OK, Jokes over.....

Lost Old Dad

LOD: "For those who do not want to compare football with combat, you have evidently seen neither! Football prepares you for war and vice versa. If it was 'touchy-feely' like you want it would be Basketball!"

I was actually enjoying your post till this comment. You were not comparing football to war. I agree there are a lot of similarities, you were dissing Metro schools and their kids. I would have a lot more respect for u if had just apologized for the off-the-cuff remark but your ego is too big for that which figures when you wanted to list your tours. Anyway, Merry Christmas and try to stay positive on Riverdale for next year.

LOD: "For those who do not want to compare football with combat, you have evidently seen neither! Football prepares you for war and vice versa. If it was 'touchy-feely' like you want it would be Basketball!"

I was actually enjoying your post till this comment. You were not comparing football to war. I agree there are a lot of similarities, you were dissing Metro schools and their kids. I would have a lot more respect for u if had just apologized for the off-the-cuff remark but your ego is too big for that which figures when you wanted to list your tours. Anyway, Merry Christmas and try to stay positive on Riverdale for next year.

I WOULD apologize if I thought I was wrong. Unfortunately I think the State of 'Metro' football is not a threat to the surrounding counties.

Whether it is lack of parental participation, funds, or whatever the 'threat from them is just not there. It is the acceptance of 'mediocraty' that I have no respect for. Unfortunately Coach A brought that with him when he came from Hillsboro. This along with trying to be a 'friend' instead of a tough disicipliarian coach was NOT what was needed. While this is a 'must' in Metro, it is NOT necessary in the surrounding counties.

What we have is basically a difference of opinion that neither of us will budge from. While I do understand where you are coming from and respect that 'opinion', it does not mean I have to agree with it. If that makes you mad, then I am sorry for that, but NOT the OPINION.

Could it be that Coach A is handicapped cause he doesn't have the athletes to run his system?

A 'GOOD' Coach adapts his 'system' to match the players he has. The one thing that was suppose to be necessary was a good O-line. He had that in the year they ALL got D1 offers and he could NOT even win with that.

As to Obama, I haven't laughed at ANYTHING he has done since taking office. I am treating his term the same way I treated the Jimmy Carter one. With complete DISDANE!