Charlie High

lovemesomehsfb

Did High make any of the high school ALL-American teams?

Yes. I just learned he made the MaxPrep All American Team for mid-level sized schools. Davis Howell, receiver, also made the MaxPrep All American Team. Congratulations to both! They are CAK's first ever football All American's and very deserving I might add. Interestingly, neither of our 2 All Americans have received much interest from the D1's, but our 2 players that are committed to D1's didn't make All American. I'm glad that being recruited by D1's wasn't a prerequisite for being named high school All American. At least these 2 kids have been recognized for their tremendous level of play at the high school level. It just goes to show that in addition to your contributions on the field you've got to fit a physical template on size and speed to get to the D1 level. There are always exceptions to the rule, and I would like to think High and Howell would have been the exceptions, but right now it doesn't look that way unless they choose to walk-on at a D1.

Edited by FootballDad