Time for play review @ The State Championships

FBEmeritus

We don't need no danged reviews in high school football.

The T$$AA did comment, and their comment was a joke. http://www.coacht.co...e.cfm?id=412990

What we need are accountable officials organizations. Their performance should be reviewed by their organization. If an official has a pattern of bad calls, he should be remediated or let go.

Agreed...no replay needed. Leave high school the way it is. Blown calls are part of it.

I think what we are forgetting is that when a game is fixed, it is fixed. Not anything we can do about it. It happens for what ever reason from time to time. NFL , college, hs it happens everywhere. For example, look at the Notre Dame games this year. On at least 3 occasions the team they were playing beat them if the game had been on the up and up. But somehow the reviews and flags or lack of flags allowed them to steal the games. Minnesota vs. Saints a few years back is a classic example of how the NFL wanted the Saints in the Superbowl and it was going and did happen. If the two point play would have stood the game was still been given to whitehaven some way, flags no flags whatever. It was fixed.

:popcorneater:

tssaa needs more officials on the field too. the defensive ends have nobody watching them at all. that is why you can hold the crap out of an end and it not get called. I know the schools would have to pay and the associations struggle to get officials but we need atleast six officials on the field in addition to the clock operators. play clocks should be mandatory also.

Bump you still have the silver ball

And you're still " That Guy " . Maryville's had a lot of Haters before , winning does that , but now we have one who claims he Played at Notre Dame :mrgreen: ! I'm sure that experience has given you all the proper tools that are required to do your little "nanny nanny noo noo" dances in front of the Maryville kids with their Siver Ball . Wow if we could all just aspire to Greatness like Notredame66 does then we could end up on a High School Message board taking shots at the most successful High School Football program in Tennessee State history ... We can all only dream I guess .... lol

One word of caution there as a new " Maryville hater " .... Patience ... Patience ... Patience .... just like Bladerunner found out this year , if you wait long enough , Maryville will lose again ... it happens every 2 or 3 years , and I know that can make for really tough times for you haters , but if you wait long enough .... it just makes it that much sweeter when you gleefully do your Happy dance that those 15,16,17 & 18 year old Boys finally lost a game ... True greatness like you guys come for those who wait !! :mrgreen:

And you're still " That Guy " . Maryville's had a lot of Haters before , winning does that , but now we have one who claims he Played at Notre Dame :mrgreen: ! I'm sure that experience has given you all the proper tools that are required to do your little "nanny nanny noo noo" dances in front of the Maryville kids with their Siver Ball . Wow if we could all just aspire to Greatness like Notredame66 does then we could end up on a High School Message board taking shots at the most successful High School Football program in Tennessee State history ... We can all only dream I guess .... lol

One word of caution there as a new " Maryville hater " .... Patience ... Patience ... Patience .... just like Bladerunner found out this year , if you wait long enough , Maryville will lose again ... it happens every 2 or 3 years , and I know that can make for really tough times for you haters , but if you wait long enough .... it just makes it that much sweeter when you gleefully do your Happy dance that those 15,16,17 & 18 year old Boys finally lost a game ... True greatness like you guys come for those who wait !! :mrgreen:

In light of tragic events I will be nice

Edited by notredame66

In light of tragic events I will be nice

Well I'll be nice too and point out the fact that you have definitely Congratulated our boys on that Silver Ball more than any other poster , so ..... thanks ! Silver and Gold , Silver and Gold , Gold , Gold , Gold , Gold , Gold , Gold ....etc .... see it even puts you in the Christmas Spirit ! :mrgreen:

They are from the Clarksville area. Most of the guys on the crew are good guys and know the rules. The one who threw the flag doesn't and shouldn't be out there. A lot of coaches in the games he calls don't like him and know they are in for a long night when he is out there.

Since we know Gary Darden is a bad official now I have a question. Why did he get to officiate a state title game? You would think only the best officiating crew would get to officiate state title games.

Since we know Gary Darden is a bad official now I have a question. Why did he get to officiate a state title game? You would think only the best officiating crew would get to officiate state title games.

I do not know for sure, but here's what I believe. Associations are "granted" playoff games and state championship games by the TSSAA by some method. ( I believe a lot of it has to do with a rotation, not necessarily merit). Then the local association is in charge of the individual assignment.

Herein lies the problem, IMO. I would bet that seniority or who you know within the association has more to do with the assignment rather than individual ability or merit. If this is not the case and merit determined the members of the crew that called the 6A game, then the Clarksville association must have very marginal officials. If I was an official in the Clarksville association, I'd be embarrassed by the "call" and the poor game management (as a whole) which gave the entire association a black eye. IMO.

Edited by OldRebel2

I do not know for sure, but here's what I believe. Associations are "granted" playoff games and state championship games by the TSSAA by some method. ( I believe a lot of it has to do with a rotation, not necessarily merit). Then the local association is in charge of the individual assignment.

Herein lies the problem, IMO. I would bet that seniority or who you know within the association has more to do with the assignment rather than individual ability or merit. If this is not the case and merit determined the members of the crew that called the 6A game, then the Clarksville association must have very marginal officials. If I was an official in the Clarksville association, I'd be embarrassed by the "call" and the poor game management (as a whole) which gave the entire association a black eye. IMO.

I wonder if anyone from the Clarksville association would like to comment. I bet there will not be a peep.

Anyone???