9AAA in 2013

REDSMAN

I am saying that if we threw one of our better pitchers we'd be able to compete with any 9AAA team in a single game. I said our 1-3 pitchers because I feel we have 3 pitchers who would do good throwing against AAA competition. If we throw anyone else then we get smoked unless the team we were playing was throwing someone who is just average

actually there's little or no difference in pitchers 1-4 at FC. Godwin is the clear #1 based on last 2 yrs results. Swindoll & Remus are Srs and solid 2 &3 but jr Mike Hawks got the win vs Beech and has pitched as well as anyone this season. Of course if you remember correctly, commanderman, Sr Caleb Snider has beaten multiple AAA programs the past 4 yrs as well as some top A programs. FC is undefeated two yrs running vs 9AAA. Kudos to the teams that schedule them.

Think a little harder, 9AAA is down no doubt, but did you see Beech's number one pitcher? MJ did. 90% of the time MJ plays we see the other teams number one pitcher. Today we faced a kid that signed at Wake Forrest.... What happened when FCS went to Florida and saw good pitching..... yea that's what I thought , you got spanked. apples and oranges....

please set down your black & gold shaded glasses daddy Illini. FC hardly got spanked losing to 6a Clinton MS 1-0 in 8 inn, 8-7 to 3a Houston high (who has owned MJ in baseball), foley Al, and another 6 a school for MS. Last yr FC won the same tournament. If you want to talk spanked look at that MJ vs little old Jackson Christian a former 1a school earlier this yr. MJ has over 1200 students while Jackson Christian has less than 400 like FC.

actually there's little or no difference in pitchers 1-4 at FC. Godwin is the clear #1 based on last 2 yrs results. Swindoll & Remus are Srs and solid 2 &3 but jr Mike Hawks got the win vs Beech and has pitched as well as anyone this season. Of course if you remember correctly, commanderman, Sr Caleb Snider has beaten multiple AAA programs the past 4 yrs as well as some top A programs. FC is undefeated two yrs running vs 9AAA. Kudos to the teams that schedule them.

Well we all have opinions so I guess we'll just disagree. Although Snider has beaten AAA programs he's a very inconsistent pitcher because he doesn't have good enough stuff to get a lot of outs when he doesn't have great control. I haven't seen Michael pitch so I don't know about that, but I always thought he was gonna be pretty good. We may be undefeated against 9AAA teams the last two years, but how many have thrown their aces against us? Also the bottom half of 9AAA is always bad. I hate to say it, but we're not as good as MJ, sure I think we could beat them, but that doesn't mean we're the better team. I wish we played MJ every year cause they could give us a challenge every year. I'd say they would win more then we would, but it'd make us better. I would also like playing WC again like we used to. They're program is going to be good in a year or two. I couldn't care less about playing Lebanon, but at least they will play us

With all the D1 talent MJ has produced on the mound the last few years, Illini what do you think has been the reason there's no gold baseball sitting at MJHS? I'll be sipping on this lime infused shine waiting for your reply.

Team sport maybe? Maybe you should hold off from drinking until after you get off of here. If MJ and FCS played 10 games FCS MIGHT win 2 of them. SIP ON THAT!

With all the D1 talent MJ has produced on the mound the last few years, Illini what do you think has been the reason there's no gold baseball sitting at MJHS? I'll be sipping on this lime infused shine waiting for your reply.

Well, as you know it's a tough road to get to the state tourney for any team. Getting there means something. Why MJ has not won the final game? Well in AAA ball most all the teams that make it to the tourney have great pitching. Farragut, Houston, Arlington, Riverdale , Columbia etc... I would say that when you are dealing with 16-18 year olds anything can happen regardless of their talent. I would think our record the past 12 years and the fact that we do produce a lot of next level players speaks well of the program. But I can really not give a reason why we have not won it all I do know that the competition at this level is tough.

• Upvote 1

please set down your black & gold shaded glasses daddy Illini. FC hardly got spanked losing to 6a Clinton MS 1-0 in 8 inn, 8-7 to 3a Houston high (who has owned MJ in baseball), foley Al, and another 6 a school for MS. Last yr FC won the same tournament. If you want to talk spanked look at that MJ vs little old Jackson Christian a former 1a school earlier this yr. MJ has over 1200 students while Jackson Christian has less than 400 like FC.

