Congratulations to Bo Wallace!

TedLNancy

Tonight, Bo Wallace was awarded the "Conerly Trophy". This award was presented at a banquet in Jackson, Ms and is given annually to the top college football player in the State of Mississippi.

When Bo was a senior at Giles County, I thought he had SEC quarterback written all over him. He had to take a long road to get there, but he finally got his shot and steadily improved all year. What was even more impressive to me is that his shoulder was less than 100% for most of the season, and he still put up some big numbers against some great SEC teams. I made it down to Oxford to see the Rebels play both Texas and Mississippi State. The progress Bo made during the year was remarkable. At the Egg Bowl last weekend, he struggled with a few turnovers in the first half, and then lit up the field after half time.

Patrick Willis of Bruceton, Ole Miss and now the San Francisco 49'ers was the last Ole Miss player to win this award in 2006.

Great job Bo! I hope you can have 2 more great years in Oxford.

Edited by TedLNancy

• 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

How about Bo's performance tonight against Texas?  Few people in the state, outside of West Tennessee got to see it, since it was only on the Longhorn Network and a few stations in Mississippi and Memphis, but Bo had a great night.  In the second half, he lit up the Longhorn defense as Ole Miss rallied with 30 unanswered points to beat Texas 44-23.

Edited by TedLNancy