my opinion.