CAK vs. Milan ( This Bradley man vs. this Morris man)

Roy Dillard

I have read a lot of posts about East Tn teams and have always wondered why do they call Elizabethton "Betsy"?

I would say Woody has it right since that is his team, BUT, whatever the reason I'm glad I don't have to spell and type Elizabethton every time, ha. :blink: (thats why we go with CAK or CAKe depending on which county you live in, :mrgreen: )

To add a little fuel to the fire, and I'll get beat up for saying this, but I think this CAK team is among some of best hs team's Tennessee has ever had, at least offensively.

Now why do you want to go and do that? Especially after you just acknowledged that we are beat up. Come on now, more Lou Holtz and Less Deion Sanders B)

Edited by FootballDad

By the way, meant to welcome you (BRPro) to the board a few posts ago. We don't have many Warrior posters on this board and need all the support we can get.

Thank you FootballDad! We are into our second year at CAK (elementary). I'm a big football/sports fan and I look forward to cheering the Warriors on for many years to come. Relatively new to CAK but not new to football. Have seen almost every CAK game the last two years.

Edited by BRPro

By the way, meant to welcome you (BRPro) to the board a few posts ago. We don't have many Warrior posters on this board and need all the support we can get.

FBD, Congrats to the Warriors on making it to the title game again. Hated to see Rathbone get injured last night. Was watching on TV and it looked ugly, my prayers are with him. I think this game against Milan will be a lot closer than last year, and I think CAK will have to do a better job of wrapping up and making sure tackles on Milan's RB or he will have a field day. Many times last night, CAK would some up and make the hit on the RB, but would not wrap him up and he would continue to run for another 10 yards. After playing a very physical game against Alcoa, you could tell that some of the CAK players were beat up, hopefully they will heal up a little this week. Offensively, I don't expect Milan to consistently stop CAK, but if Milan can play a turnover free game and grind the ball and eat the clock, this one could be a good game.

Thank you FootballDad! We are into our second year at CAK (elementary). I'm a big football/sports fan and I look forward to cheering the Warriors on for many years to come.

Love it when the young families get involved and are supportive!! That is what it takes for a school our size to build and maintain a successful program. My kids are moving on but I will try to continue to be supportive of the program. It was very encouraging last year at State to see so many elementary aged kids and their families there to support the team. Hope to see just as many or more this time