Is Hamilton gonna go open zone? When?

hamjam40

Some of the schools are already near capacity or will be again soon. There was a rezoning in the east part of the county that caused all sorts of controversy in those neighborhoods due to the zoning map being altered. I don't see the zones being removed, some of the schools would have many more than capacity trying to get in and others would be even less utilized than they already are. Several of the currently AA schools in Chattanooga were formerly AAA schools for those who don't know.

Red Bank is at 65% Full, Tyner at 45% at best. There an't no one at Brainerd. Hooterville can take 400 more kids. The next move IMO is to shut Tyner down.... move them to Ooltewah you got another 6A school, build the new middle school in Apison, that opens up 600 new spots at East Ham another 6A school. Heck while I am on a roll build a new big school in Brainerd area, close East Ridge, and Brainerd theres another 6A school, Brainerd and East Ridge buildings are so run down..... You can call the new school Littlefield High! OK go ahead and shut down Sale Creek and move them to Soddy. I have no idea what to do with Red Bank, but its on a slow death march, and so is Lookout Valley. OK there I fixed it. :ugeek::mrgreen:

Still can't find a State champion in there, maybe At Signal if they move down to 3A oops scrap that Alcoa is there, Mybe Ooltewah or East Ham, no wait that's where Murvill is. So I guess it's up to Boyd, and So Pitt.

Edited by chattacane

Here is something to ponder:

Blount County 123,000 population - Hamilton County 340,000 population

Does anyone think they just grow better athletes in Blount County or "maybe" they just put all of them in the right schools to win championships.

Well I will just leave this with everyone to come up with their own judgement.

I am in no way speaking for SM, just speaking for the state in general. I don't have a kid that plays football or any other sports.

I do like the idea of the open zones to play with the privates for championships, that seems fair doesn't it?

Red Bank is at 65% Full, Tyner at 45% at best. There an't no one at Brainerd. Hooterville can take 400 more kids. The next move IMO is to shut Tyner down.... move them to Ooltewah you got another 6A school, build the new middle school in Apison, that opens up 600 new spots at East Ham another 6A school. Heck while I am on a roll build a new big school in Brainerd area, close East Ridge, and Brainerd theres another 6A school, Brainerd and East Ridge buildings are so run down..... You can call the new school Littlefield High! OK go ahead and shut down Sale Creek and move them to Soddy. I have no idea what to do with Red Bank, but its on a slow death march, and so is Lookout Valley. OK there I fixed it. :ugeek::mrgreen:

Still can't find a State champion in there, maybe At Signal if they move down to 3A oops scrap that Alcoa is there, Mybe Ooltewah or East Ham, no wait that's where Murvill is. So I guess it's up to Boyd, and So Pitt.

Not real sure where you're getting your stats from, but I gratuated from Tyner in 98, and there are more kids there now than there were then. So I am not sure about your assessment of them only being 45% full. In 96 is when we dropped from 3A down to 2A.

I heard they plan on building a new Sale Creek so they get land to build a football field and other sports fields

Here is something to ponder:

Blount County 123,000 population - Hamilton County 340,000 population

Does anyone think they just grow better athletes in Blount County or "maybe" they just put all of them in the right schools to win championships.

Well I will just leave this with everyone to come up with their own judgement.

I am in no way speaking for SM, just speaking for the state in general. I don't have a kid that plays football or any other sports.

I do like the idea of the open zones to play with the privates for championships, that seems fair doesn't it?

Again...do what you need to do.

And we do grow them better here.

The scholly players prove that.