Rhea County Football 2013

EagleLegend1

Oooooh, I am so sorry that I have offended your inept relatives. I can't believe you would suggest that I "man up" and go talk to them. I find it amusing that you would use the term "man" in the same sentence as the Rhea County Administration. If these clowns had a pair of testicles between them we would not be in this position today. My manhood is not the issue here.

So.....Its the administration....not Greene.....Its alot of wanna be chiefs....but I digress...I no longer have a dog in this hunt......he came home yesterday....... :popcorneater:

This thread is always fun. I agree with the politics affecting sports other than football in this county. Certain school board members and other members of RC DOE are way too involved in athletics in general. I am a fan of letting the AD and top principal of the school make the decision.

That being said, somebody throw out some names of potential candidates for the job. Everyone seems to have good things about Rhea County native Jerry Cook. Walt Cameron's name has came up (maybe in sarcasm, maybe not). Both have Rhea County ties and have since moved on to other schools. The only thing for certain is that interum coach Tommy Mitchell will not be the head coach in the fall. You can bet on that!

I've got 2 words for you........1) Taw 2)Jackson

Somebody please pick up the phone and make the call

I been tellin' you fellers for over a year that you need to give Owensby the head coach job. slaphead.gif

The man knows his football, and he can motivate the kids. Don't need some old fart in there.

I have to agree with the Troll on this one. When Owensby was at Bledsoe he did an outstanding job. I think some people will focus too much on his age and say his not ready, but believe me he is wise beyond his years and would give his all for the Eagles. I believe this is his dream job and would be someone that would stay around. You wouldn't have to worry about him looking for greener pastures and resigning at the drop of a hat. The Rhea county administration should give him some serious consideration

Hadn't heard much of you since the last coaching change. I assure you I am not related to anyone in administration. So either you got your little feelings hurt and had to move on or one of your relatives got the boot, Which ever I really don't care. Like I said if you got a problem deal with it or shut the *** up.

You are both wrong and right. You are correct that you don't hear much from me from coaching change to coaching change. I don't bash coaches or players, or get on Coach T to show everybody how much I know about offense, defense, conditioning, or whatever. You are wrong about why I get on Coach T, which is to remind people that there appears to be a structural problem at Rhea County that has little to do with coaches, players, or fans, but does have a lot to do with stability. I stand by that statement and you can tell me to shut the blankety-blankery up all the want but I have as much right to post on here as you do. I think I know why you want me to shut up but I will continue to post from time to time as I see fit.

Does anyone know if we are looking to have a coach in place to keep the current Spring practice schedule? This does not need to drag out into the summer as we will have kids skipping workouts and falling through the cracks. Considering all factors involved, I think Jerry Cook makes the most sense. Local guy, good coach, not a flight risk. Coach Greene said all of the right things but made no attempt to be a part of the community. Let's not forget to be supportive of these players because some of these boys will be playing for their 3rd coach in 4 years.