Charlie High

lovemesomehsfb

There are a lot of guys 6'3 thy can do the same things that High can do and they don't live in the great state of Tennessee. I genuinely do hope this young man gets his chance to play and succeed at the next level

I guess my question would be if High can do the things that taller qb's can do... why does it matter what his height is???

I guess my question would be if High can do the things that taller qb's can do... why does it matter what his height is???

I suppose the concern would be 1. seeing over the 6-5 O line and D line to make the plays in major college ball, and 2. Not being big enough to take the inevitable hits of major college ball. That is why I think it is critical that he goes to a program where his skill set would be utilized and the drawbacks of his height and weight would be minimized.

I suppose the concern would be 1. seeing over the 6-5 O line and D line to make the plays in major college ball, and 2. Not being big enough to take the inevitable hits of major college ball. That is why I think it is critical that he goes to a program where his skill set would be utilized and the drawbacks of his height and weight would be minimized.

He obviously could see over CAK's line and they weren't exactly small. He will be fine in D1 ball. In the end it all comes down to results.... and he flat produces, bottom line!!!

In my spreadsheet I have every active NFL QB sorted by Height and Experience

Wilson: 5'11" Rookie SEA

Moore: 6' Rookie DET

Brees: 6' 12 Years NO

Daniel: 6' 4 Years NO

Vick: 6' 11 Years PHI

Taylor: 6'1" 2 Years BAL

Thigpen: 6'1" 6 Years BUF

Gradkowski: 6'1" 7 Years CIN

McCoy: 6'1" 3 Years CLE

Grossman: 6'1" 10 Years WAS

There are 86 active NFL QBs. Out of the 86 the ones above are the only QBs that are smaller than 6'2". From my stats, Average Height for an NFL QB is 6'3"-6'4"

The top teams in the NFL are being led by QBs that are 6'4" or 6'5" Out of the 86 QBs over 90% Came from Large D1 FBS schools. Also ever QB weighed over 200 lbs.

It is possible for a smaller QB to be drafted in this day in age even though the average athlete is getting bigger. In order for a person smaller than 6' to even sniff the NFL they need to be the best. As for college level and the debate at hand about High. He has a physical disadvantage which will hurt his chances of getting a good D1 scholarship. That being said he definitely has the tools to play at the next level, if not a for a small FBS team than definitely for an FCS team.

Judging from the stats, 5'11 175lbs Doesn't cut it in the big leagues. And for the people talking about Manziel, he is 6'1". Also most QBs in College and NFL take more sacks in 3 games than High has taken all year probably.

Edited by EHSTrack06

You guys are coming up with exceptions to the rule when you mention Brees and Manziel. To mention High in the same sentence as these guys is laughable.

I don't think anyone is indicating that High is at the same level as Drew Brees. Did you really think that is what they are saying? Really? Their point is that height is not always a determiner of whether someone can compete in major college football. I can't believe I had to explain that.

Why did High not participate in All-Star game? If he had surgery, he should have put it off another week. A lot of people would like to have seen what he could do in a "real" (real=conventional) offense.

He may have done himself an injustice by not playing.

Stockstill is a player, though.

Shoulder injury he played with much of the season got aggravated in state championship game, so he would not have been at his best and might have done himself even more of a disservice by playing. Any coaches who might be interested have had plenty of opportunities to see him play against high quality competition--including two games against Alcoa this year for example. If they're not convinced he can play at their level by how he performed in those two games, they're not going to suddenly change their minds based on an all-star game where each team has had three days of practice.

Another consideration is this--the OL's that get put together for such games are full of studs, but studs who haven't played together as a unit. And they're having to block studs across the line on DL. An OL that hasn't played together as a unit is more likely to allow the QB to take some licks, thereby increasing the possibility of making an existing injury even worse.

I understand your point, but on balance I believe the right decision was made on this.