Spring Hill Coaching Job

jklivin

I have no hard information to go by. I believe Jason Hoath will end up with the job. Although there are more experienced and more qualified candiates I feel that Principal Callahan will attempt to "redeem" himself with this hire. Richard is very near to retiring and football has taken a very deep decline under his tenure. This does not sit well with him even though some could argue that he is ultimately to blame. That being said he is and always has been big on hiring alumni. Not only is Jason Hoath the "biggest" name for Spring Hill fans he is probably the most popular of the candidates as well. If Jason comes in and does well over the next 10 years Callahan can feel very good about what will be his last football coaching hire. And if Jason does not do well Spring Hill people will have a hard time blaming Mr. Callahan for making the hire. Jason makes the most sense for Richard to hire because it is a win-win regardless of the outcome.

Good for Coach Hoath - I hope he gets it then!

Jason Hoath would be a popular hire, but until the athletic culture at SHHS changes to encourage multi-sport athletes; the football program may continue to struggle.

You hit the name right on the head and it has been that way since Roy Vick left. Say what you like about the man, he ran a tight ship and didn't allow a lot of the crap that goes on now. SHHS is way too small for kids to specialize in one sport. If they don't share athletes they lose.

You hit the name right on the head and it has been that way since Roy Vick left. Say what you like about the man, he ran a tight ship and didn't allow a lot of the crap that goes on now. SHHS is way too small for kids to specialize in one sport. If they don't share athletes they lose.

Only 1 winning season in football since Principal Vick retired in '98-'99............................... :?:

Very keen insight in regards to Roy Vick. Some people didn't like him (mostly those who were lazy or didn't do their jobs) but he knew how to run a school.

Aaron Hoath (Jason's brother) is not a certified teacher. He is a volunteer assitant and a heck of a good one at that. His work at Central with there strength and conditioning cannot be overlooked in their success. His is incredibly passionate (borderline insane ^_^ ) and the kids love him. He will no doubt follow Jason if he gets the job.

The lack of multi sport athletes is more on the kids than the school. It is that way nationwide. Baseball, basketball, and football are year around sports and require year around commitments. Coach Lamb (baseball) has no issue with his kids playing football and I know in the past he has even encouraged some to do so. Coach Young (basketball) not so much, but if a kid wants to play football he certainly will not tell them no. He will however let them know it could effect there playing time because of missed practices etc. etc.

Mt. Pleasant has produced as much D1 talent and had as much success as the majority of 2 & 3 A schools in this area. A coach would be crazy to not want to coach there.

I agree MtP has some talent and success from time to time, but wasn't aware they produced alot of D1 talent.

Who they sent to D1 teams recently?

I didn't necessarily say they have had talent to sign D1, but the ability is there. Harlan, before his issue, was a D1 prospect. Tiny Richardson, who got stolen away by Ensworth, is from there. Marco Dailey was a special talent, not sure where or if he signed anywhere. He did bring in some Mr. Football awards. I saw their basketball team play recently. They could easily compete in 12-AA, and that's without Harlan. Athletes all over the place there.

I doubt Herzog would apply for a 1A position. I don't know much about Duncan.

I have not responded after all the information regarding Hoath getting the SH job. Been doing a bit of research and asking questions of my ubiquitous informants - athletes at Mt. P - Absolutely - Marco Dailey - went to a JR. College in Kansas because of a lack of grades; Harlan would have been highly recruited except for his poor decision and incident that he was involved in this summer. Richardson started as a 9th grader for Walt Smith - and then went on to Ensworth and sat out his Jr. year because of the transfer rule.

Both Herzog and Turchetta would not apply for a 1A program. From what I hear - turchetta is happy at Mt. Juliet and Herzog is enjoying time off after umpteen years coaching.

Hoath would be a most popular hire at SH - but that program needs experience and someone with savvy to turn it around. Not saying Hoath doesn't have either - but popularity is not the only thing needed to run a successful program. Based on all the comments about him, he is a terrific candidate and would do a very good job. The only hitch (if you please) is what others say about experience. Other than that - make the hire and help those kids at SH!

Edited by burgnova68