CAK vs. Milan ( This Bradley man vs. this Morris man)

Roy Dillard

CAK is the best team in 3A and the four teams that CAK played in the playoffs can beat milan. Loudon scored 21 points in the first round and Kington held CAK to 23 points, Alcoa scored 36 points and Elizabethton scored 34 points. Milan will not return to state next year. Coach Morris was out coached in the state game today.

We had no reason to be there this year. But guess what? A bunch of 14-18 yr old kids came to work everyday and good things happened. It Could happen again next year. One thing I have learned is you never count this group of west TN boys out. If you need to r\un these KIDS down so that you can have a moral victory on a message board because you can't beat the teams in the east either.Then you go ahead!!!!!

Yes. If you're watching this game tomorrow, this will be the best high school offense you've ever seen.

No disrespect to anyone by this re-post, just enjoying the moment. I think this team has spoiled us CAK fans to a certain degree and it's a long time before we are this good again (if ever). Next year is bringing us back to reality, but I'm confident in Coach Bradley and the CAK program to make another good showing.

Thanks to the players, especially the seniors for another awesome year!

Thanks to all the posters that made this so interesting, educational, entertaining and enjoyable! Wishing everyone the best into this holiday season and beyond (except when/if you play my Warriors!)

Peace

No disrespect to anyone by this re-post, just enjoying the moment. I think this team has spoiled us CAK fans to a certain degree and it's a long time before we are this good again (if ever). Next year is bringing us back to reality, but I'm confident in Coach Bradley and the CAK program to make another good showing.

Thanks to the players, especially the seniors for another awesome year!

Thanks to all the posters that made this so interesting, educational, entertaining and enjoyable! Wishing everyone the best into this holiday season and beyond (except when/if you play my Warriors!)

Peace

Congrats to both teams!

It looked like both teams were very senior heavy, one unit ( I don't remember which) had 10 seniors of the 11 on the field....What does next season look like for CAK and Milan?

Edited by Charlie Murphy

Congrats to both teams!

It looked like both teams were very senior heavy, one unit ( I don't remember which) had 10 seniors of the 11 on the field....What does next season look like for CAK and Milan?

CAK is going to be down (but not necessarily out).....we may have had the 10 of 11 seniors on the field. We may be losing our coach as well (rumors).

Watch Alcoa RB Jaquez Tyson!

Just back from Cookeville. Congratulations WARRIORS!!! Wow, back to back state titles. Very impressive indeed. And a couple individuals are also coming home with impressive records, C.High all time career passing yards for the State of TN (in only 2 years as a starter) and D.Howell all time career catches for the entire United States of America. Couldn't be prouder of you guys. You represented well.

To the Milan faithful, much respect. What an accomplishment to already have 4 gold balls and to have appearances in the championship game 4 out the past 5 years. Watching your kids at the end of the game made my heart hurt. I was super excited for my Warriors, but I couldn't help but hurt for the Milan boys when I saw the shattered emotions on their faces. I've seen that look too many times on some of our boys faces after battling against some incredibly good Alcoa teams when we came up just short of victory. I can only say that you should be very proud of your accomplishments. Its been very good to be a Milan Bulldog the last several years and you will remember all the successes you have had after the agony of defeat wears off. Keep your heads held high. :thumb:

Wow, this is probably the best and classiest post I have ever read on CoachT! Two thumbs up!

My observations of the game:

Great crowd! Loved seeing all the younger kids and their families. That's what it takes to build a tradition, pass it down to the upcoming young Warriors!

