Region 1

Brooksbrothers

I believe everyone has to pick a new duo for 106 given the way the seeds fell. My guess is BB vs Scrat! Haha! (Sommers moment)

120 and 126 are also different now with Dammann (SH) dropping and Storm (MoEast) staying up. 120 is going to be my favorite bracket to watch pan out. A lot of kids right around the same level. It's all about who has the best weekend.

At 126, Storm and Vance (G) should meet up in the semis and that should make for a very exciting match to see who makes it to the finals!

145 should have some good matches later in the tournament.

Now that we know which weights Dean and Caldwell (DB) are going to be at, that adds talk for 170. Caldwell has just as much of a chance as Spangler to be in the finals with Marshall (G).

195 semis with Shropshire and Brunson will be another good one.

HWT is an absolute toss up. In fact, the matches may be more entertaining if it were literally a series of coin tosses... Or maybe paper rock scissors?

My predictions after the brackets being released.

106-Fagundes vs Bynum

113-Boatman vs Whitaker

120-Hurley vs Morris

126-Armstrong vs Williams

132-Vaughn vs Taylor

138-Stookesburry vs Carlson

145-Bagley vs Callahan

152-Begley vs Broyles

160-Buck vs Bond

170-M.Brown vs Spangler

182-B.Brown vs Alston

195-Begley vs Brunson

220-Hayes vs Campbell

285-Im not even going to try lol

My predictions after the brackets being released.

106-Fagundes vs Bynum

113-Boatman vs Whitaker

120-Hurley vs Morris

126-Armstrong vs Williams

132-Vaughn vs Taylor

138-Stookesburry vs Carlson

145-Bagley vs Callahan

152-Begley vs Broyles

160-Buck vs Bond

170-M.Brown vs Spangler

182-B.Brown vs Alston

195-Begley vs Brunson

220-Hayes vs Campbell

285-Im not even going to try lol

I'm just gonne go with the 1 and 2 seeds for the heavys lol. Heck any seed could place.

Yeah now that the brackets are out it does changes things in some cases.

Hate that Atlas and Bryan got put on the same side @ 106, but thats why matches matter thru the season - seeding.

113 has a deep group with 5 returning qualifiers, 2 former Region 1 champs, and Boatman, Whitaker, and Hudgins have all been ranked thru the season by Bray / TWF only lists one as ranked.

120 doesn't have flash but it sure has depth and some tough kids. Should be a fun weight class to watch.

The 126 winner of the Vance / Storm match may not feel like a win with Armstrong being next in the finals.

132 should have a good match between Gobble and Taylor. Keep an eye on Wallen - he could place here.

138 matches between Hodge amd Carlson and Jaynes and Jesse should be fun to watch.

If Bagley/Cline and Callahan/Frye are the semi matches then they should not disappoint. Watch out for Deaton Myers though - bracket buster possibly.

Porter and Broyles could really go either way. I saw Porter more than Broyles and was impressed with his motor. I dont see anyone beating Palmer though.

160 is a class where the top 4 seeds should all finish top 4 for sure. Bond and Jones could be a pretty good match up and could go either way.

Marshall Brown will be tough to beat at 170. Looked really good the 2nd half of the season.

Same case at 182 as 170 - Brailan Brown should dominate.

TWF ranks 3 guys at 195 / Bray lists 2 - that is still really good for a Region 1 weight class. Should be fun to see the Bunson / Shropshire semi match.

220 should be Hayes's weight class to own, but if Campbell can get to the finals and keep it close, watch out.

285 is another deep group of fairly decent wrestlers. Dont know how it will pan out, but Cuddebeck/Lawson in the quarters should be interesting. Ruth and Ariaza are two athletic big men that could do well also.

Championship matches

106 - Fagundes (GR) vs. Poore (SEY)

113 - Boatman (GR) vs. Whitaker (SE)

120 - Hurley (TN) vs. Dammann (SH)

126 - Armstrong (SS) vs. Vance (GR)

132 - Vaughn vs. Taylor (TN)

138 - Stooksbury (SEY) vs. Carlson (GR)

145 - Bagley (SH) vs.Callahan (EL)

152 - Begley (DB) vs. Porter (ME)

160 - Buck (EL) vs. Bond (GR)

170 - Brown (GR) vs. Caldwell (DB)

182 - Brown (JC) vs. Goins (SEV)

195 - Begley (DB) vs. Brunson (ME)

220 - Hayes (SH) vs. Campbell (DB)

285 - Cannon (SEY) vs. Lawson (VOL)

3rd/4th matches

106 - Bynum (DC) vs. Brockwell (SS)

113 - Hudgins (SH) vs. Kerlin (SD)

120 - Morris (HV) vs. Chase (SE)

126 - Williams (ME) vs. Lane (SH)

132 - Gobble (SS) vs. Shannon (JC)

138 - Evon (JC) vs. Hodge (SE)

145 - Frye (DB) vs. Cline (MW)

152 - Bryles (MW) vs. Bowman (GR)

160 - Jones (TN) vs. Hamilton (SEY)

170 - Elliot (SE) vs. Spangler (TN)

182 - Alston (SE) vs. Hardin (SH)

195 - Shropshire (DBNE) vs. Barnes (SEV)

220 - Hayde (JC) vs. Baldwin (SEY)

285 - Araiza (SEV) vs. Ruth (DB)

• Upvote 1

Very in debt prediction Baller! Maybe we should both fill out full brackets and make the same bet as last year at the state tournament!

Everything looks pretty spot on!

