9AAA in 2013

REDSMAN

I didn't say anything about FCS baseball, I asked FightinIllini about MJ's state tourney troubles, you should have paid more attention in English class when the subject matter was Basic Reading Comprehension

I have absolutely nothing against FCS but you have in the past and continue to put down MJ athletics down. You asked a question on a board about MJ baseball and I answered it. You bring up about me paying more attention in school? Are you that stupid to ask such a question as you did or were you attempting to put MJ athletics down once again? Both would be my guess. Since you brought up English class and basic reading you might want to check your sentence carefully Mr. Comma Happy! Edited by MJpride

I have absolutely nothing against FCS but you have in the past and continue to put down MJ athletics down. You asked a question on a board about MJ baseball and I answered it. You bring up about me paying more attention in school? Are you that stupid to ask such a question as you did or were you attempting to put MJ athletics down once again? Both would be my guess. Since you brought up English class and basic reading you might want to check your sentence carefully Mr. Comma Happy!

I know FightinIllini and asked him for his opinion about MJ's troubles in the state tournament. You replied that if FCS and MJ played 10 times FCS MIGHT win 2. Your response had absolutely nothing to do with my question. You took a shot at FCS which isn't even my school, I'm a Cosby Eagle man myself.

Beech has played both MJ and FCS this year. They beat MJ 3-0 as Carroll, their #1, threw a four hitter. They lost to FCS 4-2 throwing their # 4 pitcher. FCS is a very good A team. They should compete for the state championship every year by taking AAA talent and competing against A talent in the playoffs. I think that if MJ and FCS played 10 games, MJ wins 7. FCS wouldn't win 9 AAA this year, nor would they have won it in any of the recent previous years. Not a knock against FCS, they have a great program that they should be proud of. I can't blame MJ for not playing FCS. Beech has the same deal with JP2. There are at least 3 Sr starters at JP2 that would be starting at Beech this year if they had not been recruited away as 8th graders. A total of 9 athletes were recruited away that year. The Beech admin said they would not play JP2 while they were openly recruiting their players.

No dog in the hunt here, but "taking AAA talent and winning against A talent" is not exactly an accurate statement. Let's not make FCS out to be CPA. They have had a winning traditon in baseball for quite some time, and some parents choose to send their kids there over MJ, WC, and Lebanon. It's not like 7 of their 9 starters were recruited into the school.

I understand MJ not playing FCS and Beech not playing JPII. However, Beech has open zone in Sumner County, and have the highest amount of out of county transfers due to their location and church affiliation. Not saying it's wrong or right, but Beech has had several kids over the years that attended the school under the open zone policy and paying the 2500.00 out of county fee.

I didn't say anything about FCS baseball, I asked FightinIllini about MJ's state tourney troubles, you should have paid more attention in English class when the subject matter was Basic Reading Comprehension

Think it was a fair question, and not taking a swipe at MJ athletics. MJ athletics are one of the top programs around in football, girls basketball, boys basketball (depending on the year), baseball and softball.

In fairness, in football they do have to go through Whitehaven and Maryville which is a little different animal that Trousdale County and Adamsville or Dresden.

No dog in the hunt here, but "taking AAA talent and winning against A talent" is not exactly an accurate statement. Let's not make FCS out to be CPA. They have had a winning traditon in baseball for quite some time, and some parents choose to send their kids there over MJ, WC, and Lebanon. It's not like 7 of their 9 starters were recruited into the school.

I understand MJ not playing FCS and Beech not playing JPII. However, Beech has open zone in Sumner County, and have the highest amount of out of county transfers due to their location and church affiliation. Not saying it's wrong or right, but Beech has had several kids over the years that attended the school under the open zone policy and paying the 2500.00 out of county fee.

ive been fairly familiar with the Beech athletic program for the last 6-8 yrs and am only familiar with one significant out of county contributor, and that is in softball. You may be more familiar with the program than I am, but I can't think of any in the big three sports.

Holy cow, are you serious? You are going to post about a freaking JV game that means virtually nothing. Especially when MJ's team is comprised of sophomores and FC's is made up of almost entirely freshmen. You need to stop with all the backhanded complements and condescension towards FC and worry more about staying in the good graces of the MJ faithful.

. Well the varsity doesn't play each other. I have an interest in the jv team . It's not my fault you don't have any soph's. I have not made backhanded complements about FCS. Your faithful are the ones boosting and posting about you 9AAA victories on a 9AAA thread. Your faithful are the ones that come on this thread trying bait MJ fans into the non stop banter about FCS being the premier sports school in the county. I will say this at least you know I am , I have no problem posting my opinions openly, I do not hide behind a screen name and tell people what they ought to do.

Got to hand it to Hville last night, we lost 4-3, they were down, came back and won.......and wow talk about heckling players, Hville had quite a rowdy group till we went up 3-1, quiet after that. But it was their student body NOT the players, in fact Hvilles first baseman at the time apologized to one of our players while there was a time out and they were both at first. That is true class in a ball player. A stand up young man right there. We have them at home today, two pretty even teams, good luck to us both.

ive been fairly familiar with the Beech athletic program for the last 6-8 yrs and am only familiar with one significant out of county contributor, and that is in softball. You may be more familiar with the program than I am, but I can't think of any in the big three sports.

I can name a few over the last several years that were out of county.

I can also name several that were zoned for other Sumner County Schools, but attended Beech.

My point is that sometimes public schools should not cry foul over some players attending a private school. BHS has done fine with the players they have in and outside their zone.