CAK looked comfortable on "the big stage". Very poised. It was interesting to see Coach Bradley's openness to use #25 J.Smith in the backfield rather than just his role as wide receiver, but he never really needed much from that package since the passing game was clicking. Other than the fumble, which was a good stick with helmet to ball, # 24 C.Bailey did a nice job of running north and south when called upon. Milan has a solid D line and challenged our pass protection on occasions, but for the most part our O line did what they are famous for, giving #12 C.High all day long to analyze and dissect the opponent. C.High played with a lot of poise and confidence, showed good pocket presence, held the ball a bit too long on a few occasions, but made play after play after play, just like he has done his entire career. All of the receivers played amazing! Its no fluke that 3 of these guys (#5 Murchison, #16 Howell, and #25 Smith) all have over 1000 yards receiving this year and #6 Cunningham had an outstanding game as well, even grabbing an INT while subbing in on defense. I wasn't surprised by anything Milan did on defense, but more importantly, neither was Coach Bradley or our offensive players. Honestly, we have seen so many variations of defense over the past several years that it would be difficult for a high school level team to show us something we hadn't seen before. I thought Milan's defensive coverage game plan of trying to keep everything in front of them wasn't bad. At times it was almost a 3 safety set, having a LB about 10 -12 yards deep to thwart the deep middle portion of the field along with 2 deep safeties and then tight press coverage underneath. But the CAK system and players adjust for this, teaching the receivers to cut off routes or find the holes and sit down, and then the QB finds them. Jamming receivers isn't a bad approach either, but you have to have guys that know how to do it and are good coverage guys. CAK receivers are coached extensively in the techniques of how to get off a DB who is trying to knock you off your route. The Milan D line tried valiantly, with the aid of some occasional blitzes, to get pressure on the QB, but our O line is as good as it gets in pass protection. The Milan D line looked exhausted in the 2nd half. Like I said in a previous post, I don't envy any defensive coordinator trying to game plan against this group of Warriors. My biggest surprise was limiting Milan to just 14 pts. Way to step it up D! We simply loaded the box and tried to make a pile. It cost us a couple of times once Coleman broke the first level and with the pass over the top, but I believe that was the best strategy to limit the Bulldog running game. Kudo's to #63 Kendrick, #72 North and #52 Gass for basically playing both ways in the trenches almost the entire game. Tough assignment, but you got the job done throughout the playoffs.

Milan kept it competitive longer than last year, and had some opportunities to make the game interesting, but in the end the best team won. CAK won not only with talent and coaching, but with a lot of effort, execution and heart from an outstanding group of young me who have poured their hearts and souls into defending their state championship crown. They represented themselves, their families, their school, their district, their former teammates, and their community like the champions they are. Congratulations Warriors, you earned everything you got. I'm very proud of you :thumb:

Wow, this is probably the best and classiest post I have ever read on CoachT! Two thumbs up!

:wub: I humbly say thank you. But it is heart wrenching, if you have compassion and understanding for what ALL these young men put into this sport, regardless if they represent your school or not, to see them hurt so bad for something that means so much to them and their community. Of course this is LIFE and a valuable lesson to both sides in many different ways. Handling adversity as well as success has their own set of challenges. I've played, coached, and parented players and have truly experienced the agonies of defeat and the thrills of victory. I was just hoping a few kind words may put a tiny bit of ointment on a very open and painful wound.

:wub: I humbly say thank you. But it is heart wrenching, if you have compassion and understanding for what ALL these young men put into this sport, regardless if they represent your school or not, to see them hurt so bad for something that means so much to them and their community. Of course this is LIFE and a valuable lesson to both sides in many different ways. Handling adversity as well as success has their own set of challenges. I've played, coached, and parented players and have truly experienced the agonies of defeat and the thrills of victory. I was just hoping a few kind words may put a tiny bit of ointment on a very open and painful wound.

You're the best FBD! I've had many of the same experiences you've had, save for the parenting players part which I'm still anticipating a possibility as mine is a bit young for team sports. I too agonize and have empathy for the losing team, I've been there and done that and know too well how it feels.

I'm counting on your Lou Holtz approach to temper my Muhammad Ali/Deion Sanders way of thinking! I appreciate your level headed posts. I don't intend to show dis-respect to anyone, I'm merely showing pride and confidence in 'us'.

You represent CAK well ....and I'm proud to be a part of CAK because of people like you in the program.

I'm just a fan, but kudos to all the CAK posters I've seen on here. Keep up the great work. You all have great insight and knowledge about our team.

Edited by BRPro