I thought it was interesting that you said you were impressed with Porter's motor though. Because I saw the complete opposite. The first time we saw MoEast, he was at 160 and all our little freshman did was stay on him and he had him broke by the second and ended up giving him his first loss of the season. He looked like a decent wrestler that didn't have a motor. He looked horribly out of shape! The second time, he was down to 152. He still seemed very out of shape, but pulled out the win that time... Seems like we were watching two different wrestlers.

Edited by KingGreene

Very in debt prediction Baller! Maybe we should both fill out full brackets and make the same bet as last year at the state tournament!

Everything looks pretty spot on!

I thought it was interesting that you said you were impressed with Porter's motor though. Because I saw the complete opposite. The first time we saw MoEast, he was at 160 and all our little freshman did was stay on him and he had him broke by the second and ended up giving him his first loss of the season. He looked like a decent wrestler that didn't have a motor. He looked horribly out of shape! The second time, he was down to 152. He still seemed very out of shape, but pulled out the win that time... Seems like we were watching two different wrestlers.

We must have seen two different versions, but i will say i dont think i saw him have to go past the mid point of any match. Guess I should have better explained - what i saw was a kid on offense the whole time and he showed some explosion on shots when i saw him. If he can't got 3 solid periods Griffen will wear him down. May need top re-think that pick. Wasn't sold on it from the start.

We can do that for sure. I will have mine when i see you up there Friday evening. Hopefully no one tears down any brackets this year like they did at state last year. That always makes me laugh.

We can do that for sure. I will have mine when i see you up there Friday evening. Hopefully no one tears down any brackets this year like they did at state last year. That always makes me laugh.

Ok I'll get a set printed out and do mine tonight. You try to figure out a point system. It'll be different since all we did was finals at State.

That was hilarious! I still laugh when I think about it too! But hey, in Region One, we may see some PARENTS running out to the lobby tearing down brackets! Haha!

Edited by KingGreene

So I'm looking over your brackets and see there are only 2 Seymour kids with losing records. Is Seymour the sleeper here or do they just wrestle a light weight schedule? I've been asking around and consensus seems to be the latter and their coach must be really convincing at the seeding meeting. I noticed a lot of their kids got good seeds. Other than Stooksburry do that have any legit shot at a gold?

So wonders humor.

Yeah now that the brackets are out it does changes things in some cases.

Hate that Atlas and Bryan got put on the same side @ 106, but thats why matches matter thru the season - seeding.

113 has a deep group with 5 returning qualifiers, 2 former Region 1 champs, and Boatman, Whitaker, and Hudgins have all been ranked thru the season by Bray / TWF only lists one as ranked.

120 doesn't have flash but it sure has depth and some tough kids. Should be a fun weight class to watch.

The 126 winner of the Vance / Storm match may not feel like a win with Armstrong being next in the finals.

132 should have a good match between Gobble and Taylor. Keep an eye on Wallen - he could place here.

138 matches between Hodge amd Carlson and Jaynes and Jesse should be fun to watch.

If Bagley/Cline and Callahan/Frye are the semi matches then they should not disappoint. Watch out for Deaton Myers though - bracket buster possibly.

Porter and Broyles could really go either way. I saw Porter more than Broyles and was impressed with his motor. I dont see anyone beating Palmer though.

160 is a class where the top 4 seeds should all finish top 4 for sure. Bond and Jones could be a pretty good match up and could go either way.

Marshall Brown will be tough to beat at 170. Looked really good the 2nd half of the season.

Same case at 182 as 170 - Brailan Brown should dominate.

TWF ranks 3 guys at 195 / Bray lists 2 - that is still really good for a Region 1 weight class. Should be fun to see the Bunson / Shropshire semi match.

220 should be Hayes's weight class to own, but if Campbell can get to the finals and keep it close, watch out.

285 is another deep group of fairly decent wrestlers. Dont know how it will pan out, but Cuddebeck/Lawson in the quarters should be interesting. Ruth and Ariaza are two athletic big men that could do well also.

Championship matches

106 - Fagundes (GR) vs. Poore (SEY)

113 - Boatman (GR) vs. Whitaker (SE)

120 - Hurley (TN) vs. Dammann (SH)

126 - Armstrong (SS) vs. Vance (GR)

132 - Vaughn vs. Taylor (TN)

138 - Stooksbury (SEY) vs. Carlson (GR)

145 - Bagley (SH) vs.Callahan (EL)

152 - Begley (DB) vs. Porter (ME)

160 - Buck (EL) vs. Bond (GR)

170 - Brown (GR) vs. Caldwell (DB)

182 - Brown (JC) vs. Goins (SEV)

195 - Begley (DB) vs. Brunson (ME)

220 - Hayes (SH) vs. Campbell (DB)

285 - Cannon (SEY) vs. Lawson (VOL)

3rd/4th matches

106 - Bynum (DC) vs. Brockwell (SS)

113 - Hudgins (SH) vs. Kerlin (SD)

120 - Morris (HV) vs. Chase (SE)

126 - Williams (ME) vs. Lane (SH)

132 - Gobble (SS) vs. Shannon (JC)

138 - Evon (JC) vs. Hodge (SE)

145 - Frye (DB) vs. Cline (MW)

152 - Bryles (MW) vs. Bowman (GR)

160 - Jones (TN) vs. Hamilton (SEY)

170 - Elliot (SE) vs. Spangler (TN)

182 - Alston (SE) vs. Hardin (SH)

195 - Shropshire (DBNE) vs. Barnes (SEV)

220 - Hayde (JC) vs. Baldwin (SEY)

285 - Araiza (SEV) vs. Ruth (DB)

Porter over Broyles and Vance over Williams?? I have seen Broyles and Porter wrestle over the summer durring practices and it was a one sided affair in Broyles favor and I'm also not sold with Vance beating Williams at all. I agree with everything except for those two predictions, i just dont see them panning out that way.