For informational purposes only.

I also just heard something else about this game which is really disturbing.....I heard that the officials put the 7 or so seconds back on the clock after a part of the tv crew alerted them to the fact during a Whitehaven time out on their last drive....I did not know we could use a tv crew to review the official time keeper....In that case, I wished we could have used the tv cameras to review the bogus call on the 2 point play too.....Just reporting what I heard....TFWIW....

I reviewed this on the broadcast video earlier.

Whitehaven ran the ball and the whistle blew at 18 secs on the clock. The clock continued to 16 secs left before it was stopped for the time out. If time needed to be added, it would only have been 1 or 2 secs. After spotting the ball and as Whitehaven approached the ball, the linesman blew his whistle, met with the Referee and then they reset the game clock to 23.7 secs. (Where that info came from, Idk, but you could see the sideline "officials" with the pullover stripes talking about the clock during the timeout.) After the 7 secs were added back, you then see Whitehaven rehuddle giving the appearance of changing the play because they had more clock time (the tv announcers even commented on this).

IMO, this was a poorly managed game by the officials all the way through. They must have had to reset the play clock 8-10 times. This must have been a "senority" based assignment rather than a "performance" based assignment. I don't think they were one sided at all. I just think they were in way over their heads on management of the game. The 6A championship game deserved better. (not saying the other classes shouldn't have the best too)

Edited by OldRebel2

Stars I have no issues with you ..btw my dads nickname was Bubba.. So is my nephew who plays football at Oklahoma State. Don't have issues with talking about the call but I have read pepvol write on many occasion " oh so now you are blaming it on the refs" . and yet he complains but its ok since he includes in his post that maryvilles 4 turnovers cost you the game . they did not ...14 points scored on each sides turnovers. It's just amazing how life gives us moments to walk in other people shoes if we just take time to see that. He is the first one to Jump on anyone for doing that and he has certainly been the ring leader on this one. When I am a hypocrit on here , which I am certain to me .. Feel free to call me out on it

OK , now is one of those times you're being a hypocrite on here .... you have nothing to do with either team , you have seen me Congratulate Whitehaven , and wish them well and I hope we can both play again next year , I have stated several times we're not using that play call as an excuse , I have said I agree with Coach Quarles in that having 4 turnovers had a lot more to do with us losing the game ... none of that is good enough for you , apparently you have assigned yourself to be Dudley Doo Right and correct any wrong you think you may see on Maryville threads . I don't see you attacking George Quarles for mentioning the turnovers like I did ...

The fact that Dudley Doo Right didn't think he had to perform his heroic duties of correcting all wrongs on a Maryville thread when Dehaven5 was on here saying Maryville Sucks , or the Senator when he called us Racists and Richie Cunninghams tells me you have saved your heroic Super powers of righting all that is wrong on a thread you have nothing to do with , for me only ..... I guess I should feel special .... yet I can't help but feel it is nothing more than a personal thing for you and you just don't like me because at one time or another I have disagreed with you thinking the Private schools are vastly superior to us Richie Cunningham East Tn schools .

Take your holier than thou attitude back to the DII section and work on using your Super Powers to buy you better players to keep up with that enormous Ensworth Payroll . It actually makes me feel good knowing that I am in your head so bad you're obsessing over me like you are , and also I'm sure that back when you played there was no Internet or Coach T to discuss the games , were they ? have a good day !! And BLESS YOUR HEART !! :mrgreen:

Edited by pepvol

I feel for you guys.....I really do. I've seen all kinds of crazy performances from officials over the years...they are human beings and make mistakes. I've seen games where the refs just decide not to call anything on either side; seen games where they decide to call everything on either side. I can honestly say, I have never seen a ref actively make a call that is contrary to what the rule is on such a critical play. No interpretation; no "well, that's what I saw." Just flat out did not know the rules. Crazy.

Really, who wants to win that way? It's unfair to both sides.

• Upvote 1

I feel for you guys.....I really do. I've seen all kinds of crazy performances from officials over the years...they are human beings and make mistakes. I've seen games where the refs just decide not to call anything on either side; seen games where they decide to call everything on either side. I can honestly say, I have never seen a ref actively make a call that is contrary to what the rule is on such a critical play. No interpretation; no "well, that's what I saw." Just flat out did not know the rules. Crazy.

Really, who wants to win that way? It's unfair to both sides.

Thanks brbb...Maybe it would be more appropiate to say "well, that's what I WANTED to see".....If this guy (Gary Darden) officiates another game in the TSSAA, the credibility, integrity, and fair play of secondary school's athletics in Tennessee just might as well be the same title as an old Cheech and Chong movie I once saw.......Anybody else remember "Up In Smoke"????......

Edited by STARSNBARS

Well guys here's another angle of #50 on the 3 yardline...the ball in flight....and Gary standing there looking for something to call... :angry: ....Click on image to make larger!!!....A view of total incompetence!!!!....Or not wanting the White team to win!!!

Wow, stars! That's a great view. He looks like he's only on the two.....that really is terrible

Dang S&B, You've got all kinds of resources. This picture is perfectly clear (as to the play). It looks like the Umpire is already reaching for his flag. Maybe he is anticipating the need to make (up) call, huh?

OR2 good to haiv reesoarces.....Yeah maybe so....Butt he was caught by the eye in the sky....and hopefully banished from the world of high school officiating....A guy like that has no business calling any game!