OK, Jokes over.....

Lost Old Dad

lost old dad always has to have something to complain about. He should change his screen name to "Angry Old Dad".

Yes, I am angry. I am angry that a great program has been brought down to being a run of the mill 4A level Metro Program.

Now what team are YOU a fan of or what position do you hold on Coach A's staff?

Anyone who actually knows me will tell you I am one of the happiest people you will ever meet. It does not make me happy being on here pointing out obvious points, but somebody has to do it. Folks that know me will also tell you that I will do what is necessary if it calls for it. I did not like it when I had to go to places like Vietnam, Grenada, Panama, and Iraq, but I did it. To me this is the same as it has to be done.

Yes, I am angry. I am angry that a great program has been brought down to being a run of the mill 4A level Metro Program.

Now what team are YOU a fan of or what position do you hold on Coach A's staff?

Anyone who actually knows me will tell you I am one of the happiest people you will ever meet. It does not make me happy being on here pointing out obvious points, but somebody has to do it. Folks that know me will also tell you that I will do what is necessary if it calls for it. I did not like it when I had to go to places like Vietnam, Grenada, Panama, and Iraq, but I did it. To me this is the same as it has to be done.

Each time you knock metro you knock a lot of us that you do not have a clue about. People outside of metro do not have any idea what it is like. We work our hind ends off day in and day out 365 days a year. I get to work two hours early each day and leave at least two hours late each day. That is at least four hours a day I do not get paid for. I do it for the kids, many of whom do not have the necessities of life that most take for granted. I spend more time with the kids than they do with their own families and more than I spend with my own family. I am a positive role model that these kids need each and every day. I teach them knowledge that they will use in the classroom, on the field, and in life.

Football wise you would not find a team that is working any harder than the one that I am a part of. We do pay attention to the finer details that you keep preaching about. We pay close attention to the little stuff because we know that it does matter.

Coach A may have come from metro but he is a Riverdale coach now. Comparing Coach A and Riverdale's program to metro continually is like comparing you to Obama. You both have served our country in one capacity or another. Same thing right?

Thank You Workinprogress for the hard work you put in, we need more role models like you willing to go out and do the work and not just talk about what needs to be done. You have to excuse LOD, he is the most knowledgable person and can do no wrong, and knows more about running a football program than Nick Saban, just ask him.

Edited by daisyssister

LOD: "Yes, I am angry. I am angry that a great program has been brought down to being a run of the mill 4A level Metro Program..... I did not like it when I had to go to places like Vietnam, Grenada, Panama, and Iraq, but I did it. To me this is the same as it has to be done."

Really?? Are you serious?? You diss Metro schools, coaches and kids??? You invoke your travel itinerary like we are supposed to be impressed?? Get a life man. You are losing it. Go check yourself in. What a jerk.

LOD: "Yes, I am angry. I am angry that a great program has been brought down to being a run of the mill 4A level Metro Program..... I did not like it when I had to go to places like Vietnam, Grenada, Panama, and Iraq, but I did it. To me this is the same as it has to be done."

Really?? Are you serious?? You diss Metro schools, coaches and kids??? You invoke your travel itinerary like we are supposed to be impressed?? Get a life man. You are losing it. Go check yourself in. What a jerk.

It wasn't a 'travel itinerary'. It was places I was SENT so you could play in peace and quiet. I suggest paying more attention in your history class.

Work in Progress, while I appreciate the time and effort Coaches put it, I still have to say they do it to THEMSELVES. They do this by taking the job in the first place. The time needed and the salary is known up front. Wanting to be 'stroked' more for doing it DOES have to do with EGOS.

It wasn't a 'travel itinerary'. It was places I was SENT so you could play in peace and quiet. I suggest paying more attention in your history class.

Work in Progress, while I appreciate the time and effort Coaches put it, I still have to say they do it to THEMSELVES. They do this by taking the job in the first place. The time needed and the salary is known up front. Wanting to be 'stroked' more for doing it DOES have to do with EGOS.

Not wanting any thank you's nor am I expecting them. However, I do not wish to be knocked either. I know the time, the money, the whole realm of expectations not only as a teacher but also as a coach. I love my job and rarely feel as if I am going to work. Rather, I get up excited about another day with my students and players. Crazy to think that someone would see this as a negative thing.

LOD: Oh I am well aware of American objectives and accomplishments in each of those conflicts; this Message Board is not the place for such a discussion. It is about High School football and a bunch of kids. Your service to this country while deeply respected, is no excuse to diss Metro's coaches, students and programs to somehow further your argument. My kids have been in both privates and publics with two state championships. I see Metro programs loaded with talent and coaches having special challenges in Metro. I admire them even though my boys never played in Metro.

Your program's dropoff is due to rapid population expansion in the county. For example, If Maryville, an excellent program, had to endure the same demographic challenges and did not have its open zone cloak, i feel their record would not be so storied. JMHO

• Upvote 1

Riverdale was not a state power before Rankin arrived and I bet if you check the records the current head coach has a better winning record than those before Rankin arrived. Therefore, it is safe to assume that while Riverdale is not like they were, they are better than they were. Coaching change? Not gonna happen.

Riverdale was not a state power before Rankin arrived and I bet if you check the records the current head coach has a better winning record than those before Rankin arrived. Therefore, it is safe to assume that while Riverdale is not like they were, they are better than they were. Coaching change? Not gonna happen.

GWAVE1, once again I am afraid you are right. It is just my frustration with a Coach that IF he did pay attention to details and would prepare the team for more than just 5 minutes ahead we could STILL be a power.

Now to wait for the 2013 campaign to see if I am wrong and do better than the 5-5 season I predicted. What is scary is the last time I prediced it, I was RIGHT!

For those who do not want to compare football with combat, you have evidently seen neither! Football prepares you for war and vice versa. If it was 'touchy-feely' like you want it would be Basketball!

Merry Christmas Y'all. I am thru for this season. I got next season to prepare for.