Seymour at Grainger

CoachC19

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seymour was without their starting PG who didnt travel with the team due to illness, not saying Seymour would have won with her...but she is a spark for that team and that team goes how she goes

Grainger has been without their starting PG all season long. She is recovering from ACL and is starting to play a few minutes. Only played last night after outcome was decided.

I have seen Grainger play several games now....This team plays really well together. And with only two seniors. This is a junior led team... Allison Hodge (jr) is the leader on this team. I was at this game I think she scored 18 points. Just a defensive beast... I bet she blocked 6 - 8 shots.... It seems this team is really focused. They have several good three point shooter...but they don't live off it. This team is really flying under the radar here. I still don't think they have peaked yet.. WOW!!!!

I agree. I saw them play earlier in the season and a girl named Blake scored 36 points. This could well be the team to beat in State Tourney this year. They are certainly by far better than anything I have seen in East Tenn this year and that includes all the Imac teams , all the Knoxville area teams and all the Upper East Tenn. teams with the possible exception of Science Hill. And their very fast point guard has not even played yet except for a few minutes at the end of the last game.

I have seen grainger in a few games, but would not say the team to beat in state tournament. They looked vulnerable in the chuckey doak game. When they play their A game, an opponent will have problems. The thing to remember is a few teams out there will be difficult to beat on their home floor during region and sectional games (elizabethton, fulton, cak).