West Tennessee's Best Rivalries

BTWSheriff

In the early 90's the best was Denmark West-Haywood. Those were classic games. During the mid 90's-late 90's JCM vs. Northside had classic games in front of thousands of fans. 2000 rolled around and it was Bolivar-SS with the classic games, then Bolivar-Liberty with the classic games....2cents

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the early 90's the best was Denmark West-Haywood. Those were classic games. During the mid 90's-late 90's JCM vs. Northside had classic games in front of thousands of fans. 2000 rolled around and it was Bolivar-SS with the classic games, then Bolivar-Liberty with the classic games....2cents

Don't forget Denmark West/Middleton if we're strolling down memory lane,they had some epic battles from back in the late 70's until Denmark closed.

If you've never been to one it can't be explained fully in words...if you had,you wouldn't have had to ask.

In defense of what "soccerpimp" said, I went down to Memphis a couple of years ago for one of these Memphis "rivalry" games and it was probably the biggest and best atmosphere I've ever been apart of for a high school basketball game. It was White Station/Ridgeway, Joe Jackson versus Tarik Black and I must say, if all Memphis rivalries live up to that hype, Bolivar and Liberty don't come close. The game was at White Station and I'm guessing White Station's gym seats about 5000-6000 people.... of course that was full and there were people standing all over the place.

As for rural West Tenn., of course nothing beats a Bolivar/Liberty game.

Edited by GCPioneer

Come to Briarcrest tomm and Arlington high all day and watch real basketball Memphis style... I just can't see how any games in the date compare to the big Memphis games which have several d1 college guys playing on the floor against them

Poll the kids at those games to find out who they hate losing to most...you'll get serveral different answers most likely,and they change from year to year.Ask anyone at Bolivar or Liberty that question...If I just want to watch great players,I'll buy a Grizzlies ticket.Rivalrie to me means Boston/Lakers,Carolina/Duke,UConn/Lady Vols,and Bolivar/Liberty. Edited by tradertwo