Region 1

Brooksbrothers

I've given my picks plenty of times. I even did my best to put together a ranking even though I was admittedly not knowledgeable enough about EVERY single wrestler to do so. Id just like to hear other peoples opinions as well because they just might cause me to look at something in a new perspective as far as who has wrestled who or who can beat who. However I have asked a lot and I will go ahead and give my prediction sometime this morning.

So how's Gary Hudgens doin, a product of many years in middle TN feeders. With the participation on this board from region 1, the future has to bright...

Any Eastman transplants from up north involved? That's a factor back in the 50&60's with Dupont/combustion engineering bringing wrestling interest into the Chattanooga area as well... Kept growing from there.

Sommers--please send me some of what you are smoking.

Sometimes it seems like the cat walks across your keyboard during your posts. "Dupont/combustion engineering?" And to think, I believed it all went back to feeder programs, hard work, and dedication from coaches, parents, and kids--all along the recipe for success was right in front of me,10th grade science class holds the key to Chattown's wrestling success. Arrrgghh!

I have seen what Sommers is talking about - Florida wrestling came late with northern transplants who fostered it and demanded it at our schools and it grew from those original seeds with usually teams entirely made up of northern transplants such as my own. Brandon was a great example of that, and now after many years of being great they have local kids who dream of being great wrestlers and love wrestling - like the current climate in Chattanooga

the younger gents tend to focus on the more recent branches which have continued the development and progress

Here are my finals picks for the region.

106-Bryan Brockwell, Sullivan South, 10 vs Ben Riley, Science Hill, 11

113-Jon Boatman, Greenville, 11 vs Greg Whitiker, Sullivan East, 12

120-Storm Williams, Morristown East, 10 vs Corbin Hurley, Tennessee High, 9

126-Andrew Armstrong, Sullivan South, 12 vs Josh Vance, Greenville, 9

132-Max Vaughn, Science Hill, 11 vs Johnathon Taylor, Tennessee High, 12

138-Will Stookesburry, Seymour, 12 vs Justin Carlson, Greenville, 11

145-Austin Bagley, Science Hill, 11 vs Austin Frye, Dobyns Bennett, 11

152-Palmer Begely, Dobyns Bennett, 10 vs Griffyn Broyles, Morristown West, 10

160-Eric Buck, Elizabethton, 12 vs Jared Bond, Greenville, 12

170-Marshall Brown, Greenville, 12 vs Hunter Bagley, Science Hill, 9

182-Brailon Brown, Jefferson County, 12 vs Nelson Elliot, Sullivan East, 11

195-Bryson Begely, Dobyns Bennett, 12 vs Chase Brunson, Morristown East, 12

220-Damian Hayes, Science Hill, 12 vs Kris Matthews, Morristown West, 12

285-Max Araiza, Sevier County, 12 vs Drew Cannon, Seymour, 10

Here are my finals picks for the region.

106-Bryan Brockwell, Sullivan South, 10 vs Ben Riley, Science Hill, 11

113-Jon Boatman, Greenville, 11 vs Greg Whitiker, Sullivan East, 12

120-Storm Williams, Morristown East, 10 vs Corbin Hurley, Tennessee High, 9

126-Andrew Armstrong, Sullivan South, 12 vs Josh Vance, Greenville, 9

132-Max Vaughn, Science Hill, 11 vs Johnathon Taylor, Tennessee High, 12

138-Will Stookesburry, Seymour, 12 vs Justin Carlson, Greenville, 11

145-Austin Bagley, Science Hill, 11 vs Austin Frye, Dobyns Bennett, 11

152-Palmer Begely, Dobyns Bennett, 10 vs Griffyn Broyles, Morristown West, 10

160-Eric Buck, Elizabethton, 12 vs Jared Bond, Greenville, 12

170-Marshall Brown, Greenville, 12 vs Hunter Bagley, Science Hill, 9

182-Brailon Brown, Jefferson County, 12 vs Nelson Elliot, Sullivan East, 11

195-Bryson Begely, Dobyns Bennett, 12 vs Chase Brunson, Morristown East, 12

220-Damian Hayes, Science Hill, 12 vs Kris Matthews, Morristown West, 12

285-Max Araiza, Sevier County, 12 vs Drew Cannon, Seymour, 10

Interesting pick for begleys opponent at 95.

The last time that I can remember a weight class that deep was heavyweight in 2003. Crosby placed first, the DB heavy placed 3rd and the Sullivan East heavy placed 5th. The Chuckey-Doak heavyweight lost in the heartbreak match to Parks Harding (I think) or we would have had 4 Region One heavyweights with state medals that year.