Do you ever think about what you are posting? On one hand you boast about your 9AAA wins and then on the other hand give the excuse that the teams that beat you , beat you because they were larger schools.

You seem to want to attack me every season , comparing FCS and MJ. As I had said before I think FCS has a good team. Do you really think I am going to post on a public message board that I think FCS is better than the team that my sons play for? I think every one on this board knows who I am but for your benefit I will offer my email to you and we can have a discussion about what seems to be bugging you in a more personal way. davidsmithmj@hotmail.com

As far as little ole Jackson Christian beating MJ, they did , they deserved to win, they played a better game. JC is a good team I think their record is 19-2 ?

Do you think I am here to defend 9AAA baseball? I'm not here to bash FC. I tell you what how about this , "I think FCS could beat any AAA team in the state on any given night." did you get a warm and fuzzy?

Edited by FightinIllini

Beech has played both MJ and FCS this year. They beat MJ 3-0 as Carroll, their #1, threw a four hitter. They lost to FCS 4-2 throwing their # 4 pitcher. FCS is a very good A team. They should compete for the state championship every year by taking AAA talent and competing against A talent in the playoffs. I think that if MJ and FCS played 10 games, MJ wins 7. FCS wouldn't win 9 AAA this year, nor would they have won it in any of the recent previous years. Not a knock against FCS, they have a great program that they should be proud of. I can't blame MJ for not playing FCS. Beech has the same deal with JP2. There are at least 3 Sr starters at JP2 that would be starting at Beech this year if they had not been recruited away as 8th graders. A total of 9 athletes were recruited away that year. The Beech admin said they would not play JP2 while they were openly recruiting their players.

Edited by tandem

Beech has played both MJ and FCS this year. They beat MJ 3-0 as Carroll, their #1, threw a four hitter. They lost to FCS 4-2 throwing their # 4 pitcher. FCS is a very good A team. They should compete for the state championship every year by taking AAA talent and competing against A talent in the playoffs. I think that if MJ and FCS played 10 games, MJ wins 7. FCS wouldn't win 9 AAA this year, nor would they have won it in any of the recent previous years. Not a knock against FCS, they have a great program that they should be proud of. I can't blame MJ for not playing FCS. Beech has the same deal with JP2. There are at least 3 Sr starters at JP2 that would be starting at Beech this year if they had not been recruited away as 8th graders. A total of 9 athletes were recruited away that year. The Beech admin said they would not play JP2 while they were openly recruiting their players.

very good post.

Do you ever think about what you are posting? On one hand you boast about your 9AAA wins and then on the other hand give the excuse that the teams that beat you , beat you because they were larger schools.

You seem to want to attack me every season , comparing FCS and MJ. As I had said before I think FCS has a good team. Do you really think I am going to post on a public message board that I think FCS is better than the team that my sons play for? I think every one on this board knows who I am but for your benefit I will offer my email to you and we can have a discussion about what seems to be bugging you in a more personal way. davidsmithmj@hotmail.com

As far as little ole Jackson Christian beating MJ, they did , they deserved to win, they played a better game. JC is a good team I think their record is 19-2 ?

Do you think I am here to defend 9AAA baseball? I'm not here to bash FC. I tell you what how about this , "I think FCS could beat any AAA team in the state on any given night." did you get a warm and fuzzy?

Still waiting on that email

Team sport maybe? Maybe you should hold off from drinking until after you get off of here. If MJ and FCS played 10 games FCS MIGHT win 2 of them. SIP ON THAT!

I didn't say anything about FCS baseball, I asked FightinIllini about MJ's state tourney troubles, you should have paid more attention in English class when the subject matter was Basic Reading Comprehension

Just a quick update, I hear tell that the MJ jv run ruled FCS jv.... how could this be? how.....could this be? must have been a fluke.

Holy cow, are you serious? You are going to post about a freaking JV game that means virtually nothing. Especially when MJ's team is comprised of sophomores and FC's is made up of almost entirely freshmen. You need to stop with all the backhanded complements and condescension towards FC and worry more about staying in the good graces of the MJ faithful.